Accessibility — disability passes, questions, tips

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 07:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twentythingamabobs

Hi jodlebug! Are you getting your annual pass at the park from the annual pass office? If so, they will give you your access pass there (you will need yours and your daughter's doctor letters) and they will last the duration of your annual pass  :)

twentythingamabobs

Hello everyone, got yet another question. I hope we are not alone in our issue and someone can offer a suggestion!

We travel as a group of 4 (3 adults and a 14yr old lad who is disabled). 2 adults and the child have Dreams Annual Passes, the lad has an annual EAC as well. With the Dreams pass, the lad gets a free carer ticket. Each day we have to queue up at the disability office to get the carer ticket. As the window does not open until 0930, this makes us miss most, if not all, of EMH. Last summer, the CM at the disability window printed us a 3 day carer ticket which meant we could use EMH. However, that is the one and only time we have been allowed to do this as we do not stay at a Disneyland Hotel. I don't think its fair that we have to miss EMH every day - especially on our last day when we have to leave for the airport at 1130 so only get an hour and a half in the park whereas we could have been there a couple of hours earlier.

Any help or info for people at DLP to get in touch with would be greatly appreciated x

tinkswishes

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on January 13, 2015, 10:02:53 AM
Hi jodlebug! Are you getting your annual pass at the park from the annual pass office? If so, they will give you your access pass there (you will need yours and your daughter's doctor letters) and they will last the duration of your annual pass  :)

I have had to go back for a new pass every visit they never give me one for the duration of my annual pass.

twentythingamabobs

Quote from: tinkswishes on January 28, 2015, 08:17:24 PM
Quote from: twentythingamabobs on January 13, 2015, 10:02:53 AM

I have had to go back for a new pass every visit they never give me one for the duration of my annual pass.

That's strange! We've got Dreams APs for the past 2 years and both times we got a year long green laminated EAC

Bear84

Hi,

I'm going in October and was initially going to just buy 2 day - 2 park ticket on the gate due to being disabled and being able to have my carer get in free, from what I gather the on the gate price is current 139euros, however I've just noticed the Fantasy AP is not much more at 169 and was thinking by the time we factor in food and buying things I'd probably make back the extra 30euros with the discounts on those plus it would be we could also spend our 3rd day in the parks if we wanted. However I just wanted to confirm are AP holders entitled to get a free carer ticket? also I've read the regular tickets have 10% off for disabled people, is this also for annual passes?

TIA

nathalie

A Dream AP is 209 € (or where are you going to buy it from?).  You can also get someone with an AP to sponsor you and get a 10 % discount.

*edit* sorry, mis-read Fantasy AP  :-[

jayney69

We're going in the Easter hols, and it'll be the first time I've traveled since being ill (heart and lung disease).  I'm in a wheelchair, so my husband is my carer.  I've got a blue badge I can show and will get a Drs letter as well.  My question is, I'm aware that Priority Pass holders can access the rides from the exits, the official guide says that I can be accompanied by a max of 4 helpers, so could that be my husband and the children (12 and 10) ?

polar vixen

Yes, they will put on your pass how many it can include, which is usually all members of your party, but only 1 for the parade areas, unless you get an especially nice cast member, having said that, it may be different with you being an adult, it's not as if you can leave your two kids outside the special area to stand by themselves - anyone else know about this?

Bear84

Quote from: nathalie on February 07, 2015, 10:28:37 AM
A Dream AP is 209 € (or where are you going to buy it from?).  You can also get someone with an AP to sponsor you and get a 10 % discount.

I noticed after your post i accidentally put Dream but meant Fantasy. Are the AP's discounted though for disabled guests do you know?

cazspence

Quote from: Bear84 on February 10, 2015, 12:27:50 AM
Quote from: nathalie on February 07, 2015, 10:28:37 AM

I noticed after your post i accidentally put Dream but meant Fantasy. Are the AP's discounted though for disabled guests do you know?

No it's only day tickets that you get the discount on, not AP

Farailde

Hello Everyone!

I'm going to Disneyland in a little less than 3 weeks  :D. I'm going in a wheelchair and I was wondering how I will see for every attraction where I need to go to enter. Are there any signs? Or is it always through the exit?

Thanks in advance!

nathalie

It's always the exit.
With Phantom Manor, you will miss out the part in the elevator, the exit takes you straight to chariots.

Farailde

Thanks for the fast response Nathalie! Glad to hear it's always the exit, makes it easier :)
Phantom manor will sadly be closed when we go.

Another question: I mostly read about city hall for getting the disability card. Does anyone have experience with Studio services? We're thinking about going into Studio's first and than do Disneyland.

littlebitofpixiedust

We always go to studios first as we arrive on a Sunday and it's a little quieter than the main parc, studio services is the same as city hall. Never had a problem and do find it less busy than city hall  ;)

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: nathalie on February 22, 2015, 06:23:43 PM
It's always the exit.
With Phantom Manor, you will miss out the part in the elevator, the exit takes you straight to chariots.

Most of them are, not always.

Le Pays de Contes de Feés is special gate.
Space Mountain is special gate.
Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast is special gate.
Blanche-Neige et les Sept Nains is special queue.
Les Voyages de Pinocchio is special queue.
RC Racer is special queue.
Ratatouille is Fastpass queue.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''