Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

Quote from: "Anthony"More cables/parachutes appear to be in place: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrsmcdrew/ ... 573234640/

Won't you be able to see loads of backstage areas like the back of the Toon Town photolocation from up there? How's that going to be solved?

Oooh, I know the answer to that one!! ..... It probably won't be solved at all and just left how it is.....

tubbsy

Ok. As we're seriously now thinking either Halloween or Christmas for our next trip I was trying to show DD Elizabeth Swan,-now 15 will be 16 next visit) what is new since our last visit (And thats quite a  bit-Tot was being built last time we went!)
Please remember this was just chat between Mum and daughter whilst showing her info on here last night. We dont understand everything about Disney like you guys do,  and we love everything about Disney-we've only been 4 times,so please bear with....I am new back and she was never very active.
 I hope I'm not opening a rotten can of worms here.
I am sure I remember seeing concept art of how they imagineers wanted TSP to look when completed. Now I have tried to read through the whole thread-so I was able to show Steph how its all been coming along, but cant find the concept art.... did I imagine it?

Her opinion was the orange of the half pipe is a bit harsh on the eyes, but she can see where the imagineers are coming from-RC as a Hot wheels car-what other colour could they have done it?-Although I know many of you would have preferred it hadnt been done at all. Dont think we'll be riding it! I cant ride the little one at Legoland
Parachute Drop-Nice-looks like its gonna be fun-again, what other colour could they do it?
Slinky dog-Cool!
Overall. More rides! More people wanting to come to Disney...... Any idea on theming yet? I tried to explain to Steph about trees that look like long grass (from what I remember of concept art) but I might be wrong....
Now we havent been since Hollywood Boulevard opened so we always felt Studios was lacking in themeing-a bit ..... disjointed..... Did Hollywood Boulevard and Tot make such an impact?

Sorry for being such a newbie and not getting it. :roll:  :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

smurfy74

here you go tubbsy

//http://www.photosmagiques.com/wdsfans/news/news.php#newsitemEkyZpEuyFVEWaiNKjd

ps i quite like the concept art, but shhhh dont tell anyone

tubbsy

Thanks Smurfy-I wont tell  :wink: ..... I like it too! :-#

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

DopeyDad

he he, now where's that can? aah yes, I think it was marked 'not everyone furious about TSPL'. If you listen carefully you can hear the teeth grinding.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "tubbsy"Did Hollywood Boulevard and Tot make such an impact?

Tubbsy, I think you will be very pleasantly surprised. Hollywood Bvd and ToT has had a huge positive impact (as has Stitch Live, and for the little ones, Playhouse Disney Live). I think that is what has made this even harder to swallow. There was a hge glimmer of hope that WDSP was moving in the right direction, until this could be built anywhere carnival stuff came along.

But don't apologize, I have to realise Disney sold it's soul, is no longer the quality company many have adored for a lifetime, and the masses eat this stuff up. So just as I hate soap operas, reality tv, and football, so too, modern Disney is close to joining the list, and I am close to wanting to spend our next vacation in May enjoying our villa and non Disney experiences except on my daughter's birthday.
since 2001 (many before that)

tubbsy

See, now I felt like this when Studios originally opened. I thought what a shame, all that money and this is what we get. June 2002 we were in there 2 hours max-last time it was a whole day and we went back and repeated things over following days-even without the ToT and new theming. Oh and when they kept producing the 2 series of DVDs-Little Mermaid 2, Jungle Book 2. I thought its not the Disney I know, but they came round again. So fingers crossed they'll win you back somehow :)
Ah well.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

giorgio1712

dopeydad I agree with everything you have said in this topic which annoys me more and more every day, I used to come on this forum often but this thread just makes me stay away. Elitist fans looking down their noses at 'noobs' who dont understand the disney magic, give me a break. This place used to quite nice and pleasant and everyone tried to keep it that way, now its just gone the way of every other forum with pointless arguments and 1000000 post elitists, yer thats you davewasbaloo.

smurfy74

happy thoughts happy thoughts - im all packed ( sort of ) ready for tomorrow. Im looking forward to see how far TSPL has come along since my last visit in November.

QTXAdsy

Quote from: "giorgio1712"dopeydad I agree with everything you have said in this topic which annoys me more and more every day, I used to come on this forum often but this thread just makes me stay away. Elitist fans looking down their noses at 'noobs' who dont understand the disney magic, give me a break. This place used to quite nice and pleasant and everyone tried to keep it that way, now its just gone the way of every other forum with pointless arguments and 1000000 post elitists, yer thats you davewasbaloo.

Couldn't agree more. Had enough of all this nonsense my self and it seems that this forum is no longer a happy ship, it's now explosive time bombs waiting to go off at the sight of a new TSPL picture. Shame it has to come to this. :-({|=

Here Come The Belgians!

Anthony

Maybe if everyone just discussed Toy Story Playland itself and not the discussion of it, then this could be quite an interesting topic. Although I notice my question about the Parachute Drop looking into backstage got precisely 1 reply before this all began again, so I don't blame anyone for not trying.

Kristof

For those who care, I've posted this on the WDSfans twitter 2 days ago:

QuoteEach Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop ride vehicle will feature 2 rows (back to back), unlike Jumpin' Jellyfish at DCA and TDS.

I got told that's why there's only one Tower instead of 2.  They doubled the capacity of one tower.  Same thing happened with RC Racer, Imagineers increased the number of guests in one RC, instead of having 2 tracks.

Now let's keep Anthony's words in mind when continuing this discussion.

johnd331

QuoteWon't you be able to see loads of backstage areas like the back of the Toon Town photolocation from up there? How's that going to be solved?

I was thinking the same questions, the location seems to be quite unfortunate... The backstage area of the photolocation might be somewhat hidden behind the costuming building, but you will get a nice view off the rooftops of all those buildings around there and probably also a glympse out of the park and maybe even some backstage areas of the Disneyland park like the Phantom Manor showbuilding.

What could you do to solve that? Only some big trees would do it, if they still have the place for them. But hey, wasn't the concept of the park "Behind the magic?", so it's easily solved then, isn't it? :)

tubbsy

Quote from: "johnd331"
QuoteWon't you be able to see loads of backstage areas like the back of the Toon Town photolocation from up there? How's that going to be solved?

What could you do to solve that? Only some big trees would do it, if they still have the place for them. But hey, wasn't the concept of the park "Behind the magic?", so it's easily solved then, isn't it? :)

:lol: You might even find me riding it so I can have a sneak peak! And it would be a sneak peak as I quickly open my eyes to a squint to look!

Kristoff-sorry I'm being a bit simple here. If riders are going to be sat back to back does it mean people end up looking at the pole or will the seats be at an angle/90' to it?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

giorgio1712

Yay back on topic good times!