Mickey says Good Bye!

Started by Anthony, September 02, 2005, 09:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

I think this is something relatively new in the park (I've noticed it mentioned quite a bit on other forums recently anyway), and seems to have been copied from other resorts (particularly WDW)...

Mickey now stands on the balcony of Main Street Station and waves goodbye to guests as they leave the park.

It's a nice way to ensure guests leave with a smile on their face, and is so simple - just one character, but it makes a difference.  :mickey2:

Disneyana

That's really nice. So this is another real magical thing. Everybody could end their day in the park with a wink from Mickey. Great !!  :D
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Nikkibelle18

Is this recent? Cause I don't remember seeing him there  :?

Or maybe I just didn't look up  :roll:

Anthony

Quote from: "Nikkibelle18"Is this recent? Cause I don't remember seeing him there  :?
Yeah, I think it must have only started in late *August*.  I presume it's still happening at the end of each day, but I'm not 100% sure.  :?

Nikkibelle18

Ah well, I was there in August and I still don't remeber seeing him :(

*smacks head* I'm so dumb.

Anthony

Quote from: "Nikkibelle18"*smacks head* I'm so dumb.
I hope you didn't really hit your head, 'cos I made a mistake...  :?  They started doing this in the last few days of August, not October!  :)  I must have been thinking too much about it being October 1st tomorrow and Halloween starting...

So it is very likely that they simply weren't running this when you were there.  :D

Nikkibelle18

Luckily I'm feeling too tired to slap myself right now, so you were lucky :P

Yeah, that makes sense. Cause I realy can imagine myself passing right past Mickey and not seeing him  :?

babybert

Yeh he stands above town square every night and waves goodbye to guests! i beieve in wdw mickey has music and playback, but in dlrp he just stands and waves with guests goin mad!!! hehe

Kristof

He can talk now!!!  He talks English and says sometimes Au revoir and merci.   :D

Jorien

Quote from: "raptor1982"He can talk now!!!  He talks English and says sometimes Au revoir and merci.   :D

Ehh...Raptor? He talks English and says Au revoir and Merci? LOL!!!  :P

no just kidding, i know what you mean, but first reading it, it looked a bit funny!

babybert

Thats really cool raptor! i didnt know that, must be new! I think that will be so much better as it was kinda random just seeing mickey waving... no real purpose as guests couldnt understand why they couldnt get photos with him etc! at one point a guest was trying to throw his autograph book up at mickey! and some crazy woman ran up the exit of the rail station and refused to leave without a photo!