Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PetiteSirene

You see people who cant control their kids are my pet peeve. They ruin it for everyone else. Guido and Luigi wouldnt have to have those ugly rails if people controlled their kids! If my child was climbing over it and refused to get off when I told them I would go over there and physically drag them off myself! I was always taught to be respectful and respect others and other peoples property. Its a shame these values seem non existant nowadays :(

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

dagobert

Quote from: "svenneke1"Still, if you place fences you'll always have people who will climb over it. *Points at Luigi and Guido at Cars Race Rally* I saw children climbing over the fence multiple times.

Once I told a child that he shouldn't climb over the fence, because I wanted to make a picture of Luigi. Suddenly his mother started shouting at me that this is not my business. If her child wants to climb, than he is allowed to climb. At least a CM came and told them not to climb over the fence. Then the woman got really furious and shouted at the CM. Stupid people.

penfold12

I agre with all the comments above, Bt would question how robust Rex was in the first place if he can get damaged to that degree after a week!!! He was either built as an "art piece" that is not looked at from afar, or something kids can interact with!

Adam

Some children will climb over a fence - however, it is a barrier and will stop the majority getting in. You could stick a sign next to it saying do not climb - but that probably won't work either!

What about sticking a photographer there and make it a meet and greet area as such? Make some money and also monitor Rex to prevent damage!

SwipatronSparks

this might sound like a strange question.... but what do the rides actually do...? from what i have seen the parachute drop  lifts you up then bobs you up and down a cupple of times before putting you back down again... is that all it does.... how fast does it go... and is it worth waiting in the queue for it.... from the video's etc that i have seen it looks really reallly boring...

the RC racer looks pretty cool....def my type of ride...

and slinky dog.... what about that, i have seen a video of it running.... but again it looks quite... slow...and boring...
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

PetiteSirene

from the reports I have read apparently Slinky Dog suprises you as it looks slow but apparently it feels really fast when your on it.

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia

SwipatronSparks

Quote from: "PetiteSirene"from the reports I have read apparently Slinky Dog suprises you as it looks slow but apparently it feels really fast when your on it.

hm... yeah i have read that as well.... guess i shall have to wait and see.... 5 months 6 days to go... XD
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019

upcoming trips....

PetiteSirene

I'll let you know for myself in 3 weeks Swipes ;)

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia

CafeFantasia

I was watching this video on YouTube, when Laurent Cayuela popped up with his synchronised arms. Does anyone know, did he actually have anything to do with the design of Toy Story Playland? Did he actually design or write anything for the area, or does he just show up to take credit for things designed in California?

[youtube:hv77zekb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag9Tuj9E9Pk[/youtube:hv77zekb]

RiverRogue

Quote from: "Alan"I was watching this video on YouTube, when Laurent Cayuela popped up with his synchronised arms. Does anyone know, did he actually have anything to do with the design of Toy Story Playland? Did he actually design or write anything for the area, or does he just show up to take credit for things designed in California?

I'd imagine that he wrote the French spiels and copy.

Apart from that, it's not so much a question of taking credit but of representing Imagineering in the French media... a TV station won't fly in someone from Glendale (or send a camera team over) for a short interview about a bunch of theme park attractions. If they don't have to dub or subtitle, all the better... So it's part of our local Imagineers' duties to show up on TV when needed.

DLP-Photos.com

Some interesting points from a small view of TSPL in danish television.

The reporter was in TSPL and interviewed a man named M. Wilson, who had been part of the planning team.

Question 1: Why build a playland themed to Toy Story?

"It seemed like the obvious choice, so it was actually an easy choice to make." (It did not sound like they had discussed other possibilities.)

Question 2: How long does it take to make a place like this?

"From the very first idea to now it has been just 27 months, which for us is very fast." (Maybe some more time and discussion about theme could have made an (even) better expansion)

Question 3: I have seen all the classical characters, but why can't I see Trixie? (The reporter is the danish voice for Trixie)

"Well, that is because you haven't looked good enough. She is in here some place." (Interesting fact - could there be several TS3 characters hidden around the land?)

Just wanted to share this and it was filmed in rain. I'm sorry to say it, but the colours do seem very dark in that kind of weather (the next 6-8 months in Europe)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Malin

QuoteThis was in my predictions when the concept Art came out, along with the correct prediction on long waits and break downs when I was told to wait and see.

Thats right and others including myself also shared similar concerns. What disappoints me is that a bunch of online Disney fans are able to point out these obvious flaws in the Toy Story Playland concept. Yet both the Management who signed this off and the Imagineers who designed the land could not see any of these issues coming. Which brings up the question does anyone in either Imagineering or over at EuroDisney S.C.A understand how to opperate a themepark. Did it not occur to either group that something should be addressed regarding Rex. Notice now that all these problems are becoming a reality, the TSPL fans are now rather silent.

If you look at the damage caused. It seems to be very large blow to poor Rex. Which question's if this was done by a kid or an adult clearly frustrated by how much this place sucks. If its the later I would love to know who this guy was, so I could buy him a pint.  ;) If it was done by kids, in a way I will not put to much blame on them here. The Rex prop looks like a giant toy dinosaur. The same sort of thing you would expect to find at a Mcdonald's Playland or some other kids play zone. With the area not being roped off, I could see why many would let they kids climb over him.

In a way this is kind of ironic to the story line for Toy Story 3. Where the toys move into a Day care centre and are surrounded by kids who don't know how to look after them.

QuoteBut it also looks like that Rex and I'm sure the other figures, too, are made of poor quality.

It does seem to be the case. The fact this has happened less than a week after opening does not fair well for the future of this land. Anyone want to volunteer to do an upkeep check on this place after the first Anniversary.

Disneydavid

For those who want to know, i just uploaded 2 new MP3 episodes. Worth listening , the first one , Toy Story - The Tour , is online now!

Toy Story Playland is a great land but I am really disapointed about Mr Potatohead... I mean , if they put him into the land , the merchendise could make it role more ofter! Does anyone knows when its gets dark in the afternoon?
I would love to see it :D

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

PetiteSirene

Quote from: "Malin"Notice now that all these problems are becoming a reality, the TSPL fans are now rather silent.

I haven't been silent and its not like I hate the land :p :lol:

You have to ask yourself however whether the fact that Rex is in a bad state is actually Disney's fault. I saw some things in my trip to WDW that also looked rather flimsy without barriers... However they were in perfect condition. The reason? Because the parents werent letting their kids climb over everything in sight.

The state of Rex is not a sign of Disney being 'cheap' its a poor sign that children nowadays are allowed to do what ever they want and get away with it. I can bet that even if Rex was made of something stronger some punk kid would still have managed to break him. Should we blame Disney for not building an indestructable Rex? No we should blame the parents who let their kids do anything they want and spoil it for everyone else  :evil:  /rant off

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia

SwipatronSparks

i wish i could be as pationate about this as you lot are... but i think until i have been there and actually witnessed this new part of the studios i will probably remain indifferent, and probably continue to think that the new rides bar RC racer look mind nummingly boring compared to other rides around the park...

upcoming trips....