Mary Poppins & Sleeping Beauty character events

Started by zanderstarz, March 16, 2008, 07:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"We need to start a petition to get the 3 fairys and Maleficent in the show. What a waste of money all those recent pyro tests for them were.

I agree! The tests looked impressive, with the matching colours for each fairy and the purple smoke for Maleficent's entrance and the ring of fire for her defeat. Maybe its for a future show, or maybe the technitions got a bit bored and wanted to use up the spare shells from St Patricks day, lol. I still dont understand why they would conduct tests on that stage if they werent planning on using pyros in the show. Maybe they thought they wouldnt be effective during the day? Which reminds me, Wishes tests starts soon dont they Poppy?
~ just like we dreamed it ~

Poppy The Monkey

Indeed they do, I think within the next couple of weeks. But with these rumours of "Enchanted" replacing wishes - I wonder what will be in store this summer??  I've not heard any rumours backstage, expect that Wishes is coming back?? But who knows, all will be revealed?

But back on topic,  We were in awe at those effects, the ring of fire was so amazing - with flames shooting skywards circling the entire stage. Maybe the techinal teams decided it was too dangerous, considering guests sit on the stone walls where the flames were to be shot from??

Let us hope that the coloured smoke does make an appearence though, even though I'm still trying to get that purple dye out of my white Celio T-Shirt!!

Riebi

Like to see my Maleficent. :|
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Soap

Sounds like a impressive little show when adding the fairies and Maleficent's entrance....hope to see that one day when they will add that to the show!! :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Nala_84

Has anyone seen the Aurora & Prince Phillip Happening or has any pictures of it??
It should have started on Thursday, shouldn't it?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

The Butlin Boy

Here are the first pics and videos of the Aurora & Prince Phillip Happening show can be found at the link below:

Source: Characters Photos Blog

Riebi

The pics looks good. After watching the video I must say it isn´t completly my taste. Maybe cause there´s no maleficient!8) But I think it´s a great addition for every fan of the princesses and princes!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

Here's a video from past weekend!

[dailymotion:32qhnelt]x5hrkn[/dailymotion:32qhnelt]

Snow_White_Girl

Aww I can't wait to see this! I don't believe they've finally done two "happenings" based on two of my favourite Disney films (Mary Poppins and Sleeping Beauty)... The "story" bits of the Sleeping Beauty one sound so beautiful read out in French!  =D>

\":lamp:\"

Kris

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"We need to start a petition to get the 3 fairys and Maleficent in the show. What a waste of money all those recent pyro tests for them were.

Do we have pics or a video of these effects? Not sure how I've missed them :S
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

littlemermaid83

Can't we missed this last month, maybe its because DD made me wait 45mins for Mickey.

Looks fab though :lol:
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Poppy The Monkey

More events are coming - A pirate "happening" in Adventureland, and a Stitch "show" in Discoveryland!

More news soon...

Kris

Bring back Peter Pan to the Rescue! Surely parts of that (music and costume) can be recycled?
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Maarten

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"More events are coming - A pirate "happening" in Adventureland, and a Stitch "show" in Discoveryland!

Thanks Poppy!

Stitch in Discoveryland?! Well, it was to be expected since Buzz Lightyear and Stitch are the only space oriented characters they want to use nowadays. What a waste.

Nala_84

Woooohoooo, that's great news Poppy, thanks :)!

I'm really curious how those new happenings will look like! Hopefully Jack Sparrow will be involved :)! So just a show/happening in Frontierland will be missing :lol:

Does anyone know if the happenings (also Aurora & Mary Poppins) will take place during Christmas Season, too??  [-o<
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]