Your Disney Merchandise Collection

Started by Masamune, July 03, 2005, 12:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Fantasia was never really a favourite of mine. I can appreciate it on it's artistic merits, but I think because it lacks a strong narrative, it doesn't really hold much appeal to me. I like Sorceror's Apprentice but find the rest of it gets a bit boring.  :roll:

On the other hand, I really like Fantasia 2000, but I think more of the segments in that have a stronger narrative. I really love The Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Donald Duck / Noah's Ark segments.

Still wishing they'd do plushies of the Princesses in alternate outfits, like Belle in her blue dress, Briar Rose Aurora, Cinders in rags etc.

Just think, they could do another giant Belle in her blue dress this time!

Anonymous

Got a few more odds and ends this last week or so.

Some new Princess plushies.

A gorgeous new giant Christmas Belle.

And a couple of PVC sets.

fly_with_me_dumbo

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"It's my bedroom.

I got the giant Belle today, together with one of the winter Belle's.

Both are gorgeous.

:)

I rang the Disney Store in Meadowhall to see if they had any and they'd had 1 in this morning, and they offered to save her for me.

The girl in the shop was asking whether someone was a massive Belle fan and I told her it was me - that I collected Beauty and the Beast and Belle stuff. She seemed quite impressed.  :lol:

Though I must admit I seemed to know more about upcoming DVD schedules than they do. Apparently they've been told that Beauty and the Beast will be back out on DVD in 2011, though I think there's a possibility of 2010 - depends when they release Pinocchio and Fantasia, and she didn't even know about Sleeping Beauty next year.  :?

Maybe they ought to give me a job at the Disney Store - in charge of Princess stuff.  :lol:

when i was looking at the product book today the release date for beauty and the beast is 2012.
did you goto the hull store?

Anonymous

Yes I did, but this was in Sheffield.

I'm sure Beauty and the Beast will be out in 2010, I don't think the Disney Store UK are taking into account that they increased the Platinum release rate to 2 titles a year.

My bet is Snow White in 09 and Beauty and the Beast in 10.

Actually Fly, you might be able to answer a couple of questions for me.

When are the mini Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella snowglobes going to be available, I've been in about 3 different Disney Stores now over the last few weeks and there's no sign of them, but they've been on the website for a while.

When is the Giselle soft toy doll going to be out? I've noticed one appear on the Soft Toys menu on the website, but not in store yet and not available to order.

And is there going to be a Disney Store Princess calendar this year. I got one last year and it was an amazing calendar.

Assuming Christmas stuff / calendars will appear in Stores after Halloween.

fly_with_me_dumbo

not sure i'll see if i hear out, i recokn theyll be in in a couple of weeks in time for crimbo. everything comes in quaterly and we are behind in the shop of what on the net

Anonymous

Thanks, I noticed things seem to come in seasons, and as the snowglobes are winter / christmas themed, I expect they'll come in after the Halloween stuff in time for Chrimbo.

Atlantica

Prince, where did you get the big Christmas Belle from? She is stunning. But I have to say, and please don't hurt me, but I think the big Belle looks kind of creepy!  :?

Anonymous

Creepy? Not sure why you think she looks creepy. I suppose it depends what you think of the soft toy dolls. I really like them on the whole, though some are better than others. I've got about 5 different variants of Belle now:- the original one, the winter / christmas one they did last year which has a red fur trimmed cape and a muffler, the throne one they did last year which has a completely different dress (which we didn't actually see in the film  :? but she is nice), the new winter one which has her in a red fur trimmed coat with a white fur hat, the actuall doll has been revised too, and she now has red roses on her dress and a necklace. And the giant one, which has the red roses on her dress too.

The big Christmas Belle came from http://www.disneyshopping.com , they also have an Aurora and Cinderella and I'm tempted to order them eventually. They are about 15" tall. The only downside is that UPS conned me on the tax charges. I ordered her with two PVC sets and the total was $59.50, about £30. They've charged me £39.83 for tax and handling. When I got a snowglobe from them a couple of months ago, which cost more, they only charged about £20. I had a lot of hassle on Friday trying to sort this out with them, and I just couldn't get anywhere. Eventually, I had to pay it. They claim they also tax the shipping amount too, which is complete rubbish, and doesn't explain the snowglobe a couple of months ago. I've never known shipping costs to be taxed and I've ordered lots of items from the States over the years.

So if I do order an Aurora and Cinders, I've got to risk getting stung on customs charges again.  :cry:

But the Belle is very nice, so it might be worth it.

Masamune

:o Belle really suits pink and purple. ;) Cheshire Cat colours. :lol:

Dlrpfan

lol Masamune I agree weith you that belle does look really nice in pink and purple
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anonymous

Quote from: "Masamune":o Belle really suits pink and purple. ;) Cheshire Cat colours. :lol:

I think Belle wears it better.

:lol:

fly_with_me_dumbo

they're in now prince

Anonymous

Thanks. I'll probably next get to a Disney Store when I go to the Disney on Ice show in November. I might place an order online before then though. I notice they have a Princess calendar now and a couple of Giselle soft toy dolls.

Masamune

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"
Quote from: "Masamune":o Belle really suits pink and purple. ;) Cheshire Cat colours. :lol:

I think Belle wears it better.

:lol:
:lol: You think Belle wears it better, but I know Cheshire does. :P They would've done him in natural colours if they didn't think he could handle anything as bold as pink and purple.

:) Speaking of Cheshire, I bought a new bag off eBay. It's a tote bag, so it's not my usual cup of tea, but I was thinking it would be useful for when we go to WDW. I imagine I'll need to carry more with me into the parks than what will fit into my usual Cheshire Cat messenger bags.

swity

Here is a pic of our snowglobes collection.