Photography - Artwork

Started by burntsienna, August 20, 2008, 02:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barnsey313

Quote from: "burntsienna"Here's some random shots of Redcar =]

I like this one... Don't know what it is but I seem to like silhouettes, especially at sunset (my favorite time of day for photos... well that and dawn).

Just made the decision I'm going to buy a Panasonic TZ5 for Christmas, sometimes I get tired of taking my FZ18 (even if it is fairly small) around the parks, and the TZ5 still has a good zoom in a more pocketable form factor. Also made the decision I'm going to spend less time behind an LCD screen on my next disney trip and enjoy it more.

James.  :donald:

burntsienna

Quote from: "Barnsey313"I like this one... Don't know what it is but I seem to like silhouettes, especially at sunset (my favorite time of day for photos... well that and dawn).

Just made the decision I'm going to buy a Panasonic TZ5 for Christmas, sometimes I get tired of taking my FZ18 (even if it is fairly small) around the parks, and the TZ5 still has a good zoom in a more pocketable form factor. Also made the decision I'm going to spend less time behind an LCD screen on my next disney trip and enjoy it more.

Aww yeah I love silhouette photographs.

Cool!
I want to invest in a more 'manageable' camera to take with me when ever I go next. As my Canon 450D won't fit in my pocket at all! haha
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Barnsey313

Quote from: "burntsienna"....my Canon 450D won't fit in my pocket at all! haha

It doesn't stop some people! On my last trip I saw some Japanese Visitors carrying a large tripod and a Nikon D80 with a Pro lens (around 580mm zoom) which was on a separate monopod.. *laughs*.

burntsienna

Quote from: "Barnsey313"It doesn't stop some people! On my last trip I saw some Japanese Visitors carrying a large tripod and a Nikon D80 with a Pro lens (around 580mm zoom) which was on a separate monopod.. *laughs*.

Woooah!
I can't imagine doing that! lol I'd end up bashing people out of the way by accident!
And then just getting fed up of crying it all!
The biggest lens I have is only up to like 280mm I think, so it wouldn't be as bad...lol though would still be terrible!

MinniesBestPal

You should see my dad with all his camera stuff in Disneyland... 2 cameras, a professional one with fancy lens and stuff, and a digital one. A bag for all his fancy stuff, like spare batteries, more lens, power cables for computers, etc.

Plus the other 2 bags which he uses for all the video camera stuff! Ones a big one (with the video camera in it!) and the other is small for all its stuff!

burntsienna

Haha wow!
He's more camera bags than man!
Thats a great deal of stuff to have to carry around! he must be really quite strong to be able to carry it all day!
What does he do when he goes on rides?

anthonysprincess

Alright- I made some notes because I am catching up on this thread ten pages in. Sorry to the people whose names I left out  :oops: I decided to do this late.

1-I like the college snowstorm pic. It's really interesting.

2-Sausage looks a lot like Kitty! Maybe I should post one of her :D

3-I am mad jealous you got bumblebees because I tried to all summer and never really got one. I need a better camera, thouh, truthfully.

4-burntsienna i love your arm coming out of the pond!!!!! alot!

5-I love all the eiffel tower pics, I think everyone knows why it's so special to me now <3 but even so, they are all good!

I guess I will post one or two :) Nice thread omg! I'm so glad all these art threads are popping up <3
To show some of you guys what New York looks like in the Winter (NOT NYC just New York :D):

The kids at the bottom of the rainbow are my brother and sister-it looks like he's holding the bottom of it in his hands  :mrgreen: :

Nottingham councilhouse/reflection:

I have so many more I wanna share-I LOVE photos. Later, later, I don't want to do too many. ahhhhhh

Captain Pan

Quote from: "burntsienna"
Quote from: "Barnsey313"I like this one... Don't know what it is but I seem to like silhouettes, especially at sunset (my favorite time of day for photos... well that and dawn).

Aww yeah I love silhouette photographs.

