Toy Story 3 (Pixar 2010)

Started by Kristof, June 23, 2005, 12:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent Lex

Must have been a temporary Youtube glitch. It works fine now.

Watching that teaser again, I suddenly noticed the real detail that Pixar puts into everything, right down to little things like this. Notice how all the little Leg- uh, plastic building blocks fall apart and scatter as the LGMs drop the letter Y.

Though is it just my eyes deceiving me, or does Buzz look a little... dumpy/short?

Aveen2008

Even though I am not the biggest Toy story fan I have to say the trailer looks really good and I am looking forward to it's release next year!:)
Luv Aveen xoxo

The Butlin Boy

Right now over at the 2009 San Diego Comic Con, the people at Disney and Pixar are on stage talking about their upcoming projects. Obviously, we can't all be there, but thanks to the wonderful, wonderful, wonderful Disney Pictures and Disney/Pixar Twitter pages, we can all be informed of what John Lasseter and co are saying right now :P

But anyway, the big news right now is that, whilst discussing his upcoming film, Toy Story 3 Director Lee Unkrich has revealed that "We are proud to announce officially today that Ken in Toy Story 3 will be voiced by Michael Keaton." (Ken of course being Barbie's other half, who will also apparently have a bigger role in this film.)

Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah BATMAN!!! :mrgreen:

Anthony

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"But anyway, the big news right now is that, whilst discussing his upcoming film, Toy Story 3 Director Lee Unkrich has revealed that "We are proud to announce officially today that Ken in Toy Story 3 will be voiced by Michael Keaton."
Upcoming Pixar posted that a special "Groovin' with Ken" faux-documentary introduced him! :lol:

I'm wondering if Andy himself will be a much larger character in the film, too. Since it's set as he moves off to college, they can make him look more realistic as they age him. The original character model wouldn't look great in a larger role today.

Anthony

Lee Unkrich with Tim Allen in the recording studio today!

http://twitpic.com/c1lqt

http://twitpic.com/c1q95

Pete's Dragon

Toy Story 3 director Lee Unkrichmentioned on twitter today that this year's summer animation interns "have to wear matching karate ghis on Fridays", and that whenever a shot is finalized, "they stand in unison and punch and shout." Sounds like fun. I know this is bit of a reach, but could the karate ghis have any relation to the plot of Toy Story 3?Every Summer at Pixar Animation Studios, they take in a new batch of college students for internships. From what I've heard, the interns have to wear a matching outfit on Fridays, its part of a fun group-building hazing ritual. Last year the Summer animation interns had to dress in boyscout outfits (click here to see a photo from Flickr). The boy scout outfit is an obvious reference to the film that the group was working on at the time, Up, which features a wilderness explorer named Russell.So might one of the new Toy Story characters have a karate punch? Could Woody and Buzz be making a trip to Japan, like the infamous scrapped Disney-produced Toy Story 3 concept? Doubtful. It is completely possible that the outfits have nothing to do with any of the projects Pixar is currently developing, but who knows?

courtesy of slash film .com

Captain Pan

Well Caught Pete...

But Any follower of Lee Unkrich on Twitter would also recognise that his Avatar there is of a Doll with a Bald head...

The reason it is led to believe that on each pixar movie something unique happens wether it be a Mustache growing Contest (Ratatouille) or in this case where a section of the team working on the movie all shaved thier head.

Now that sounds like a fun time!

Wether a Character does have a Karate punch... Do we all forget Buzz lightyear's "Karate Chop Action"?

Pete's Dragon

Speaking at a Disney presentation in London's Leicester Square, John Lasseter announced that Timothy Dalton is amongst the cast for their hotly anticipated threequel, playing a toy porcupine called Mr. Pricklepants. Yep. And even better still, Mr. Pricklepants fancies himself as something of a thespian. Score another big gold star on the Pixar perfect casting chart.

Audience members were also treated to the Toy Story 3 clip that played in Venice and also an as-yet unreleased trailer for the film. Here's Empire's take on it:
"Clearly the toys end up being sent to a daycare centre, where they are horribly abused by the little kids - and after that it's time for a break-out attempt to find a safe haven, and hopefully a new owner, in a cruel world. It looks every bit as good as its titanic predecessors."

