Christmas 2006

Started by Clarebelle, May 02, 2008, 09:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarebelle

wow this is a trip down memory lane ... if i can remember that long ago lol.

This was mine and my boyfriends first proper holiday together, and our first proper holiday without a "responsible adult" or family.

18th - 22nd December 2006 (planned)[/b

We flew to CDG from Norwich (only my 2nd time flying, i always get nervious), I drove to the airport and er we only just made it. oops.we managed to get the shuttle bus and arrived at our hotel (Kyriad) late in the evening, we headed to the village, a part of Disney CowenJ had never seen! and got a macDonalds, then headed back to the hotel to get some rest.

Even the airport (CDG was dressed up for christmas!)

I don't remember much but I do remember the park and hotels looked BEAUTIFUL!!! all dressed up for Christmas, it was so magical and I was so happy to be sharing this with CowenJ. It really felt like Christmas (probably because it was)! The big Christmas tree was wonderful and I just couldnt wait to see the parades!
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Clarebelle

2006 Christmas Parade ...

The Butlin Boy

Great report and pictures clarebelle :)

Clarebelle

Fantillusion Parade

gerbillcat

Oh great photos, i'm going to be staring at these non-stop until Christmas now  :P . You've taken some really lovely shots, I love the big bauble that's lit up and the parade photos are gorgeous and so Christmassy.

Clarebelle

Thanks!!

There more to come, I never seem to get around to uploading them though.

I'm hoping I'll be able to get some better ones this time, just got a new camera (should we say I had an accident with the last one lol) this ones HD eaeeek!!! so excited. The castle's gonna look so magical with the 15th anniversary decor!

I really hope the baubels are there still, theres one for each princess if I remember correctly (the one in the photo must have been Snow Whites? I think thats an apple is it?)

never2old

These are all beautiful pictures, thanks Clarebelle!!

Clarebelle

I wasn't too happy with them (I really needed to take my tripod)  :oops:

But I'm glad you like them!!

never2old

Tell you what, when you go back in December, take your tripod, take more pics, and then we'll compare them  :) .... But they look really good to me!! All I have from the Fantillusion parade are blurry lights...

Clarebelle

Yeah I'm deffinatly am taking it this time!! I can't help being a perfectionist sorry.

I had that problem too, probably the iso, its hard to judge sometimes what speed you need, like when the parades moving (and then I just get flappy because I'm not getting the photos I want. lol)

Snow_White_Girl

Lovely photos, I can't wait to see Fantillusion for the first time this summer!... And I know what you mean when you said you were so happy to be sharing the experience with your boyfriend - it always seems so much more magical when you're there with someone special! :)

\":lamp:\"

Clarebelle

Quote from: "Snow_White_Girl"Lovely photos, I can't wait to see Fantillusion for the first time this summer!... And I know what you mean when you said you were so happy to be sharing the experience with your boyfriend - it always seems so much more magical when you're there with someone special! :)

Thank you.

Fantillusion is unbelievably beautiful! This was the first time I've seen it and it actually made me cry! Since I was little my mum always wanted to see this parade, but she wont go back to disney now (she doesn't like to travel anymore) I wish she was there with me :-( and yeas it does feel more magical with someone special ... it must be even better with kids!

toonarmylass

in all the times ive been to disney there is only one time when i have been there that there has only been me and matthew. as much a i have loved all the other time the holiday in march was the best, i dont know if it was just because there was just the 2 of us and we could share everything with out worring about other people or if it was because of his cancer and the fact that we didnt think we had much more time together it was kinda bitter sweet, imprining all the looks of his face in my mind. thankfully now with his new treatment and now being in remission the next one is going to just magical as it christmas time and celebration time!!

Clarebelle

You are truely blessed, and lucky to have such a special (and witty from what i've heard) person in you life. I really hope you enjoy your Disney Christmas as much as you deserve to!!

toonarmylass

thankyou. i nickname him stitch as he is im sure a cheeky little alien. do sometimes wonder if hes from this planet, and also he is a fighter, he has had to fight to stay here so like i say hes my little stitch!!!