pin trading for a beginner?

Started by Clarebelle, January 28, 2008, 01:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlemermaid83

Ive listed some things on ebay so i can start my pin saving fund.  

Did you do any trading with CM's?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Clarebelle

me?

No I'm too scared to do that, its confusing! different coloured lanyards for children etc or so I've heard? I just buy mine, maybe I'm missing out on some fun?
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Clarebelle"me?

No I'm too scared to do that, its confusing! different coloured lanyards for children etc or so I've heard? I just buy mine, maybe I'm missing out on some fun?

Yeah i heard that too, but ill just stick the lanyard round my daughters neck so i know its ok to trade with any CM  :lol:
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Clarebelle

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"

Yeah i heard that too, but ill just stick the lanyard round my daughters neck so i know its ok to trade with any CM  :lol:

Dam ... wish I had kids :-( lol

Snow_White_Girl

Hmm I don't have any pins as it stands but when I go to DLP in August if I can find this one I may be starting a collection hehe! :wink:

Oh and Javey that website that Masamune posted seems to have all the numbers listed with the pins!

\":lamp:\"

Javey74

Thanks for the PM SWG^^  :mrgreen:

I'm going to have some cataloguing now... :lol:

littlemermaid83

I got my first pin!!

A Newport Bay one :)

Clarebelle

wow!! hopefully I'll get that one soon (i could just pay the £16 upgrade but I'm sticking with Sequoia for now, I think)

littlemermaid83

I want to get the Santa Fe and Cheyenne ones next when i go and then the SL one in January when i stay there :)

joolsc

Quote from: "Clarebelle"
Quote from: "littlemermaid83"

Dam ... wish I had kids :-( lol

Just go up to the cast members and majority do not care about the kids and adult ones. You always get one or two CM's that won't trade even with my daughter because she is over 10. It is great trading with the CM's as they sometimes have some special pins what you can't buy. My daughter and I have traded since 2002 and it's great. The best place to trade is in the Hotels as the dealers can't get into the hotels.

MinniesBestPal

I have a pink lanyard with crowns on (I got it from Orlando)

My brother had a blue one with Mickey's Sorceror hat on, but he lost it when we came back. We went again at Christmas, and he re started his collection, with a longer lanyard. It isblack and has "Disneyland Resort Paris" written in silver all the way down it.

Anyway, the other day he was tidying out his toybox, and he found his blue lanyard. He put the 3 pins from Florida onto his black lanyard.

He gave me the blue one! YAY! I haven't got any pins to put on it right now, but my pink one is running out of room!

My cousin has the prettiest lanyard though. She has a purple one with stars all over it. Purple is my favourite colour, and I love hers. Its covered in Tinkerbell pins too. I think it is a bit boring, only collecting Tink pins, but its her choice, and it does look really nice!

MizzRabbit

But how do you trade them?

I mean, where do I find castmembers who trade? How do I get the attraction ones? Do I have to ride the specific attraction? I'd love to start collecting as well but have no idea where to start?! I'd love to buy some on eBay to bring on my july trip.

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

Clarebelle

Quote from: SimbaBut how do you trade them?

I mean, where do I find castmembers who trade?

I think all CM's have lanyards for trading

How do I get the attraction ones?
You can buy anytype of pin at any of the shops that sell them, sometimes there are area specific ie diffenent ones available in studios to disneyland, different lands and hotels.

Do I have to ride the specific attraction?NO, but sometimes the ride might have a limited ed, which is only available in certain shops

I'd love to start collecting as well but have no idea where to start?! I'd love to buy some on eBay to bring on my july trip.
You can get starter lanyeards with about 8 pins on, that you can trade for others[/color]

MizzRabbit

Thanks Clarebelle! Just what I needed to know!

Can CM's refuse to trade? Is it up to me what pins I want or what?

Last time I was at dlrp I couldn't get my eyes off the pins but thought it might be too expensive to start collecting. How much does standard pins cost?

Thanks for all your help!

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

Clarebelle

Quote from: "Simba"Thanks Clarebelle! Just what I needed to know!

Can CM's refuse to trade? Is it up to me what pins I want or what?

Last time I was at dlrp I couldn't get my eyes off the pins but thought it might be too expensive to start collecting. How much does standard pins cost?

Thanks for all your help!

CM's as a rule cant refuse you, although some might try to barter with you, and yes you can choose. some cast members only trade with children, but they have different coloured lanyards on.

the average pin costs around 8 euros 50 cents, special editions and multi pane cost more, depending on how rare they are, if you look back in this topic I psted piccies of mine along with the cost, so you can get an idea of what costs what etc