Bastille Day 2008

Started by davewasbaloo, July 15, 2008, 01:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maarten

Thanks Raptor and Sean for the videos! It seems like I may have stood just in front of you Sean! The fireworks were trully impressive in person, but its quite impressive in your videos aswell. Disney definately did a great job on the Bastille Fireworks, just as they have done with the Enchanted Fireworks by the way. This pyro company they are woking with now is definately an improvement!  :)

seanmartina

your welcome Maarten the high def video makes a big difference, i had to recode the video right down so more people can see them, the new pyro company def make a big big difference, but i still really liked wishes more than enchanted, probably because that was my first disney fireworks.

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "seanmartina"Ive uploaded a High Def video of the Bastille day fireworks, ive made the file as small as possible but a broadband connection is ideal, also pause the video until it downloads a bit first ( would allow all video to download then watch.. you wont be disapointed )

//http://www.vimeo.com/1355000
make sure the HD option is ON on the right hand side of the video
:hello:

Now I really enjoyed that, thanx for sharing. I think my hols next year will have to include the 14th [-o<  because at the moment I am really :mrgreen:

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"
Wooaaahhh!!!! They came out INCREDIBLE!! :mrgreen:

The day was calm and the fireworks were amazing. Can't recommend Bastille Day at DLRP enough.

Nicholas-c

sorry to be a noob but.. what is Bastille Day ? :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

AmericanMouse

Quote from: "Nicholas-c""Sorry to be a noob but.. what is Bastille Day?" :P

Readers' Digest Condensed Version: It was on July 14, 1789 that Marie Antoinette told the people of France to "Let them eat cake", so the people of France stormed La Bastille, a prison and released a lot of prisoners, so then they decided to get Marie Antoinette and her hubby, Louis XVII...and shorten their bodies.

-breeno-

Yeah Bastille Day is a french holiday, i'd say it's like St George's day in england, St Patrick's in ireland etc...

I'm quite annoyed now we didn't stay for the fireworks now, i thought they were just the normal summer ones :P  In matter of fact the only think i saw in DLRP during Bastille Day was a stand with french flags etc in Fuente del Oro Restaurante :lol:
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

seanmartina

you really missed a great show, very impressive so wonderful,

//http://www.vimeo.com/1355000 video fireworks

Maarten

Quote from: "AmericanMouse"
Quote from: "Nicholas-c""Sorry to be a noob but.. what is Bastille Day?" :P

Readers' Digest Condensed Version: It was on July 14, 1789 that Marie Antoinette told the people of France to "Let them eat cake", so the people of France stormed La Bastille, a prison and released a lot of prisoners, so then they decided to get Marie Antoinette and her hubby, Louis XVII...and shorten their bodies.

A bit off-topic, I know...

Technically, Marie-Antionette probably never said "Let them eat cake". That was just a gossip from the anti-monarchists to get people on their side. In fact, about hundred years before Marie-Antionette, the queen consort of Louis XIV (the Sun King) Maria Theresa of Spain has been recorded to have said the exact same sentence, according to rumours at the time.

By the way, the Bastille prison in Paris was a symbol of the absolute regime of the French kings at the time, since they locked up their political enemies overthere. However, long before the French Revolution even began the prison became a normal prison where murderers, thieves etc were locked up. The storming of the Bastille on the 14th of July 1789 is more of a symbolic start of the French Revolution then anything else. Louis XVI and Marie-Antionette were both executed in 1793.

This was my history lesson for today...  :P

Anthony

Here's another video of the fireworks:

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/video/entertai ... orks-2008/

Being a tourist, I actually really love the music. What surprised me about the day though was that no-one was being very patriotic or celebratory about it, it was very much "stand here, see the fireworks, go "wow", leave". I think I only saw one tiny French flag... Not even a "Vive la France!". :P

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"Here's another video of the fireworks...

I've spot myself in the crowds haha...  :lol:

seanmartina

I can also see my self, im directly in the center holding a monopod lololol.... here i was so close to you Baloo i could have waved lol...