Toy Story 3 (Pixar 2010)

Started by Kristof, June 23, 2005, 12:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "Martyn"(I've heard Up is very depressing too)
Whoever told you that must not have read the film very well.

As Butlin Boy says, those final wrap-ups are completely satisfied by the credits and to be honest, I think for Toy Story 3 to be worthwhile, to have a point to it (not just sending Buzz on a fun but ultimately empty jaunt to Taiwan as Disney wanted those years ago), it really needed this emotion and poignancy.

The final shot before fade to black was beautifully subtle in particular. From playtime to the real world.

Anyway, I doubt Cars 2 or will be that emotional.

luke85

Quote from: "Anthony"The final shot before fade to black was beautifully subtle in particular. From playtime to the real world.

Completely agree! I found that bit very moving.

CafeFantasia

I actually saw Toy Story 3 today, in 2-D, not 3-D. I feel strangely guilty for not being super enthusiastic about it. It was very well done, but I don't think it's the greatest film ever made. There's so much hype for films now, on Twitter and on forums like this, which increasingly (in my experience) leads to disappointment.

I rate films in terms of how much I enjoy them, which seems pretty straight forward. And, thinking about it, I enjoyed Toy Story 3 less than Up, which I enjoyed less than the Princess and the Frog. I didn't laugh that many times during Toy Story 3, except for the part with Ken trying on clothes, and Buzz Lightyear in Spanish mode. And I didn't cry at all, which surprised me, given how everyone has said Toy Story 3 is the most moving film of all time.

So, yeah, Toy Story 3. Definitely go and see it, just lower your expectations a bit.

RnRCj

Finally got to see it today and it did not disappoint. A masterpiece from start to finish. Full of emotion. I left completely satisfied.

So much better than Up which was crap.

:mrgreen:

CafeFantasia

I should add that, my impression of Toy Story 3 may have been slightly skewed towards the negative, because I saw the first 20 minutes of the film with the entire right-half of the screen out of focus! And I don't mean just slightly, I mean so blurred that you couldn't actually read the LIGHTYEAR sticker on the front of Buzz!

I also saw Day & Night the same way, with the right-half of the screen out of focus. The "Day" character appeared to be in the distance most of the time. It wasn't an artistic depth of field effect created by Pixar. It was clearly a problem with the projector.

But, and here's a lesson that was learnt, everyone has the power to change things. I endured 20 minutes of Toy Story 3 out of focus before realising that, despite the auditorium being full of adults, nobody was going to do anything about it. I couldn't believe it. Everyone was just going to sit there like lemons, either too unobservant to notice the problem, or too lazy to get up and fix it. And as the film went on, I found that increasingly frustrating.

So... I got up out of my seat and exited Toy Story 3, shortly after the characters arrived at Sunnyside Daycare, and I found a member of staff who I explained the problem too. He was very understanding. He walkie-talkied the projectionist and, a few minutes later, I was back in the auditorium watching Toy Story 3 in focus.

A little story for you there :-)

Also... I keep reading that if Toy Story 3 doesn't make you cry, you're a robot. Well say hello to Mr Autonomatron :-)

benjuth_lightyear

Has anyone been to see it at Imax yet?

I've booked a couple of tickets to see it whilst I'm in Birmingham in a couple of weeks...

Just wondering how it  compares to seeing it at a normal cinema, I've never experienced Imax before so it's a totally new experience for me!!

disneyrules

I thought toy story 3 was fantastic  :thumbs:
I loved all the new characters. I also thought the plot was excellent - even though i got a bit upset to then end.
I still think it bo peep and weezy should have been in it, but apart from that i loved it.
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

dagobert

Toy Story 3 is the top grossing animated film ever. Finally Pixar is on the top again. I still don't get how Dreamworks with the green ogre could be so successful. In my opinion Dreamworks movies just don't have to quality of Pixar movies, but I have to admit the Shrek 1 is a funny movie I enjoyed.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... b1e9d29de7

-breeno-

This might be a little old now but I read it on another forum a minute ago.

Cool little easter egg Pixar put in
[spoiler:3epc4e7v]Sid appears in Toy Story 3 as one of the binmen!
[/spoiler:3epc4e7v]
Have to say I never noticed it, makes me wonder how many more are hidden away in the movie.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Masamune

:shock: WOW! That's amazing! Can't believe I didn't notice that.

Disney_Dreamer

Toy Story 3 is one of the best Pixar Films I have ever seen. A great end to a fabulous trilogy. I must have cried for the last 20 minutes of the film because it was so sad. I don't believe that anyone could not have cried when seeing this film. I don't ever remember crying so much at a Toy Story film. A great job by a great company. It would be brilliant to watch it again and again but I don't think I could face the crying. At least Disney have found a film that makes men cry too.

Sulley

Quote from: "-breeno-"This might be a little old now but I read it on another forum a minute ago.

[spoiler:1mjr1rf1]Sid appears in Toy Story 3 as one of the binmen!
[/spoiler:1mjr1rf1]
Have to say I never noticed it, makes me wonder how many more are hidden away in the movie.

I've read that boo makes a cameo apperence as well...

Is this Boo as she will be in Monster's Inc 2?  It looks like her.

Anyway just seen it last night and it was flipping FANTASTIC, I'm a huge fan of the Toy Story movies, since seeing the first one way back in 1995, and part 3 IMO is the best one yet.

It had everything it was an emotional rollercoaster!

I want to go see it again :D

disneyrules

I dont have a picture but also mr ray from finding nemo makes an apperance in the butterfly room.
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

davewasbaloo

I thought it was really well made, and it was great the way it made everyone emotional (an amazing achievement for animation). But as a dad who thinks my kids are growing up so fast, I was depressed for a couple of days after seeing it. I don't know if I will be in a hurry to see it again.
since 2001 (many before that)

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Sulley"
Quote from: "-breeno-"This might be a little old now but I read it on another forum a minute ago.

[spoiler:lwbpvmqv]Sid appears in Toy Story 3 as one of the binmen!
[/spoiler:lwbpvmqv]

I've read that boo makes a cameo apperence as well...

Is this Boo as she will be in Monster's Inc 2?  It looks like her.

That is Sid (he's even voiced by the same actor!), but that isn't Boo I'm afraid - that was just a rumor  ;)

By the way, saw it for the 4th time on Wednesday - I'm not THAT obsessive am I?  :P