More Eurostars to the magic

Started by andrewuk, March 18, 2008, 10:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewuk

More Eurostar services starting up soon! And about time, its always too crowded for comfort, and the new trains will be at more convienient times for those who have to travel to London first:

http://www.eurostar.com/UK/uk/leisure/a ... summer.jsp
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

toonarmylass

after the way matthew and i were treat in marne la vallee coming home i dont know if ill ever use eurostar again it was disgusting. i was struggling with cases and bags and also matthew in his wheel chair they wouldnt help at all they spoke to me as thoughe i was dirt, were extreamly rude and when i said to the sncf attendent that i thought it was ridiculous that they wouldnt even pull a case she started speaking in french asking me if i spoke french and as i didnt the it was my own fault etc. i was so mad i could have spit feathers!!!

andrewuk

You could always complain:

mailto:New.Comments@eurostar.co.uk">New.Comments@eurostar.co.uk

I did after their failure to sell tickets at St. Pancras and announcing the WWODP on 22/12/2007.

I think that we should do what we can to get them to improve their service. After all, we all want the resort to succeed.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Patrick

Quote from: "andrewuk"You could always complain:

mailto:New.Comments@eurostar.co.uk">New.Comments@eurostar.co.uk

I did after their failure to sell tickets at St. Pancras and announcing the WWODP on 22/12/2007.

I think that we should do what we can to get them to improve their service. After all, we all want the resort to succeed.

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much, the announcements are just plain bad with info on  the disney express :lol: .  I nearly had a fit one time when I heard Wonderful World of Disney Parade mentioned last summer haha.

These new trains though are more than welcome for people, such as myself who live up north and have to travel several hours to get to London.  With the new earlier time than the train was at Waterloo it has become rather harder to catch the train, with the need for all night travelling on a bus or hope the very early train arrives on time into Kings Cross.

smurfy74

we always travel eurostar and we have never had a problem and had a great experience everytime, we are using them again in september, hopefully these new train times will let even more people enjoy the magic

CJNorth

We have travelled with Eurostar since the service started and never had any problems although I do understand your "luggage" problem given the route you have to follow around the Eurostar station.  However I am a little surprised they do not offer a book in advance assistance service as you can book on the UK rail network

I welcome the news of an additional train each day which shows how popular this service is becoming; it must open up Eurostar travel for most of England & Wales. Sadly for us it's still not possible to travel from my home in Cumbria on the day to catch the new service (we would arrive at Euston 12:29).
Carl

toonarmylass

i had booked assistance when i booked my tickets. i booked them online then phoned up and requestied it. what they said is that you cant book assistance, but when you arrive at the station ask and you WILL recieve. in london most definatly but not in marne-la-vallee. it really did put a big dampner on what had been a really good holiday.

giorgio1712

Great news, especially for me as I have to get to London from Guernsey.

kirstenoel

Quote from: "giorgio1712"Great news, especially for me as I have to get to London from Guernsey.

I'm from Jersey! I know they've just started doing flights from Jersey to Paris which is great, they may even start them from Guernsey soon - fingers crossed lol. I went to DLRP years ago when they used to fly direct from Jersey to Chrles de Gaulle. Then they stopped and you had to fly from Jersey to London, then from London to Paris. Seems silly to me!!!

Us poor channel islanders eh?! Anyone would think they didn;t want us leaving!!
My Youtube Channel] //http://www.youtube.com/noelkir
My Disney Photos] //http://www.flickr.com/kirstenoel
?? A Wimba Way A Wimba Way ??

miss disney fan

do you think this is just for the summer or is it a tester to see if the extra train would be worth it to put on all year  :?:

CJNorth

Yes I think it's a test just like the original direct Eurostar service which only ran at peak Disney times on certain days.

If the additional service is popular this summer I'm sure it will return next summer and possibly at other peak times like Christmas.  

You never know if its really popular in a few years time we may have two daily Eurostar services all year round.
Carl