Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smurfy74

great news for AP holders - a fab early entry offer

"Privatisation de Toy Story Playland spécial Passeport Annuel du 25 août au 17 septembre 2010de 8h30 à 9h30, pour tous les Passeports Annuel et 2 accompagnants! "

whoopee - early entry for me

davewasbaloo

Where did you see that Smufy? I had heard rumours but that is the closest to confirmation. We shall make use of that.
since 2001 (many before that)

Festival Disney

Poor Rex has lasted less than a week :(

It seems barriers will be the obvious cure for this loutish behaviour  :evil:

A great article about TSPL's first week and the source: http://www.disneygazette.fr/bilan-week- ... s-417.html
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

PetiteSirene

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Where did you see that Smufy? I had heard rumours but that is the closest to confirmation. We shall make use of that.

It was in Envie+ and I believe it is also on the website (At least thats what I gathered when he rang me :lol:)

I cant believe Rex is already broken!  :evil:  They really need to start putting their foot down and telling parents to control their kids! Thats vandalism!

And I'm sorry but using the excuse 'you get tired of it after x amount of hours' is not a valid excuse. I've been with young kids and they didnt climb over everything because they knew if they did and didnt listen they would get punished for it!

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Festival Disney"Poor Rex has lasted less than a week :(

A great article about TSPL's first week and the source: http://www.disneygazette.fr/bilan-week- ... s-417.html

This was in my predictions when the concept Art came out, along with the correct prediction on long waits and break downs when I was told to wait and see.  :(

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "PetiteSirene"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Where did you see that Smufy? I had heard rumours but that is the closest to confirmation. We shall make use of that.

It was in Envie+ and I believe it is also on the website (At least thats what I gathered when he rang me :lol:)

Cool, thanks. I will check it out, it wasn't there the other day.

dagobert

Rex lasted really long.

Stupid guests! Everything has to be fenced off. But it also looks like that Rex and I'm sure the other figures, too, are made of poor quality.

RockNRoller

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"

This was in my predictions when the concept Art came out, along with the correct prediction on long waits and break downs when I was told to wait and see.  :(

You predicted long waits, rides breaking down and vandalism/damage ! You dont have this weeks lottery numbers do you  :-"  (Sorry couldn't resist)
Seriously as a "fan" of this area Im sad to see your predictions coming true and whilst I can accept that no amount of stress test can prepare a ride for the numbers that TSPL has seen so breakdowns may happen and that the high level of interest is creating the wait times I really cant rationalise why anyone would do that to Rex. It looks like a maintenance panel of some sort so Im hoping they have a spare (betting they wont) and that whoever did that was caught.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

dagobert

Alain Littaye from disneyandmore took some pictures of TSPL last weekend. He also took a picture that shows children climbing on Rex.

Take a look:
http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2010/ ... after.html

I'm sure the figures will be fenced off soon! Hopefully, because I don't want to see broken figures. It is really sad that people behave like that and that everything has to be protected from them. I know that children like climbing on their favorite characters, but it is up to their parents to prevent them from destryoing things.

davewasbaloo

RnRC - you don;t have to be so snidy. My point is if you go back through the origins of this thread, my predictions have come to pass. As a professional Programme Manager, that is my job, to think ahead. And Disney have nearly 60 years of experience of doing this, and 18 years of knowing what animals visit DLP. This should not have happened, and especially so soon.

johnd331

Poor Rex...

But if you position a big, well known TOY in an area called TOY Story PLAYLAND in a corner on a road accessible to anybody, without any kind of fencing, it is quite naturally children start playing around with it...

This damage obviously wasn't from "normal playing", although if I look at the thin sheets of plastic or probably fiberglass it is made of, I doubt this whole thing was made to last for much endurance.

If you don't want your probs getting used by little children in a PLAYLAND, you need to put fences around it. Fences are clear an can be enforced: you don't go behind there...

RockNRoller

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"RnRC - you don;t have to be so snidy. My point is if you go back through the origins of this thread, my predictions have come to pass. As a professional Programme Manager, that is my job, to think ahead. And Disney have nearly 60 years of experience of doing this, and 18 years of knowing what animals visit DLP. This should not have happened, and especially so soon.
Sorry wasnt going for snidy was going for humour, no offense intended
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

pussinboots

Quote from: "johnd331"This damage obviously wasn't from "normal playing", although if I look at the thin sheets of plastic or probably fiberglass it is made of, I doubt this whole thing was made to last for much endurance.

The damaged piece is obviously the grill cover of a loudspeaker; the rest of Rex (and pretty much everything else in the land) is hopefully not quite this fragile.

dagobert

They should put Rex on a platform, like they did with Buzz, so that people can't reach him.

svenneke1

Still, if you place fences you'll always have people who will climb over it. *Points at Luigi and Guido at Cars Race Rally* I saw children climbing over the fence multiple times.