Narnia attraction to replace Armageddon?

Started by Kristof, June 13, 2008, 01:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "never2old"They should then leave Armageddon until they have the budget for the bigger attraction...

If they have the Narnia props and stuff, maybe then should add them to the Studio Tram Tour?

Agreed. Armageddon is one of my preferred attractions in the whole resort - honsetly!!!! I love it. The walk throughs at DHS are a waste of space, and there added extra is usually a walk around character. This is HORRIBLE.  I hope it does not happen.

Believe you me, unless WDI do something really special, it will be as boring as the old Disney Channel attraction.  DLP would be really stupid to do this.  Totally.

Add a section to the tram tour, or build a new exit and structure next to Cafe de Cascadeurs - meaning that the trams arrive into the boarding station empty and the tram tour is then quicker to load.

I love the pyro on Armageddon, and Catastrophe Canyon. These are the attractions that give the place a Universal Studios type vibe.
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

Or with a little luck, maybe the Narnia exibit could go into the new building behind animation.
since 2001 (many before that)

Nala_84

Oh nooo, not Armageddon!! I loved this attraction, although it's not that big...

So if this Narnia-thing will maybe open in 2009, is there a chance that Armageddon will be opened during December this year? :(
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

Quoteis there a chance that Armageddon will be opened during December this year? :(

Narnia isn't even confirmed, so it's not known when Armageddon will close down.

Riebi

I´m "divided" to hear this. Armageddon never was my favorit attraction at the park. The show was ok and I love the big pyro bang. But all before was absolute boring, especially after the first time. It´s principal an attraction which I would miss as much as others.

But Narnia????? Narnia don´t really get me in. It´s ok to watch it at a lazy sunday afternoon but nothing to get really excited about. So I only can hope that the "attraction"-factor count more then the "walkthrough"-factor which only means you just need one time to get the whole show.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

I understand that a walkthrough is nothing to be thrilled about, but you can look at it this way... The walkthrough will be something new to discover for the returning WDS visitors who haven't visited the park prior to Toon Studio, Hollywood Blvd, ToT, Stitch Live.  They'll see an entire new park.  

If they keep the walkthrough for 2-3 years and replace it by something bigger, the park has yet again something new.  It's a good way to keep the park "fresh" and updated, something the old WDS was lacking.  (we're still stuck with Reign of Fire and Dinotopia...)  

On the other had,  if they put more time and money in developing a better and more interesting pre-show, the attraction could be saved.  (But it won't, to be clare).  

And don't forget there are also other factors like expensive maintenance, operational costs, insurance, a lot of cast members.  If you add this all up and compare it to the guest satisfaction rate, I guess EDL decided it was not worth that price.  

PS. My source never said it would be a carbon copy of the Disney's Hollywood Studios version.  It might be a total different concept, we don't know yet.

Riebi

I don´t know the hollywood studios concept. How is it? Just an excibition or more an experience?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

penfold12

I am really torn with this, and to follow on to Raptors quote about DCA overall rating increasing when they removed Superstar Limo, I could see that happening with the removal of Armageddon. I can also understand the operational costs for running it, could outway the guest satisfaction.

My worry is that the repacement will be temporary until a bigger budget is avaliable. Sounds potentially replacing poor with poor. The walkthroughs in DHS I have always enjoyed, but mainly as I love my movies, and also as a gentle respite to the rest of the day. Either to fill time waiting for a show, or maybe after lunch before hitting the "real" attractions.

With so few "real" attractions, and the new ones that have opened actually adding so much to this park, I wonder if expectation from guests is now too high to take away one of the main original attractions to be replaced with a "filler"?

Still, best wait until we know more before passing judgement. Oh, and hasnt the latest Narnia performed drasticaly under expectations at the box office........

MizzRabbit

I went on Armageddon last year and was very dissapointed. Sure, there were explosions, but I felt like they skipped the climax. I would't go on it again. Narnia is a welcome addition!

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

Remco K.

Raptor, might it be possible that this new attraction is partly paid by WDHE? As you explained before, most in-park movie promotions are paid by WDHE.

Japper

Well... that sucks! I always thought that Armageddon was really making the park a 'movie/universal' park! With the explosions and the cool music :)

When do they finally start with a big expansion instead of all those tiny playhouse stuff ;)

littlemermaid83

No offense to anyone that likes Narnia but for me its got a *yawn* factor.

I would not like to see this at WDS.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

miss disney fan

just read all this, we never manage to do armageddon, but i feel with narnia that it was a film to watch once and yes it was great but there is no need to rush out and buy the DVD. reading about the walkway wouldnt it be better doing a family kinda ride something like a log flume/its a small world style ride and make it abit more exiceting i dont know something like valhalla at blackpool but more towards family?

http://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/r ... halla/2/1/

Anthony

Quote from: "miss disney fan"reading about the walkway wouldnt it be better doing a family kinda ride something like a log flume/its a small world style ride and make it abit more exiceting i dont know something like valhalla at blackpool but more towards family?

On the spot of Armageddon?

The way I'm reading all this is that they just want to get rid of the attraction ASAP. That horrible, boring wait and dull pre-show is really dragging down the Studios' rating amongst guests. Replacing it with a quick, fairly cheap fix based on a huge movie franchise and historic series of books seems a great option.

Shame to lose a "real" attraction for something a bit more low-key, but if it's in WDS' interests, then so be it.

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "Baloo"
Quote from: "miss disney fan"reading about the walkway wouldnt it be better doing a family kinda ride something like a log flume/its a small world style ride and make it abit more exiceting i dont know something like valhalla at blackpool but more towards family?

On the spot of Armageddon?

The way I'm reading all this is that they just want to get rid of the attraction ASAP. That horrible, boring wait and dull pre-show is really dragging down the Studios' rating amongst guests. Replacing it with a quick, fairly cheap fix based on a huge movie franchise and historic series of books seems a great option.

Shame to lose a "real" attraction for something a bit more low-key, but if it's in WDS' interests, then so be it.

Indeed, i agree there however it does seem like they could just sit down and decide on a good replacement insted of replacing it for a holder... which in my books in a waste of money, i was speaking with my aunty about this who loved the narnia film and to be honest she didn't sound too thrilled about a narnia ride....

Its replacing an attraction which has boring wait exciting show with... well exactly the same ?
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone