Winnie the Pooh and friends, too: adapted show

Started by Anthony, January 04, 2006, 09:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

According to the Event Schedule: http://www.disneylandparis.com/uk/news/ ... /index.htm , Winnie will only be on stage from 14th July to 27th August, so do you think the show is really moving?  I don't think it will be.  It they're moving it to Fantasy Festival Stage, then it'd be on for longer than just the plain summer season, surely?

If they're going to move it, it would make most sense to do it next year, when (for the 15th Anniversary), there's rumours of a new show for Royal Castle Stage...

Any thoughts?

Anthony

Well, the show IS definitely moving:

Quote from: "raptor1982"All my EPC friends (and I have several :lol: ) have all confirmed that the show IS moving. It will run this summer and will propably return for Halloween with a Halloween lay-over.

If the show's a success, they'll concider it running all year long.

The show will be updated with new songs from the latest movie, but the style (narated by Christopher Robbins) will be the same as Winnie the Pooh and Friends too.

Daniel

I am a bit confused here, so the show is defiantly moving and when will it open this year :?:

flor

Yes, it's moving and will start half July

Anthony

Official message from Disneyland Resort Paris to Travel Agencies:

QuoteWinnie the Pooh and Friends communications

Effective immediately, please do not use 'Winnie the Pooh and Friends Too' Show (logo, copy, visual or copy reference to the show) in your advertising material as all reference to 'Winnie the Pooh and Friends Too' is now restricted to park map use only.

That's weird, don't you think?  Are they trying to save money with the royalties or something?

flor

Reasons: People link Disneyland too much to Winnie. There's a lot more to discover next to him.

Kris

Really strange promotion tactic (if DLRP actualy has one these days). The show is obviouly nothing to get excited about as it is not designed to attract new guests. What is its purpose now?

I welcome the change of location and seasonal versions of the performance, but why are they going to all this effort? I hope they add a big Winnie sign to the Fantasy Festival Stage anyhow - similar to LOTLK. It would tie the show into the land better, in my opinion.
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Anthony

Quote from: "Kris"I hope they add a big Winnie sign to the Fantasy Festival Stage anyhow - similar to LOTLK. It would tie the show into the land better, in my opinion.
I think the show will fit great already - it's in the British area of the land and they just added those props for the photo location next to the theatre a few weeks ago, so it already feels very much like a Winnie the Pooh area.

I agree some kind of larger sign would be quite nice though, if a bit pointless - the show is going to be busy enough as it is: 375 seats + the winnie the pooh name = problems!

The Butlin Boy

Has there been any news about the show recently?

Anthony

No, they seem to be keeping it all hush-hush so that our attention isn't diverted away from Buzz!

I guess they're designing the show still... they wouldn't start rehearsals yet, would they?  I doubt they've got much/any scenery at Fantasy Festival Stage yet, there's ages to go before the new season starts...

Anthony

Well, the sets on the Royal Castle Stage are gone...

http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=635

You can see the stage as the Imagineers intended it now, with that AWESOME view of the castle!  I hope the Magic Music Days or some Princess meet n greets make good use of it this Summer...

And the Fantasy Festival Stage has construction walls all around the outside (again!).  But why, I wonder?  They just refurbished the theatre last year, and you don't need construction walls to put up a poster.  Maybe they're putting in a queue line, or some Winnie the Pooh themeing?

Dlrpfan

that view looks soo great! i hope they do put maybe a sighn or theming outside the fantasyland theater
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

Maybe just something simple like they have for the Disneyland attraction?

DLRP beat them with the themeing on the Monsters Inc photo location vs. their attraction exterior (IMO!), so it's possible...

Anthony

Take a look at the updated Event Schedule: http://www.disneylandparis.com/uk/news/ ... /index.htm

Winnie the Pooh and Friends, Too - scheduled to run from 11th November 2006!  :D

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"Winnie the Pooh and Friends, Too - scheduled to run from 11th November 2006!  :D

They can play it 12 months a year now right? By the way, is the show still called Winnie the Pooh and Friends, Too? I thought that it would get a slightly different name and some small changes when it comes to the story. Otherwise they can't present it as a "new" show...  :wink:

Well, I'm glad for the little ones and the other Pooh fans that this show will play such long seasons. Disneyland Resort Paris is the Resort without an attraction based on Pooh. Maybe it would be smart to build a darkride someday, including a gifshop? I guess it would be extremely popular.