Mickey's Magical Party (until 7th March 2010)

Started by Kristof, July 17, 2008, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

casschr05

Quote from: "zanderstarz"
Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"wow, thanks for trusting me you guys!!  :twisted:

yes, you should all be ashamed for not trusting our words of wisdom!

so sorry guys!!!
it wasn't that I didn't believe you we didn't wanna get fooled by it (April fools tomorrow!) and in the past a lot of things popped up the night before and on April 1st that turned out fake!!!
(not nessercarily here but on other forums) and they seemed real as well!

So I am sorry about the not trusting :(

I wander if the 3 mickey toppers will follow?

Kristof

From Ursula on Disney Central Plaza...

swity

Well, I still won't believe it until tomorrow  :P

Still think it's only a joke but if it's not it would be the best thing they could have done!
 [-o<

peterpanfan1953

I am very glad it is gone.  The Mickey swirl toppers aren't so bad... but that thing was horrid.
\":peter:\"All it takes is faith, trust, and pixie dust

Kris

That's great news, but only temporary. The base is still there so they're obviously just repainting it to match the real gold shades or something. A friend suggested having it on the MS Railroad Station instead, as a welcome to the park. Would much prefer it there if anywhere at all
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Magicalmouse125

Finally it's gone :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/

It better not come back, or i'll go up to Disneyland and rip it back off. :twisted:

Still would'nt mind if it was on Main street station.

Lets hope the Mickey curly wurlys are next :twisted:
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

Kristof

Quote from: "Willow"The press launch looked epic, is Kristof there so we may get a full video of it all?

Looked like one the best launch's I've seen.

It took me a few days, but here it is!!  :mrgreen:

http://blip.tv/file/1944512

MagicStar

My parents just came back from their 4day-trip and showed me a few pics.
The sign is really missing.
No April-Fool  :D
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

Kristof

Uploaded the opening show video to Google Video as well.  (It's 40 seconds too long for Dailymotion...)

Enjoy!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 5917035185

Willow

Thanks for the video!

A lot of money was definately spent on the launch, a little too much in my opinion.

The show has so much going on the lazers, the lights, the smoke, the projections and I think they make or break the show. Unfortunately the real version will have very little of these effects.
Once again the performers are fantastic, a lot of energy from them. The stage will look very empty if there were only a few performers.

There are so many really good ideas in the show; the platforms, the new stage, the dancing.
The same with the Stitch show, there are good ideas but the final result seems lacking.

This isn't down to the performers, I don't want it to seem like I'm saying its their fault when I say the shows are lacking.

Anthony

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"The Castle plaque for Mickey's Magical Party that appeared last week covering the Stained Glass window - has been REMOVED!
Quote from: "luke85"My faith in humanity has been restored  :D
I'm screaming inside with joy. Edit: Maybe a little over the top... I just can't believe it.

Of course, there's a chance they only read what we said about it needing to be a little higher, to fully cover the window, and they're adjusting it accordingly.  :lol:

Thanks to Kristof for the opening videos. It looks fantastic in pictures, huge cast and lots of colour. The Castle is completely irrelevant behind it all, but it's a bigger spectacle than I expected. Great fireworks. The show itself seemed to drag on a bit though... MMP is far from an awful follow up to the 15th (at least now the Castle has been given a reprieve), but I wish the shows (Stars 'n' Cars included) were a little more condensed. But maybe I was alone in enjoying the short and snappy 9/10-minute Candleabration.

Magicalmouse125

Despite everything i may have said in the past, it's not that bad of a show. In fact i quite enjoyed it. I love all the pyro technics and smoke and lasers and fireworks. It does look like a show i might enjoy.

The dancers are full of life and the characters are great, what i also loved were the projections on the castle and the subtle changes to kinnie's costume as well as loads of characters dancing on central plaza.

Unforunatly i bet not even half of those things will still be there when disney fans who see this video will go. Dissapointing! :(
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

jennytablina

In all fairness a slightly better-than-the-real thing show is normally used for press events.

Plus not that many people will see this particular footage: I mean...far as I am aware DLRP doesnt have promo "Travel Guide" DVD's like Disneyland and WDW get every year and thus there isnt much video of the park about bar online. Plus the entire Mickey show would likely be condensed to a bunch of random clips set to 10 second snipped dubover of "Mickeys Magical Party" time. So potential park visitors get a feel for the show but not actually see the whole thing.
Going back to Join Mickeys Party! ]

Previous Disney trips:
WDW: 98, 99, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008
DLP: 2005 (Surprise 16th Birthday trip!)

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Magicalmouse125"Finally it's gone :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/

It better not come back, or i'll go up to Disneyland and rip it back off. :twisted:

Then you better start planning how you're going to do it, becuase...it went back up last night! Along with more Mickey spires for the castle!!

It was only down for maintenance  :(
~ just like we dreamed it ~

RnRCj

Quote from: "zanderstarz"Then you better start planning how you're going to do it, becuase...it went back up last night! Along with more Mickey spires for the castle!!

It was only down for maintenance  :(
:evil:

Not happy at all. This is all a complete waste of money.

If anyone has photos the 'new' castle - please put them in spoiler tags so I don't have to look at them!