Pete's Dragon's Trip Report 14-19 Sept.

Started by Pete's Dragon, September 20, 2008, 06:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remco K.

The whole trip report is just brilliant. Thanks for that, really enjoyed it! :D

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"I just have a little incy-wincy complaint, so small it's not ever worth mentioning. The themeing and decor is spot on, except for the service elevator doors before the ride. Why make them out of balsa wood ? You can see them move with the wind from the elevator moving up and down.
Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one who've noticed this! :P I think they just move randomly by strokes of wind. The doors aren't connected to any guides on the floor. The actual ride is behind the second pair of doors, so it probably isn't wind from the drop.

But now that you've reminded me of it again I'll probably be looking at it again next week and think about your trip report! :P

Pete's Dragon

:cry:  :cry: I just can't leave this topice alone !!!!  :cry:  :cry:

Made this collage of some of the characters the kids met ( and by kids I mean me and Jasmine too )

burntsienna

Awww Pete's Dragon that collage is awsome!  :mrgreen:  =D>
Are you possibly going through Disney-withdrawls?
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Pete's Dragon

Yes. Yes I am. And furthermore, I'm finding it really hard to post on the Forum. I just can't get back the swing of things at the moment. Even stuff like Hangman and Javey's "I feel like ripping my eyes out" Character Guess game.

I miss DLRP. Me and Jasmine have even priced 3 nights in March for her birthday ( without kids ) even though we know there's no chance on student budgets  :(

burntsienna

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"Yes. Yes I am. And furthermore, I'm finding it really hard to post on the Forum. I just can't get back the swing of things at the moment. Even stuff like Hangman and Javey's "I feel like ripping my eyes out" Character Guess game.

I miss DLRP. Me and Jasmine have even priced 3 nights in March for her birthday ( without kids ) even though we know there's no chance on student budgets  :(

Awww yeah I know how you feel!
Javey's game is fun...but painful!  :lol:  :mrgreen:
I went through and am still in my withdrawls from my trip in July...and might not be able to go until after uni in 3 years. Though me and my sister are trying to save to go next year.

You might be able to save, though...like just do what my mum does, she saves every 50p she gets and puts it towards christmas etc. It might work out.
Though it does depend on the equiptment you'll need at uni.

At the moment I'm trying to save as much as possible...I'm not saving much as its costing me £25 a week to get to uni and back.

I'm sure you'll find a way!
Just don't give up hope :)

Pete's Dragon

We could go in March if we really wanted to. Would just have to give up a few luxuries like food, heating, and petrol. And would it really be that bad living in a bus shelter ? :wink:

burntsienna

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"We could go in March if we really wanted to. Would just have to give up a few luxuries like food, heating, and petrol. And would it really be that bad living in a bus shelter ? :wink:

Haha well it depends what takes your fancy really...Arriva bus shelters are generally the warmest I've ever stayed in =]

Heating and petrol have really gone up in price =[
We can't have the heating on till late October - November time...probably not till December the way my Mums going lol!
We don't own a car though so don't have the petrol problem...just the public transport problem.

Buy the bargin food, what ever is on offer...we have about 10 tins of spaghetti hoops from when they were on offer for 50p a tin lol!
 :mrgreen:
Plus they're great...you can eat them straigh out of the tin cold...don't need to waist money cooking them, and are perfect bus shelter food!  :lol:

MinniesBestPal

We're living on baked beans and spaghetti hoops while we save for WDW next year!

burntsienna

Quote from: "MinniesBestPal"We're living on baked beans and spaghetti hoops while we save for WDW next year!

Lol! You're living like a studant!  :mrgreen:  :lol:

MinniesBestPal

Thats what my mum said too!  :D  :lol:

Javey74

Brilliant collage there PD, sorry to hear about the withdrawl symptoms, especially you finding it hard to get back into the swing of things....Something about "The Character Guess" I hear is causing you a few problems, but don't worry too much PD, you're not alone there... :mrgreen:

Belle's_Prince

Quote from: "Aveen2008"Wow I think that is the Dark Prince waiting in line, was Belle there for him?

Message removed by admin on request by the poster.

bigrossco

pete with you having probs on Autopia i take it riders control how fast the cars go?
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "bigrossco"pete with you having probs on Autopia i take it riders control how fast the cars go?

Yeah, just take you foot off the peddle. Easy peasy even for my 3 year old daughter.

I actually said to the CM that our car was really slow. He opened the bonnet and had a look, but couldnt see anything. It was kinda like the way there's always a slower car in your Scalelectix set

Riebi

Hey Pete!

Thank you for this supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Trip report! Was great fun to read and watch all this!  =D>
I think you and your family should get the 200.000.000 visitor key! Looks like so much fun over there at DLRP!  :D/
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...