Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turlaach

I'll remind all those worried that this is still a RUMOUR. :)

The Butlin Boy

I know that there are a lot of negative comments going around this topic, but you've got to keep in mind that if it were as bad as it seems, then EDI probably wouldn't do it. I for one have complete faith that EDI won't screw this up, especially after the last few years the resort has had. And besides, these are just rumors at the minute, it could turn out that there won't be a half pipe coaster after all :wink:

Kristof

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"I know that there are a lot of negative comments going around this topic, but you've got to keep in mind that if it were as bad as it seems, then EDI probably wouldn't do it. I for one have complete faith that EDI won't screw this up, especially after the last few years the resort has had. And besides, these are just rumors at the minute, it could turn out that there won't be a half pipe coaster after all :wink:

Sorry to correct you, but EDLI (Disneyland Paris Imagineering) is not designing this project.  They only do small stuff like lighting and things like those sponsored food kiosks (including the wonderful Coca-Cola truck on Main Street and the toppings bars in Videopolis)... It's Walt Disney Imagineering in Burbank that's behind all the new (and old) projects. :D

RnRCj

Does anyone know when this project is going to be announced by DLRP? Could it be as early as this year? Surely they wouldn't announce it any later than the start of next year if it's scheduled for June 2010.

I know the topic title still says rumour in big capital letters, but with all the recent news and articles it seems that this mini-land is definitely happening. :lol:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Kristof"Sorry to correct you, but...

No worries, thanks for clearing that up :)

RnRCj

I've just made a very quick, very inaccurate expansion map of WDS. I don't have a clue where everything is going to be placed, these are just my guesses based on information we have so far. The main reason I made it was to try and work out how all these expansions would fit into the Studios; it has been bugging me. :lol:

DanielCraig

I love Toy Story therefore I like the idea of a Toy Storyland...come on, whats there to hate..?

All our wishes
Will
come
True

Owain

Quote from: "DanielCraig"I love Toy Story therefore I like the idea of a Toy Storyland...come on, whats there to hate..?

Its not people hating toy story, its their opinion that there is too much toy story in our resort.
I for one welcome this as i am a number one toy story fan !

DanielCraig

Quote from: "Owain"
Quote from: "DanielCraig"I love Toy Story therefore I like the idea of a Toy Storyland...come on, whats there to hate..?

Its not people hating toy story, its their opinion that there is too much toy story in our resort.

Too much Toy Story? Buzz lightyears laser blast and....ummm...the shop thats in it=? is there anything else toy story related in the parks? (ok, one floater in the parade too...)

edit- oh yeah, the woodys roundup...well is it really that noticeable=? its hidden away far far in the corner of frontierland...so it doesnt count as much..

All our wishes
Will
come
True

Kristof

Quote from: "Owain"

I don't think there's too much Toy Story in the Resort.  The TS universe is wide enough to have multiple themes and stories without having the feeling its repeating itself.  Besides, WDW has the same amount of Toy Story tie-ins as DLRP.

Japper

Well, why build multiple toy story rides/themed areas when some other important movies don't have a ride? Like the little mermaid, beauty and the beast (!!!!), 101 Dalmatians, Winnie the Pooh, The Lion King, Wall-E...

They could build excellent new rides with those movies..

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "RnRCj"I've just made a very quick, very inaccurate expansion map of WDS. I don't have a clue where everything is going to be placed, these are just my guesses based on information we have so far. The main reason I made it was to try and work out how all these expansions would fit into the Studios; it has been bugging me. :lol:

Very nice, well done. And what's more, I can actually see that happening! :wink:  =D>

DanielCraig

Quote from: "Japper"Well, why build multiple toy story rides/themed areas when some other important movies don't have a ride? Like the little mermaid, beauty and the beast (!!!!), 101 Dalmatians, Winnie the Pooh, The Lion King, Wall-E...

Well Toy Story is better than those movies you named imho, the only one i have very very fond memories with from my childhood.
And of course its good they do anything at all anywhere. So why whine?:)

All our wishes
Will
come
True

penfold12

that map looks about right, only thing I might add, is the talk of the costume building being moved.....

There has been talk of this, how true it is I don't know. If it is true if makes way for decent expansion of toon studios, but how does it leave the already delapidated tram tour...

MagicStar

Quote from: "Japper"Well, why build multiple toy story rides/themed areas when some other important movies don't have a ride? Like the little mermaid, beauty and the beast (!!!!), 101 Dalmatians, Winnie the Pooh, The Lion King, Wall-E...

I think it depends on the whole themeing. Toy Story fits much better into the Studios than Winnie or the Lion King. These movies fit better into Disneyland Park and its atmosphere.
And - donĀ“t forget the different "generations". People who have our age know and like Winnie and Beauty and the beast... But the young children know and LOVE the younger movies - like TS. Proof is the success of Buzz at DL.
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]