Cool!
I want to invest in a more 'manageable' camera to take with me when ever I go next. As my Canon 450D won't fit in my pocket at all! haha

Funny you should say that James and Laura... Sunsets were actually classed as the most romantic sights according to the BBC... and from that Some Guy went touring around the country in order to find his version of the best sunsets... and what suprised me the most the image that captures Port Talbot's Skyline and looks like a pretty horrid eyesore most of the year round was declared as one of the best sunsets he'd seen! Here's The Article and Two Photos one from the article one from somewhere else...
//http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/7592488.stm
[attachment=1:is7gyd6f]normal.JPG[/attachment:is7gyd6f][attachment=0:is7gyd6f]sunset.JPG[/attachment:is7gyd6f]

burntsienna

Quote from: "anthonysprincess"Alright- I made some notes because I am catching up on this thread ten pages in. Sorry to the people whose names I left out  :oops: I decided to do this late.

1-I like the college snowstorm pic. It's really interesting.

2-Sausage looks a lot like Kitty! Maybe I should post one of her :D

3-I am mad jealous you got bumblebees because I tried to all summer and never really got one. I need a better camera, thouh, truthfully.

4-burntsienna i love your arm coming out of the pond!!!!! alot!

5-I love all the eiffel tower pics, I think everyone knows why it's so special to me now <3 but even so, they are all good!

I guess I will post one or two :) Nice thread omg! I'm so glad all these art threads are popping up <3
To show some of you guys what New York looks like in the Winter (NOT NYC just New York :D):

I have so many more I wanna share-I LOVE photos. Later, later, I don't want to do too many. ahhhhhh

With the bumble bees they kept flying near me and I kept panicing and running away! lol
Took me a while to exctually get a decent shot.

The arm in the pond shot was fun, I had to get into the most awkward of postitions though, to have one arm fully submerged to my shoulder and then the rest of my body out of shot with my other arm controlling the camera! haha
Then trying to scrub off the spray paint was interesting,  :lol:

Wow! I love your photographs! they are soooo beautiful! I do really like the Winter photograph the most :D
I think Winter is one of the most beautiful months!  :mrgreen:
I'd love for it to snow this year at Christmas time!
The rainbow shot is brilliant too! I love the way you've captured it!

Looking forwards to seeing more Photographs  :mrgreen:  Post as many as you want!

Quote from: "Captain Pan"Funny you should say that James and Laura... Sunsets were actually classed as the most romantic sights according to the BBC... and from that Some Guy went touring around the country in order to find his version of the best sunsets... and what suprised me the most the image that captures Port Talbot's Skyline and looks like a pretty horrid eyesore most of the year round was declared as one of the best sunsets he'd seen! Here's The Article and Two Photos one from the article one from somewhere else...
//http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/7592488.stm

I love your photographs too Captain Pan! Specially the second one! The colours in it are amazing the sky looks beautiful!  :mrgreen:  =D>

Right...It's chucking it down today so I thought I'd get some rain photographs....
So here is some raindrops on the washing line in my garden  :)

anthonysprincess

That first rain photo is mad pretty, darlin.

OK more yay!

More beautiful nature in New York state:

2 of "The majestic Hudson" as my Dad says:

"Robin Hood" aka Anthony and I in London:

Paris:

at DAK:

I think that's enough :D for NOW! :::evil laughter::: :::is mad with power::: :twisted:
jk jk

burntsienna

Awww wow! anthonysprincess  I love them!
Specially the Tiger one!
It's brilliant!  :mrgreen:  =D>
They're amazing!!!!

Pete's Dragon

Now that Im feeling better, headed out with the family for a walk around the local forest ( need some exercise before I attempt 6 days walking around the park. Took my camera along, which I dropped and damaged (only the casing, still works fine but I felt like crying).

Remco K.

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"Took my camera along, which I dropped and damaged (only the casing, still works fine but I felt like crying).

[...]

[...]
Oops! I can imagine that, especially with more expensive cams. Nice shots!

Thought I should also throw some photos into this thread again.

2005: Some lambs relaxing in the grass! :)

2007: Some art things in Zoetermeer (town where my parents live).

Captain Pan

Some really nice shots... Laura your ones of the rain are amazing... I love the ones of New York too Anthony's Princess...

I like Snow... and only got one set of photos for it... on a day where I also manages to slit my wrists BY ACCIDENT before anyone tries to tell me off... but funnily enough I managed to keep the SNow White and only got blood on my rugby shirt which was white as I took this photos!

anthonysprincess

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"Now that Im feeling better, headed out with the family for a walk around the local forest ( need some exercise before I attempt 6 days walking around the park. Took my camera along, which I dropped and damaged (only the casing, still works fine but I felt like crying).

Love your pictures (: