Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

For heaven's sake, that's OUR model, created for OUR park! Unless they're building a crappy Studio Tram Tour over there as well. I know it's strange to claim ownership of an Imagineering idea like Toy Story Playland, but why are we having to see this via Hong Kong?

Hello, Euro Disney SCA? Are you there? Promote your attractions!

About the restaurant, shop and toilets, actually our TSPL will be far more realistic, because toys don't need to eat or use the toilet. So, technically, we're setting the boundaries higher for better storytelling. Or EDSCA are cheap, either way...

I love the model though. Am I a bad person?

Anthony

Some caps from the video Butlin Boy posted:

MagicStar

Looks much better than I expected!!!!
The only thing I just askes myself when I saw this huge Parachute Drop Towers:
Would it really be Walts intension to play Soldier in a Disney Park?
Yes, its from Toy Story... but the feeling of this prob doesn´t feel very cartoon-ish...
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

Gareth

i like the look of the piccies looks very well themed and a number of good photo ops in there love it more and more

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

DLP-Photos.com

I have to admit the themening looks pretty good, however I still have my doubts regarding the choice of attractions, but I will save my judgement until I have experienced it for real (hopefully this summer).
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

RnRCj

The paratower looks ugly as hell. I didn't think it was possible to make a paratower even less attractive than Jumpin' Jellyfish, but I have been proved wrong!

I hope the RC Racer track isn't as bulky as that either. I love the way they have made absolutely no attempt to hide the bare purple supports. And what's with the dull generic buildings around it?

The theming overall looks mediocre. Nothing a park like Chessington or Alton Towers couldn't do.

Disneydavid

It has it charmes! These rides fit Totally in Disneyland Paris :D!

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

Martyn

Lol, I cant believe how many people on here love Star Tours! Its just a simulator? I like it, but only ever go on it once on each trip. Whilst I agree that HISTA does need attention too, I still prefer it.

Anywho.... by looking at all the model pictures, it would appear that RC will have vertical spikes? If so, surely that would mean the manufacturer would be Intamin? As far as I can remember, Zamperla's dont go vertical...

Though to contradict that, Intamin's tend to have their tri-track, not a solid flat track, like Zamperla's...

Oh I dunno  :x

mehdi5

Quote from: "Martyn"Lol, I cant believe how many people on here love Star Tours! Its just a simulator? I like it, but only ever go on it once on each trip. Whilst I agree that HISTA does need attention too, I still prefer it.

Anywho.... by looking at all the model pictures, it would appear that RC will have vertical spikes? If so, surely that would mean the manufacturer would be Intamin? As far as I can remember, Zamperla's dont go vertical...

Though to contradict that, Intamin's tend to have their tri-track, not a solid flat track, like Zamperla's...

Oh I dunno  :x
It's propably an Intamin, the solid look maybe is some customizing a bit to make it look like it's the toy track from the movies, but it's definitly an Intamin.

Kristof

RC Racer is custom build by Zamperla.  :)

Disneydavid

The very first videoshots of TOY STORY PLAYLAND - The Construction ;)

[youtube:s7cxm109]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US923j8MpVc[/youtube:s7cxm109]

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

Willow

From @WDSFans
QuoteSpotted: Oversized Lincoln Logs toys on the Toy Story Playland construction site. The first themed elements have arrived!

RnRCj

Also from WDSfans on twitter:
Quote from: "WDSfans"RC Racer will have a capacity of 600 riders / hour.
The Crush's Coaster queues aren't gonna seem so bad when this thing opens. :shock:

Willow

Quote from: "RnRCj"Also from WDSfans on twitter:
Quote from: "WDSfans"RC Racer will have a capacity of 600 riders / hour.
The Crush's Coaster queues aren't gonna seem so bad when this thing opens. :shock:

:shock:

Thats an awful capacity for a Theme Park that gets a fifth of the amount of visitors that WDS gets, nevermind the amount of people the studios gets.
Seriously, who thought that choosing this ride-type was a good idea?

Come on guys, this is basic theme park design. Everybody knows that a huge factor when choosing a ride is its capacity, DLRP just seem to ignore this factor. :roll:

JelleP

Quote from: "Willow"Thats an awful capacity for a Theme Park that gets a fifth of the amount of visitors that WDS gets, nevermind the amount of people the studios gets.
Seriously, who thought that choosing this ride-type was a good idea?

Come on guys, this is basic theme park design. Everybody knows that a huge factor when choosing a ride is its capacity, DLRP just seem to ignore this factor. :roll:

They did the same with Crush's Coaster. The capacity of the ride is awful! Hopefully they will create a Fastpass-line here, otherwise the lines will be as badly as C.C. and I don't think people are going to like that... :shock:
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]