The Enchanted Fireworks

Started by Kristof, March 30, 2008, 10:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAVERICK

We saw the fireworks last saturday and they were wicked. We were halfway up main st the smell of gun powder and the smoke from the fireworks was amazng i have never smelt it that much in any firework display ever.
Best display ever :D

Kristof

There's a behind the scenes video of The Enchanted Fireworks on Dailymotion.  It's in French, but nothing we don't know yet is being said, except that the fireworks display costs 400.000 euro's, which I assume is the total price for two months...

[dailymotion:3hqjiz3o]x62qx8[/dailymotion:3hqjiz3o]

Riebi

Quote from: "Kristof"but nothing we don't know yet is being said

yes but always nice to watch something like this!
Thank you for sharing!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

ightenhill

hmmm..  ok I have to admit that fireworks are not fully my thing unless they are truly immersive and breathtaking.. For this I am thinking the Halloween fireworks at MK Orlando where the whole park is involved and fireworks utterly surround you or the California versions last year with the Julia Andrews narration, which involved areas of the park being focused  and once again great  total surround fireworks and lasers.

Now I dont want to sound critical, and to give you some idea I find the current epcot show utter "sleep central"  but I was expecting quite something last weekend..

This may have something to do with the fact that we normally visit the parks over the christmas holidays to new year and in march/april and see no fireworks at all, but this year we visited and had a superb trip last weekend.

However... The fireworks...

I like to take photos or watch fireworks from a mid postion on main street.. It just seems right to me and fits in with the atmosphere..

Is there a strange law in France that has low level fireworks only; most barely reached higher than the buildings at the top corners of main street and those that did resembled nothing more than giant (maybe not so giant)  roman candles..

All in all a bit of a dissapointment.. (though I stress the only dissapointment in a fantastic four days)
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

Kristof

ightenhill, DLRP cannot use big fireworks because of a lawsuit from the surrounding villages.  The Enchanted Fireworks is very loud for DLRP standards actually!  :)

The lawsuit only limits the fireworks behind Fantasyland.  That's why they can use big fireworks for the Bonfire show on Lake Disney.  

I actually made a whole post about this subject.  Will look this up for you, it's hidden somewhere....  :)

ightenhill

Thanks for that Kristof, that explains a lot. We thought  there must be a reason..
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

Poppy The Monkey

Just to let you know the Finale of the show which used those really loud shells, has been changed after the neighbours complained. The ending is now much quieter.

never2old

oh no.... sniff  :(

that's sad news

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"Just to let you know the Finale of the show which used those really loud shells, has been changed after the neighbours complained. The ending is now much quieter.

Sigh, they spoil all the fun don't they. :roll:  Perhaps if DLRP gave them some free annual passes every year they'll keep quiet :wink:

Anthony

Oh blimey, maybe Disney should take their 10,000+ jobs away too. Marne-la-Vallée would be a wasteland without them. The fireworks were loud for a daily DLRP show, but nothing compared to what you see in Anaheim. How do the locals there cope? I guess we'll have to wait till a video pops up showing what has changed...

Has DLRP ever tried to renegotiate with them, maybe putting the fireworks on a little earlier or something?

lil-shawn

these are bad news, the firework is really great...

I don´t understand the people in the village, thats so typicall french, all time to beef...
Like anthony said befor, why don´t beef the peeps in anaheim, with a more noisy and longer firework?? The firework is just 7 minutes and from this we have maybe 1 or 2 minutes noisy shells...

It would be the same when i say at home to the animals they have to shut up  :twisted:
I think they have to close the windows, put something in their ears, and everyone is happy, disney kan make bigger shels and the people dont hear anything  :mrgreen:

Barnsey313

Has anyone seen the fireworks since the loud ones were taken out? Does it seem a lot worse?

Anthony

Here they are (skip to 8:00mins in):
[youtube:12hdpl05]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3RtOqHXBt0[/youtube:12hdpl05]
Compared to (5:30mins in):
[youtube:12hdpl05]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azZ8K6SF8BQ[/youtube:12hdpl05]
If you'd seen the original, you'd notice the difference. Otherwise, it's a slightly less spectacular finale but doesn't really seem to detract from the overall show at all. There's no Wishes-style gaps. Those big bangs up in the sky were amazing to see in a daily show, but they've added in a lot of extra upwards fireworks fanning out from the ground to compensate.

Surely this isn't that much quieter than the original? A good patch-up job from the pyrotechnics team anyway. :)

MagicStar

](*,)  ](*,)  ](*,)
As always... DLRP made the best of their situation
For this - a big:
 =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>

Nevertheless - its a pity that one of the greates fireworks they ever had, has to slow down. In fact, France is not America. The Americans are proud to have Disneyland.
The french people want to have some peace and quiet.
Sad, there is still no agreement between Disney and the people of chessy.
I hope, that sometimes - this will chance!
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

Kristof

Don't think the people in Anaheim appreciate the fireworks that much...  I've seen a few articles about neighbours living around the Anaheim resort.  Disney pays there quite a lot of money for the upkeep of the residential area, so the politicians kinda close their eyes for it.