Fantasyland Expansion Rumours - Little Mermaid and more

Started by Kristof, August 09, 2008, 02:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luke85

Quote from: "Anthony"The only obvious downside to putting an expensive E-Ticket behind Fantasyland is that it'd have to close early every time there's fireworks. Although that's not exactly often.

Also, I'd always assumed the theatre's stage was actually in the Fantasyland Station building. Is it not?
I performed on the stage with my college choir in 2004, but it's hard to tell where the stage actually is. I personally think the stage itself is under the station, and only the seating is covered by the glass roof. I'm not sure though, does anyone else know any more information about this?

Adam

Looking at Google Earth and the side of the building, it looks like it goes under the station. I can't imagine there would be sufficient room if it didn't. They could then use this underground space to create a tunnel to get under the station.

smurfy74

Having attractions behind the station would mean that Casey Jnr and Storybook Land would be less isolated and makes sense to me. They could be joined and make the guest flow so much better, as stated earlier Fantasyland gets crowded now even in low season.  =D>  =D>

phantom247

This attraction could end up being one of rasulo's clones as we already know Disneyland CA is already constructing the little mermaid,WDW was a go then on hold untill the economy improved (as mentioned by jimhillmedia.com) but now it seems that It's finally been given a green light ( screamscape.com) and continues on to say that it is not just for this attraction but a total overhaul of Fantasyland which was originally intended to happen in Magic Kingdom.
I don't expect it will be too long before Tokyo says they want this attraction will their be 2 versions of this attraction all guns blazing CA version which would end up in Tokyo or a new cheaper Version for WDW and Paris.
Or is TWDC going to put quality before price and give us all the CA version.

Thomas_626

I woul definitely go ahead with TLM ride clone or not, i think it would bring in a lot of crowds, particularly from Central Europe and I think the Californian one will be a massive success as well so to replicate that would be great. Though I would definitly add a grotto for a meet and greet with Ariel and maybe even Prince Eric.

The Beauty and the Beast show sounds excellent and I could definitely see that fitting in very well with a proposed French revolution along with the rumoured Ratatouille ride.

I am a little bored with Fantasyland if I'm being honest so any additions are welcome in my opinion.

Mrs. Jennes

a little mermaid dark ride would be great, but if they really want to build it in the back , then they actually have to build another attraction too i think. It would seem too lonely there, very  at the outside. I don't hope they build the matterhorn there. Ok it would be an interesting experiment, but honestly, it wouldn't fit to fantasy land!

A dream comes true the 10th Time in March \'10

*TIMMIE*

How great it would be to see The Little Mermaid finally appear (in one way), but why not keeping it the unique ride it was? Just like on the DVD. Flying through the scenes. It would be smaller, but different from the other version( s ).

I once read rumours Toon Town would be build behind the Fantasyland Trainstation. That would be great. I really miss it in our park.

emweaver

I would love TLM ride to come to DLP me and DD really enjoyed the video of the ride. The only thing is I think it should be in chronological order as its all over the place in the video

Anthony

*cough*

Walt Disney World's future Ariel's Adventure dark ride. :wink:

lil-shawn

it looks very good, like the one it was planed for our park  :wink:

its funny that the americans, moan about this ride in wdw because dca is getting it too,
blah blah blah, if we would comnplain so much like they do  :lol:

oh hold on we do, just look at TSPL, HKDl is stealing this from us  :mrgreen:

luke85

Quote from: "Anthony"*cough*

Walt Disney World's future Ariel's Adventure dark ride. :wink:
I would give my right arm to see this in our Fantasyland! Please please please!  [-o<

It only seems right that we should get it at some point, after all it was DLP that was destined to have the original version of this attraction in the first place!

Gareth

looks like its going to be a good ride i think i may pospone my trip to WDW till all the new things are built and is there any chance of this coming to paris?

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

Cendrillon

It's so beautiful, it really is! I think my mouth was actually open the whole time I was watching the Fantasyland video.
I really do hope we get at least one of the expansions in Paris - it's only fair!!

Nala_84

I also followed the (in my eyes - great!! -) expansions of WDW's Fantasyland. For me, it all seems just breathtaking, so many "new worlds" of Princesses :)!

Did they say anything about "our" new projects in DLP though? I've seen those new adverts fpr TSPL, but did they mention anything about our Disneyland Park (f.e. Little Mermaid attraction) on the EXPO?!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Anthony

Quote from: "Nala_84"Did they say anything about "our" new projects in DLP though? I've seen those new adverts fpr TSPL, but did they mention anything about our Disneyland Park (f.e. Little Mermaid attraction) on the EXPO?!
No, nothing. They didn't actually even acknowledge that Toy Story Land at HKDL was originally created just for Paris (if that's a good thing).

There's a topic about the D23 Expo here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7652&start=20