Stars from hit animation Cars at British Motor Show

Started by Owain, July 04, 2008, 08:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

From Msn Cars;

QuoteLightening McQueen and friends from the hit film Cars are making their UK debut this summer as they tour the country and give fans a chance to see the life-size versions for the first time.

During July and August, the characters Lightening McQueen, Sally and Mater will make their first ever appearance in the UK on board Mack the Truck. Fans will get the chance to meet them at six different locations across the country.

From July 23 to August 3 the characters will be at The British International Motor Show at London's ExCeL. The fans get an exclusive 'first see' opportunity to try out the brand new 'Walkin' 'Talkin' Lightening McQueen toy before it hits stores later this year.

The experience also includes a chance to pose for pictures with the films favourite characters, the possibility of winning Cars goodie bags, face painting and testing skills, playing with video gaming pods.

Other tour dates include:
Manchester: Woolworths, 4August
Oldbury: Toys R Us, 5 August
Bristol: Woolworths, 6-7 August
Reading: Toys R Us, 8 August
Brent Cross: Toys R Us, 9-10 August
At each location visitors will enjoy high octane Cars fun, including photo opportunities, face painting and competitions.

Lightening McQueen is custom-built with a fibreglass body on a 1978 Trans Am chassis. Sally is a customised 2002 Porsche 911. Mater is also a custom-built vehicle built on a Chevy dually pickup chassis and Mack the Truck is a 1985 Mack super-liner.

The cars have been on display in museums around the world including Los Angeles and Australia but this is the first time they have arrived in England. The tour will continue across Europe, visiting Germany, Spain, Austria, Italy, Belgium, The Netherlands, France and Switzerland.

Cars is a Golden Globes winning film and has a wide range of character-based products which have proved a huge hit with fans. A brand new Disney/Pixar Cars magazine and a highly collectible range of mini-sized Cars toys launched in spring will also see exciting introductions to award-winning product lines. To find out more details about the tour, visit www.disney.co.uk and www.britishmotorshow.co.uk

This sounds amazing but no cardiff :(

source; //http://cars.uk.msn.com/britishmotorshow2008/article.aspx?cp-documentid=8778610

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Owain"From Msn Cars;

QuoteLightening McQueen and friends from the hit film Cars are making their UK debut this summer as they tour the country and give fans a chance to see the life-size versions for the first time.

During July and August, the characters Lightening McQueen, Sally and Mater will make their first ever appearance in the UK on board Mack the Truck. Fans will get the chance to meet them at six different locations across the country.

From July 23 to August 3 the characters will be at The British International Motor Show at London's ExCeL. The fans get an exclusive 'first see' opportunity to try out the brand new 'Walkin' 'Talkin' Lightening McQueen toy before it hits stores later this year.

The experience also includes a chance to pose for pictures with the films favourite characters, the possibility of winning Cars goodie bags, face painting and testing skills, playing with video gaming pods.

Other tour dates include:
Manchester: Woolworths, 4August
Oldbury: Toys R Us, 5 August
Bristol: Woolworths, 6-7 August
Reading: Toys R Us, 8 August
Brent Cross: Toys R Us, 9-10 August
At each location visitors will enjoy high octane Cars fun, including photo opportunities, face painting and competitions.

Lightening McQueen is custom-built with a fibreglass body on a 1978 Trans Am chassis. Sally is a customised 2002 Porsche 911. Mater is also a custom-built vehicle built on a Chevy dually pickup chassis and Mack the Truck is a 1985 Mack super-liner.

The cars have been on display in museums around the world including Los Angeles and Australia but this is the first time they have arrived in England. The tour will continue across Europe, visiting Germany, Spain, Austria, Italy, Belgium, The Netherlands, France and Switzerland.

Cars is a Golden Globes winning film and has a wide range of character-based products which have proved a huge hit with fans. A brand new Disney/Pixar Cars magazine and a highly collectible range of mini-sized Cars toys launched in spring will also see exciting introductions to award-winning product lines. To find out more details about the tour, visit http://www.disney.co.uk and http://www.britishmotorshow.co.uk

This sounds amazing but no cardiff :(

source; //http://cars.uk.msn.com/britishmotorshow2008/article.aspx?cp-documentid=8778610

No dates outside England then... Real Shame, as you said Owain No Cardiff.

The Problem with Bristol is that it has 3 Woolworths (That I could find) and one of them is in a pokey little corner on a street, another is in the Mall Galleries and known by a majority of the boys I worked with 'The Big W' is on a retail park so where exactly is it? And the same probably goes for the other locations

Anthony

Wow, the Sally car! And a real-life Mack truck?!

Hehe Captain Pan, it's even more confusing here. Manchester is about the only town or city in the entire country not to have a Woolworths. Maybe it's somewhere on the outskirts, I think there's a former Big W somewhere.

And great news for other magicforum members:
QuoteThe tour will continue across Europe, visiting Germany, Spain, Austria, Italy, Belgium, The Netherlands, France and Switzerland.
I guess this tour is to make sure the cash continues to flow in from all that Cars merchandise?

peep

Thats a cool way to promote a new toy.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Baloo"Wow, the Sally car! And a real-life Mack truck?!

Hehe Captain Pan, it's even more confusing here. Manchester is about the only town or city in the entire country not to have a Woolworths. Maybe it's somewhere on the outskirts, I think there's a former Big W somewhere.

And great news for other magicforum members:
QuoteThe tour will continue across Europe, visiting Germany, Spain, Austria, Italy, Belgium, The Netherlands, France and Switzerland.
I guess this tour is to make sure the cash continues to flow in from all that Cars merchandise?

Will the tour continue Until 2012 then?
When Pixar flood the Market with Cars 2 and the new 'International Cars' that Lightning and Mater Find as they Take thier Passports around...

I wonder if the Briitsh version will still include Jeremy Clarkson as Harv (The World's Greatest Agent) or throw in Captain Slow or the Hamster (I'm wanting the Hamster) But thats for another topic and another time.

I overlooked the Mack Truck... That sound if its going to be really cool! Just want a Red now and I'll be happy... Perhaps these could find themselves in the Studios Parade come time in 2009... (oh would that be a wish to many)
How come Manchester Don't have a Woolies? I thought they had at least one in every city and town...