The Butlin Boy

Total Film has a more in-depth look at the clip here, shedding a bit more light on what path the film could be taking:

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/first-rea ... oy-story-3

I've always been positive about this film, but there's always been a bit of doubt that it may get turned down for not meeting the standards of the first two (especially with a very sceptical storyline). Two factors however have given me a very strong hope all along for this film; firstly is that in my opinion Pixar haven't made a bad film yet. Secondly is that I believe that Pixar feel the same way too and wouldn't make it if it wasn't good enough. This report adds another reason to my list :)

If you want to be so excited about this film that you'll be jumping off of the walls in excitement of it's release, read the artical in that link :mrgreen:  :D/

Captain Pan

Lee Unkrich (via Twitter) has me rocking and rolling!

He has me all over the place with the latest cast announcements that John Lasseter is announcing at D23 Expo

Quote from: "leeunkrich"John Morris, voice of young Andy in TS and TS2, is back as 18-year old Andy in TS3.

Quote from: "leeunkrich"Also joining the Toy Story 3 cast: Jeff Garlin, Bonnie Hunt, Whoopi Goldberg

Garlin previously being Captain B McCrea from WALL-E
Hunt previously being Flint in Monsters Inc and Lightning McQueen's crush Sally

Quote from: "leeunkrich"...along with the previously announced Timothy Dalton as "Mr. Pricklepants"

Right now I am in Fan Boy Heaven!

Lets Rock and O Roll!

Nicholas-c

New poster :D

August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Captain Pan

Now I know I've seen that font before but from what?

"No toy gets left behind" nice tag line.

Rather minimal as a poster though... however it is only a teaser! So its really nice

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Captain Pan"Rather minimal as a poster though... however it is only a teaser! So its really nice

It just goes to prove how powerful the Toy Story brand is; people can tell what is being promoted just from the number 3. Amazing :)

Nicholas-c

Big[ish] - For video, click link. [spoiler:2tui96dm]Over the weekend Disney released a new television spot for the limited engagement 3D rerelease of Toy Story and Toy Story 2, which you can check out embedded after the jump. Attached to the special double feature on October 2nd will be the first real trailer for Toy Story 3. Jim Hill has the scoop on the new trailer, which gives a ton of new details on the upcoming third film. If you don't want to know, don't read on, but chances are you'll be watching the trailer when it is released, so why not?

[The new trailer shows] Woody and the gang at Sunnyside Daycare. Where life among the toddlers looks like something out of "Lord of the Flies." ... Buzz and Co. get absolutely brutalized by these 3-year-olds. Which is why they decide that "We're busting out of here." The only problem is – during their initial escape attempt – the Space Ranger gets severely damaged. To the point that Woody & friends are forced to hit Lightyear's reset button. Which then puts Buzz into Spanish-speaking mode. ... When Buzz is in Spanish-speaking mode – he then becomes this hot-blooded, flamenco-dancing romantic figure prone to grand gestures. Which Jessie winds up being quite taken with.

Hill speculates that given the promotional catchphrase for Toy Story 3 is "No Toy Gets Left Behind", we'll assume that the third film is more of an epic adventure story than the first two films. Lee Unkrich said at Comic-Con that Toy Story 3 story team had actually drawn inspiration from Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings trilogy, and that the third film will feel like the third part of one fairly seamless story.[/spoiler:2tui96dm]

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/09/21/toy ... y-details/
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

benjuth_lightyear

this has appeared online sometime over the past 24 hours.... it shows what seems to be the full trailer but appears to be filmed on a camera in a cinema...

dont watch it if you wanna see the trailer in its actual form which is meant to appear next week sometime according to aceshowbiz.com

[spoiler:308h3m98][youtube:308h3m98]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbdaJqUWTrI[/youtube:308h3m98][/spoiler:308h3m98]

seeing this has made me even more excited than i was before and can't wait to see what it actually looks like without appearing on someones mobile phone video!!

i found the video here originally.... http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00027845.html