Future Project Rumours

Started by Kristof, July 08, 2008, 01:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

david

wouldn't every park having the same rides mean that paris could get splash and indiana jones?

The Butlin Boy

Philippe Gas has hinted to the french media that an E ticket attraction is being planned for the 20th anniversary of the resort in 2012 :)

Below is a rough translation taken from the TF1 website:

QuoteLCI.fr: Be re-examined with the fall your investments? You already devoted 240 million euros to new attractions in 3 years...

P.G.: These attractions are the key of what is Disney: creation, the innovation, capacity to make dream people. We must continue to fill with wonder and we are already thinking of our next phase of expansion. Beyond great attractions like the Tower of terror, which are icons, it there a whole creative work on the entertainment, the parades, shows, the way in which one makes live in front of the visitors the history that one told them being child. It is necessary to play on both.

LCI.fr: That is less expensive than new attractions... Would Disneyland still have the means of launching, in 2010 for example, an attraction as imposing as Space Mountain?

P.G.: That takes a little time to build this kind of attractions! At least three years... Forget 2010 but say you that in 2012, it is the twentieth birthday of Eurodisney. There are already projects and even plans but it is too early to speak about it...

Here's the original article (in french):
 :arrow: http://tf1.lci.fr/infos/economie/entrep ... ante-.html

:mrgreen:

luke85

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Philippe Gas has hinted to the french media that an E ticket attraction is being planned for the 20th anniversary of the resort in 2012 :)

Below is a rough translation taken from the TF1 website:

QuoteLCI.fr: Be re-examined with the fall your investments? You already devoted 240 million euros to new attractions in 3 years...

P.G.: These attractions are the key of what is Disney: creation, the innovation, capacity to make dream people. We must continue to fill with wonder and we are already thinking of our next phase of expansion. Beyond great attractions like the Tower of terror, which are icons, it there a whole creative work on the entertainment, the parades, shows, the way in which one makes live in front of the visitors the history that one told them being child. It is necessary to play on both.

LCI.fr: That is less expensive than new attractions... Would Disneyland still have the means of launching, in 2010 for example, an attraction as imposing as Space Mountain?

P.G.: That takes a little time to build this kind of attractions! At least three years... Forget 2010 but say you that in 2012, it is the twentieth birthday of Eurodisney. There are already projects and even plans but it is too early to speak about it...

Here's the original article (in french):
 :arrow: http://tf1.lci.fr/infos/economie/entrep ... ante-.html

:mrgreen:
Thanks for posting ButlinBoy! I love little nuggets of information like this, to keep us guessing before any sort of announcement! If PG says that it takes roughly 3 years to build a big E-ticket, then surely there should be some sort of announcement fairly soon if the attraction was to be built for the 20th anniversary?

Willow

By 3 years he probably means from concept to reality.

We won't hear any official announcement until groundwork begins, and then we still may not get anything official until well after that. (Look at Toy Story Playland, construction has begun but still nothing official)

Any announcement (at the very earliest) will be towards the end of next year.

Nala_84

That really gets me curious :)!

But wasn't there also a rumour for the Little Mermaid E-ticket in 2010, could it be this?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Gareth

I cant wait to see what they in plan for the 20th the 15th was amazing i hope tsere is somthing a lot like the scale ToT and crushes coaster i would love a monster inc ride or ratatoulie like rumored

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

smurfy74

ive just got back and got some interesting news from a cast member in a bar - we will see 3 - 4 new attractions in time for 2012 and yes one will be a water ride ( let you guess which one ), i wonder if my source is reliable  :?

-breeno-

Quote from: "smurfy74"ive just got back and got some interesting news from a cast member in a bar - we will see 3 - 4 new attractions in time for 2012 and yes one will be a water ride ( let you guess which one ), i wonder if my source is reliable  :?

Toy Story Playland?  Just a thought.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Willow

Quote from: "smurfy74"ive just got back and got some interesting news from a cast member in a bar - we will see 3 - 4 new attractions in time for 2012 and yes one will be a water ride ( let you guess which one ), i wonder if my source is reliable  :?

No offence, but take whatever CM's say with a large pinch of salt.

Its not impossible (especially as Toy Story Playland is 3 attractions ;)) but CM's are known for starting rumours.

smurfy74

he said it was on top of toy story playland, another interesting thing he mentioned was that the hotel discounts for dream passes was going - i checked in my paperwork and it says offer expires in november so i will have to wait and see.

Kristof

Quotehe said it was on top of toy story playland, another interesting thing he mentioned was that the hotel discounts for dream passes was going - i checked in my paperwork and it says offer expires in november so i will have to wait and see.

Considering they have troubles filling up the hotels already, I highly doubt the AP discounts will be dropped.  But I'll check with my source who's directly involved with offers and such.  :wink:

Owain

Quote from: "Kristof"Considering they have troubles filling up the hotels already, I highly doubt the AP discounts will be dropped.  But I'll check with my source who's directly involved with offers and such.  :wink:

Ahhhh  :cry:, there still having trouble filling the hotels up ?
The hotels are so good, why cant they do it  :idea:

Nala_84

Aww smurfy, I hope your source ist reliable, I'm so much waiting for a water ride to come to DLP :)!

They have problems filling up the hotels? In Germany, it is (or at least was throughout the last years) no big price difference between a (2-star) Disney Hotel and the (3-4-star) selected hotels, although the lower Disney hotels only have 2 stars, I would always prefer staying there because you have the "Disney feeling", you're closer to the parks etc... But I also think that they should improve quality, otherwise people don't see any advantages in going to DLP...
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Mrs. Jennes

I wonder where you heard all the rumours! but i really hope that some of them become true.
Splash mountain would be fantastic, because a waterride is what disneyland needs. But what will happen to it when it's winter? do you think it'll be closed?

A dream comes true the 10th Time in March \'10

Owain

Quote from: "Mrs. Jennes"I wonder where you heard all the rumours! but i really hope that some of them become true.
Splash mountain would be fantastic, because a waterride is what disneyland needs. But what will happen to it when it's winter? do you think it'll be closed?

This question has been asked so many time and the simple answer is there is a simple mechanism in the ride that can be switched to let the ride get people wet or not wet.

Splash mountain and the How it would work in winter have been deeply discussed in this topic  :)

//http://www.photosmagiques.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1058