Original Disney Fan Artwork!

Started by anthonysprincess, April 30, 2008, 10:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MizzRabbit

Well, I was sitting here trying to draw Pinocchio. The result was hideous and I thought to myself that it would be nice if one could have a private tutor that could teach you the basics. Then it struck me! Burntsienna should to tutorials on this thread! How-to-draw differen characters. Show her process etc. Sienna, would you do that? I think we'd all enjoy it!!

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

burntsienna

Everyone's work is amazing!
I love it all, keep a posting  :mrgreen:

Quote from: "MizzRabbit"Well, I was sitting here trying to draw Pinocchio. The result was hideous and I thought to myself that it would be nice if one could have a private tutor that could teach you the basics. Then it struck me! Burntsienna should to tutorials on this thread! How-to-draw differen characters. Show her process etc. Sienna, would you do that? I think we'd all enjoy it!!

I could sure try MizzRabbit, sounds like a good idea...I wasn't going to post this because it wasn't really completed propperly as I only started to do it towards the end, of drawing Giselle, but I could always post step by step turorials and then a little 'show' like this image, at the end.

What do you think?
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

MizzRabbit

Quote from: "burntsienna"Everyone's work is amazing!
I love it all, keep a posting  :mrgreen:

Quote from: "MizzRabbit"Well, I was sitting here trying to draw Pinocchio. The result was hideous and I thought to myself that it would be nice if one could have a private tutor that could teach you the basics. Then it struck me! Burntsienna should to tutorials on this thread! How-to-draw differen characters. Show her process etc. Sienna, would you do that? I think we'd all enjoy it!!

I could sure try MizzRabbit, sounds like a good idea...I wasn't going to post this because it wasn't really completed propperly as I only started to do it towards the end, of drawing Giselle, but I could always post step by step turorials and then a little 'show' like this image, at the end.

What do you think?

That would be great! That animation is really fantastic. You could write tips on proportion and stuff. It would definitely be great if you could. And the animations at the end is a great idea!

Use password]

MinniesBestPal

YAY! BURTNSIENNA IS DOING TUTORIALS!

burntsienna

I'm going to try out doing a Pinocchio one now  :mrgreen:
Not sure how this will go...but I'm going to try, and you can all tell me what changes I should do to make the tutorial more helpful  :D

madame_leota

:D cool!!

i have a question burntsienna... could you tell me what copic colours would you recomend for skin tones for pocohontas and cinderella? pretty please  [-o<  i have been looking into getting some because i have always wanted decent marker pens, i know they are expensive but im only going to spend my money on junk so might as well have something to show for it! i am planning on getting a basic colour set of 12 colours, red green yellow ect but want to get some flesh tones seperatly too to start off with but dont know what flesh tones to buy.

this thread is pure inspiration, i havent done any proper drawing in years so thankyou everyone whos posted on here!!  :D/

MinniesBestPal

I'm just finishing colouring my picture of Minnie Mouse on the catwalk, then I'll scan it in!

burntsienna

Quote from: "madame_leota":D cool!!

i have a question burntsienna... could you tell me what copic colours would you recomend for skin tones for pocohontas and cinderella? pretty please  [-o<  i have been looking into getting some because i have always wanted decent marker pens, i know they are expensive but im only going to spend my money on junk so might as well have something to show for it! i am planning on getting a basic colour set of 12 colours, red green yellow ect but want to get some flesh tones seperatly too to start off with but dont know what flesh tones to buy.

this thread is pure inspiration, i havent done any proper drawing in years so thankyou everyone whos posted on here!!  :D/

Aw cool!
Well at the moment I'm saving up to buy some more Copic Markers as mine are running out (after about 5 years use lol) my main priority is to buy a set of skin tones from here --- http://www.graphicsdirect.co.uk/section ... -ciao-sets --- As I prefer working with the Ciao sets. Plus with this set you get a blending pen...which I've never owned and have always had to blend my colours using alterations in pressure.

The skin colours can be quite difficult to decide what colour to use, as if you go over yourself they will darken.

Those are the colours that I have been using...stuff like the Cashmere is not neccissarly thought of as a skin tone but as mine have been running out it works great for a pale tan look.
For your Pocahontas and Cinderella I would suggest tones similar to these...

The red for Pocahontas as depending again on how many times you go over the colour will effect its darkness. And a nice pale colour for Cinderella will be soft and allow you to build shadows, without the colours going too dark.
Hope this helps.

MinniesBestPal

Burtnsienna, do you have a deviantART account?

burntsienna

Quote from: "MinniesBestPal"Burtnsienna, do you have a deviantART account?

Nope, I just have a Myspace, and then some other accounts on other sites for my photography and painting work. Myspace is where all my stuff goes though.

MinniesBestPal

Aww! If you had one I would have added you as a friend! I don't have a myspace!

burntsienna

I've been thinking about getting one for a while now, I might do one day. I've just been putting it off really cause I'll have so many passwords and usernames to remember!  :lol:  But I could always just write them all down and keep them with me  :mrgreen:

oo. p.s. this Pinocchio chap is rather difficult to draw  :lol:

MizzRabbit

Quote from: "burntsienna"I've been thinking about getting one for a while now, I might do one day. I've just been putting it off really cause I'll have so many passwords and usernames to remember!  :lol:  But I could always just write them all down and keep them with me  :mrgreen:
oo. p.s. this Pinocchio chap is rather difficult to draw  :lol:

Yeah, Pinocchio totally sucks. Do you do the underlying blue pencil sketch or how do you coordinate proportions?

Oh, and you do use ref's for characters and portraits, right?

Use password]

Remco K.

Quote from: "burntsienna"I could sure try MizzRabbit, sounds like a good idea...I wasn't going to post this because it wasn't really completed propperly as I only started to do it towards the end, of drawing Giselle, but I could always post step by step turorials and then a little 'show' like this image, at the end.
[...]

What do you think?
What do I think? I think it's truly amazing. It represents Giselle perfectly!

And it's not even completed? Imagine what it will look like when it's done! :shock:

burntsienna

I've got 3 steps so far of Pinocchio done...Still need to write up the tutorial but the drawings are going ok so far...  :lol: I hope it's easy to follow.