Hercules attraction

Started by peep, July 06, 2009, 08:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peep

I was thinking this one up the other day....

As part of an expansion to Fantasyland a brand new dark ride based on the animated classic, Hercules, released in 1997.

The exterior would be based off the scene where teenage Hercules knocks all those pillars down by mistake after catching a frisbee (sorry, couldn't find a pic of it online). At the top of the pillars would be a stone mural type thing which tells the story of Hercules. In the centre of the area would be a fountain of Hades (water sprays from hands and hair).

In-between some of the pillars you would have small stalls inspired by the scene in the film. This could include fake pottery ones and another selling the action figures and other merchandise from the film.

The entrance for the attraction would be a small temple type building. Inside this building you would see a statue/animatronic of Zeus (like when Hercules goes to talk to him). To the right would be the entrance and to the left would be the exit.

The queueline would be full of mosaics showing scenes from the film. There would also be pottery on display which are inspired by the ones in the film.

The ride system would be similar to Peter Pans but instead of boarding a pirate ship the car is designed to look like Pegasus. The ride would go through scenes from the film. One scene would be going up towards the celebration in the clouds when Hercules becomes a God. Another would be going through Hades's lair which the three witches etc.

What do you think? What would you add etc?
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

-breeno-

Great idea peep.  I loved Hercules as a kid, and i still love it now, even got the old PS1 game on my PS3 Harddrive :mrgreen:

Anyway your idea is great, something i'd really like to see in Fantastyland, only tiny problem is where could to locate it so it would theme well with its surroundings?  At the moment i'm not sure, is there anywhere that seems Greek Godly?

Also you mentioned two scenes that would appear in the dark ride, now i haven't seen Hercules in years so this will be wrong, but heres what the order in scenes could go;

1. Hades lair with the three witches (that's at the start yeah?)
2. Hercules is born
3. Training
4. Something to do with Hades maybe?
5. Hercules vs Hydra
6. The three Titans are released
7. Hercules defeats the Titans and Hades
8. Hercules becomes a God

The more i think about this the more i love the idea, there could be some great audio-animatronics (The likes of Phil, the 2 guys that work for Hades etc) and a excellent soundtrack (Zero to Hero anyone? :mrgreen: ).
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Captain Pan

Quote from: "-breeno-";

1. Hades lair with the three witches (that's at the start yeah?)
2. Hercules is born
3. Training
4. Something to do with Hades maybe?
5. Hercules vs Hydra
6. The three Titans are released
7. Hercules defeats the Titans and Hades
8. Hercules becomes a God

The more i think about this the more i love the idea, there could be some great audio-animatronics (The likes of Phil, the 2 guys that work for Hades etc) and a excellent soundtrack (Zero to Hero anyone? :mrgreen: ).

You mean Pain and Panic Breeno... Pain and Panic

Anthony

The ride system of Midway Mania would be awesome for some kind of interactive Hercules Training dark ride.

I've never thought about an attraction based on it before, but it'd actually be a great theme for Paris. Perhaps opposite Fantasia Gelati? You could create a new Adventureland Bazaar-type area there with all those stalls.

Disney seem to have forgotten the film exists, though, along with Mulan, Hunchback and Pocahontas.

peep

^The bazaar type thing was what I had in mind. Though if they wanted it could even work with plastic characters etc instead of real stalls.

I like the idea of the midway-mania attraction instead, much better than getting another toy story attraction. Could have it as a training academy with Phil taking you through several stages. Maybe even have a pre-show bit with Phil which is similar to Stitch Live? Could get you to do random balancing stances or something then, could be funny.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

howtodeal

Great idea. I really love Hercules  :D

QuoteHercules vs Hydra

This would be a perfect idea for a rollercoaster i think

Gareth

oOoOoOo this would be like the most awsome ride EVER and if it played hercules music aswell thenit would be better than anything in the park gotta love a bit of zero to hero and one last hope heheh

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks