Phillippe Gas Interview

Started by andrewuk, July 03, 2012, 10:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewuk

here

//http://www.disneycentralplaza.com/t28146p540-futurs-developpements-2015-2022-rumeurs-diverses

Plenty of interesting stuff. I was most struck by him not begrudging TWDC their royalties.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Josh

Good find. :D

It sounds as though they're making a choice over whether to replace Captain EO or add Star Tours 2.
"To put something new in place of Captain EO or to have the new version of Star Tours."

At the end of the post is a tl;dr:

QuoteThe new schedule: Ratatouille the Avengers ...

While Philippe Gas does not confirm any (finance all the new not yet tied) this is what the future should look like Disneyland Paris ...

In 2013. If plans work out as expected, the controller of Johnny Depp aka Jack Sparrow, will take place in the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction, which will be renovated.

In 2014. There, that's for sure, studios welcome Ratatouille. This will be an attraction revolutionary technically, in 3D, where, in vehicles, visitors will have the impression of being reduced to the size of a rat and being sued by cooks!

In 2015. It raises the possibility of the upgrade of the Star Tours attraction (which is now in 3D with 56 different destinations!). But are awaiting confirmation.

In 2016. Philippe Gas is carefully considering the idea of ??installing a new interactive attraction in 3D (really!) On Toy Story "to return often avoiding any sense of repetition." Also in 2016 (but here it is acquired), opening Villages nature and its water park.

2017/2018. Part of the Studios should be transformed to accommodate the Marvel superheroes (which Disney owns the rights) as the Avengers.

FS

And it seems certain that they'll be building a new hotel soon. They've mentioned building one in front of the Studios, but I hope it'll be the one planned for the forth space around Disney Lake.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

JelleP

Sounds really great! Just one question...
Why do they want to built a new hotel?
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Josh

Because the current ones will probably get full in a couple of years. This is what Google Translate says:

"We are at 87% occupancy rate over the year. It's huge. In Paris, hotels are at 60%. So we need new hotels. The application is either in luxury hotels or in hotels to moderately priced. It looks so push it."
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

15MagicalYears

That was an interesting read, even though we already know everything that was said. I just wish Philippe Gas wasn't so secretive over Ratatouille. We know about it, the press knows about it and every guest that enters Toy Story Playland knows there is construction next door - so why does he continue to act like nothing is happening? We want concept art & updates!

isani

I have a hunch about why Gas is so secretive about Ratatouille. All of DLP's marketing is focused around the idea that you should visit now – don't put it off until later! The basis of their every advertising campaign is that there is something going on right now that you should see.

I think Disney fears that if too many people find out about future projects, they might not visit this year. This is something that's known as the Osborne effect: killing current sales with premature promises of future products. They obviously can't keep people from seeing the construction, but they're going to keep as low a profile as they can.

Rafael

Quote from: "isani"I have a hunch about why Gas is so secretive about Ratatouille. All of DLP's marketing is focused around the idea that you should visit now – don't put it off until later! The basis of their every advertising campaign is that there is something going on right now that you should see.

I think Disney fears that if too many people find out about future projects, they might not visit this year. This is something that's known as the Osborne effect: killing current sales with premature promises of future products. They obviously can't keep people from seeing the construction, but they're going to keep as low a profile as they can.

Isani, I couldn´t agree more.

Patrick89

Quote from: "Josh"In 2013. If plans work out as expected, the controller of Johnny Depp aka Jack Sparrow, will take place in the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction, which will be renovated.

Damn, I hoped they would forget about that idea.

Concerning the new hotel, I agree with Josh that it should be built at the vacant spot at Lake Disney. What kind of theme would you like to see there? ;)
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

mattboywonder

I bet it will be pixar or character themed in some way = maybe taking some ideas from the new Art of Animation in WDW
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

Bryn

It would be nice if they could try and repeat the idea of another american style hotel (New port Bay, New York etc.) May be a hotel with an Hawian theme. Then they could include aspects of Lilo and Stich. Like they have with Bambi in Sequoia Lodge and Cars in Santa Fe.