Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JelleP

Well, it looks much better than I expected!
The colours fit actually rather well, and the HotWheels-theming will make it even better in my opinion. So I'v got some of my positive thoughts about TSPL back...  :roll:
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Martyn

Quote from: "Magic M"
Quote from: "Willow"Halfpipe track is being installed:

http://twitpic.com/14bygp (From WDSFans/thebatman_1)

It looks like Intamin track, but the support structure looks different from normal Intamin Halfpipes.

I've got to say that looks FREAKING STEEP!!  I've been on a similar disc-o-coaster at Paulton's Park in the South of England and it was nowhere near as vertical as that!  On first impressions RC Racer is going to be a full on thrill attraction - and actually looks TOO SCARY for kids!

YES! Some of you may call me silly for saying this, but I am so chuffed its an Intamin instead of that Zamperla rubbish!

They're vertical, they free fall and its going to be around 100ft tall, this will be thrilling! This has made my day.

There's us all thinking we're getting one of these:

When we're actually getting one of these:

Whilst its still not a fantastic Disney attraction, it is now a hell of a lot better than it was this morning ;)

Anthony

Thanks for the great pictures mehdi5!

Quote from: "Martyn"There's us all thinking we're getting one of these:
We pretty much know what we're getting from the concept art and model, it's very accurate: http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guidebook/walt ... ery_02.jpg

dagobert

Thanks for the pictures. This thing is really huge. Still not a fan of TSPL.

littlemermaid83

The half pipe ride actually looks kinda fun if you was visiting thorpe park or something lol.

It is erm very high though  :shock:
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

RnRCj

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"The half pipe ride actually looks kinda fun if you was visiting thorpe park or something lol.
Exactly, this is the sort of ride I would expect to see if I went to Thorpe Park. No matter how fun it is (and I am sure it will be), it's never going to be worthy of a Disney park.

Personally I think a smaller DiskO ride would have been better (though still not great) since it's more suitable for families and not so ridiculously huge and ugly.

dagobert

Totally agree with you RnRCj. Definately not worth for a Disney park. Instead of three rides they should have built one ride with a great theming.

Martyn

I know what you're saying, but wait until they've themed it first.

It was mentioned a while back that a quite a few of you were surprised at how well Cars Race Rally turned out, so lets give them the benefit of the doubt.

netjack

Quote"Back then I had a budget of a few thousand pounds to juggle, whereas now I'm responsible for the opening of a €70 million [£60 million] attraction — Toy Story Playland."
Source: http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/b ... 021125.ece

70 Million Euros for THIS? Holy CRAP!!! WTF?!

What did they spent all the money on?!!!!

dagobert

70 million euros for TSPL????? OMG!!With that amount of money Disney could nearly build a dark ride.

TimmyTimmyTimmy

WDS is and will always be one mess of a park. It is a shame to see cheap stuff like the Toy Story rides in any Disney park.

Disneydavid

Hmm , it doesnt fit there anyway. I think that the studios is a park with unique rides... i mean , you would find a tower of terror somewhere else , as well as armageddon (what a heck of a ride is that anyway?!?) and now a slow droptower and a halfpipe. I hope that Ratatouille is gonna make it some better! :roll:

Since when is TSPL located in the Disneyland Park?!?

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

luke85

Finally some HQ concept art! Courtesy of WDSfans.com

Link: http://www.photosmagiques.com/wdsfans/n ... ighres.jpg

If we get everything that's in this concept art, then I think the themeing of this area will be it's saving grace.

Disneydavid

Looks awsome on high quality!

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

TimmyTimmyTimmy

DisneySEA looks awesome... not WDS

Walt is spinning