Fantasyland Expansion Rumours - Little Mermaid and more

Started by Kristof, August 09, 2008, 02:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Right behind the station is the loge for the show crews.  Behind that is the old fireworks launch facility and on the left the former fireworks bunkers.

Owain

Quote from: "Kristof"Right behind the station is the loge for the show crews.  Behind that is the old fireworks launch facility and on the left the former fireworks bunkers.
Thanks Raptor :)

Kristof

Quote from: "denethor"Why remove such a beautifull building?  Cant they just retheme the enterance to "Pooh's Hunny Hunt" from Tokyo Disneyland or something?  There seems to be good space behind Peter Pan for the actual ride building.

Only the front part (the covered theatre) will be removed, not the complete building.  The theatre was not in the original design of the Fantasyland Station in the first place.  :)

Mr_B

We've seen several winnie shows there over the years but I don't think we'd miss it.

It would be great for the tunnel to be actually used to access a new area for an attraction. It's true that Fantasyland could do with something new.

Heres hoping to something new .....

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

Maarten

Quote from: "Kristof"Right behind the station is the loge for the show crews.  Behind that is the old fireworks launch facility and on the left the former fireworks bunkers.

Ah, that raises anothers question... where do they launch the fireworks nowadays? Or do you mean they have installed new bunkers and a new launch facility?  :)

Kristof

The fireworks are no longer launched from that area, that was just for big launch shells.  Now they're using launchpads on the Fantasyland buildings and also mobile launchers.

howtodeal

I really like it, i hope it's not replaced by any rides.
I prefer a 20 minutes show rather than a 5 minutes (maybe less) ride  :roll:

Malin

Not a good idea if you want my opinion, with rumours of the Lion King show either cutting back or finishing and the fact The Royal Castle Stage is hardly ever used now days, loosing the Fantasy Festival Stage would be a further blow. I know the venue has problems with guest using it as a venue to eat in during the more extreme weather conditions but I'd hate to see it go. A new building with a brand new show of high standard like the Lion King or the Golden Mickeys would be great, and just what the park needs. A decent show in a decent venue.

Patrick

I feel it's an interesting idea, that if it has a good enough reason to happen, such as new area to the land then brilliant, the theatre always did feel rather temporary anyway.  Also the view is not really good unless you sit at the back so it wouldn't be the resort's biggest loss to be honest if it did go.

pussinboots

Quote from: "Malin"Not a good idea if you want my opinion, with rumours of the Lion King show either cutting back or finishing and the fact The Royal Castle Stage is hardly ever used now days, loosing the Fantasy Festival Stage would be a further blow. I know the venue has problems with guest using it as a venue to eat in during the more extreme weather conditions but I'd hate to see it go. A new building with a brand new show of high standard like the Lion King or the Golden Mickeys would be great, and just what the park needs. A decent show in a decent venue.

But the park already has two very decent theaters (Videopolis and the Chaparral). I agree that the Theatre du Chateau is very underused (since they've basically retired it in favor of the Central Plaza stage), but surely the Fantasy Festival Stage can be missed. After all, there's also the Studios nowadays. Plenty of stage potential there.

Malin

Videopolis unless you enjoy burger and fries has very little seating. Its not really worthy of holding an production like Lion King. Chaparral on the other hand is a decent theatre but was built in my opinion in the wrong place. The venue is right at the back of Frontierland and could of been better used being more centured. Also Chaparral doesn't stage a full time show and switches between Tarzan and Mickey's Winter Wonderland depending on the season. The Fantasy Festival Stage is in an ideal location at the heart of Fantasyland and the park could do with a full time stage show, instead of relying on the same tempory entertainment shows that it does each year.

The Studios on the other hand has its own problems like shows that range from lame to very good, but why should you go to another park anyway. Both Disney parks should offer good quality stage shows. Animagique is rather dated by todays standards and has over the years seen far to many cutbacks. It needs replacing with a new show, I also have to question if some of the rumoured closures of shows like Pooh and Lion King is to make money free for the upcoming Playhouse Disney show.

Futurecastmember

OH NO! I LOVE the winnie the pooh show, and every show that have been on the FF stage. It's so sweet, funny and entertaining, and something I would NEVER skip going to DLRP. The theatre is small and simpel, but very charming and a great place to watch a show. Everything doesn't have to a BIG action show like Tarzan, or a great musical production like Lion King. Let it stay! I would prefer this very much over a ride version of Pooh (even though it's great to). You don't have to wait in lines forever, it lasts longer, and it's LIVE! I've thought that the greatest thing about disney is their shows and parades. You don't get that any other place, and it's more personal, and warming than a ride. LET IT STAY!!! and I would say the same thing about animagiq! or any other show. At least make new shows instead of rides PLEASE! And of course new rides are really great, but why do they have to be build on the cost of something else?
It\'s just like we dreamed it
As far as I can see
It\'s just like we dreamed it
As good as good can be
And I know it\'s so much better
\'Cause we dreamed it up together
Just like we dreamed it, to life! Magically...

Annual passport holder! FANTASY!

Owain

Now adding on to the matterhorn idea, here is my terrible attempt of dropping the matterhorn from DLR onto the back and me trying to morph everything in (Terribly ! :lol:)

pussinboots

Quote from: "Malin"Videopolis unless you enjoy burger and fries has very little seating. Its not really worthy of holding an production like Lion King. Chaparral on the other hand is a decent theatre but was built in my opinion in the wrong place. The venue is right at the back of Frontierland and could of been better used being more centured. Also Chaparral doesn't stage a full time show and switches between Tarzan and Mickey's Winter Wonderland depending on the season. The Fantasy Festival Stage is in an ideal location at the heart of Fantasyland and the park could do with a full time stage show, instead of relying on the same tempory entertainment shows that it does each year.

The Studios on the other hand has its own problems like shows that range from lame to very good, but why should you go to another park anyway. Both Disney parks should offer good quality stage shows. Animagique is rather dated by todays standards and has over the years seen far to many cutbacks. It needs replacing with a new show, I also have to question if some of the rumoured closures of shows like Pooh and Lion King is to make money free for the upcoming Playhouse Disney show.

All true, but in the grand scheme of things, Disneyland Paris already has some of the world's best entertainment even without the Fantasy Festival Stage. I'm not sure about Tokyo and Hong Kong, but Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom have nothing to compete with the Lion King or Tarzan. The theaters that hold them aren't perfect, and might benefit from some remodeling (and the Chaparral from a new ride in its vicinity), but I don't really see the need for a big expensive new theater when they can't even afford to give their existing attractions a lick of paint most of the time.

Remco K.

At first, I was a bit shocked to hear this rumour. What worried me most is what kind of replacement to expect here. However, I didn't know about the fact Fantasyland Stage wasn't part of the original Fantasyland plans. So originally, they had other plans with the space...

Now, I'm not saying they're picking up some old plans, cause nothing has been confirmed at all. But I'm less worried on how Fantasyland Station will look after the partial demolision.

Now bring on the rumour mill! What can we expect here? Finally our own Tokyo version of Winnie the Pooh? Mickey's PhilarMagic? Perhaps even a tunnel leading to a future Toon Town!? ;)

Nah, let's just wait and see! ;)