The Celebration Continues... Big Time! (2008-2009)

Started by Kristof, January 07, 2008, 01:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockNRoller

The celebration continues, why :?:
You dont celebrate your birthday for 2 years so why this :?:
A blatent way to save spending money on anything new because they can use all the 15th decorations for another year :?:
I understand not everyone got there in the 15th year but hey thats life. Did California extend the 50th for another year :?: So why this.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "RockNRoller"The celebration continues, why :?:
A blatent way to save spending money on anything new because they can use all the 15th decorations for another year :?:
I understand not everyone got there in the 15th year but hey thats life. Did California extend the 50th for another year :?: So why this.

I think it is because the 15th anniversary celebrations have probably been the most successful advertising campaign that the resort has every had, you can tell how popular it's been by through the resorts financial results. It's not a bad thing that it's being continued, it'll allow more people to experience the magic of the 15th anniversary, and to help get the resort out of debt. :)

RockNRoller

Having seen the official figures its definately the best for a while but to me its just watering down that special year.
Wont stop me going and buying more merchandise though :lol:
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Kristof

Quote from: "RockNRoller"The celebration continues, why :?:

This has been explained before on the message board.  It was going between Mickey's Anniversary or the Celebration continues, but guests and future guests preferred in surveys all over Europe the latter.

littlemermaid83

Im glad they are continuing this for another year as i loved the 15th celebrations last week and now i'll get to see them all over again in September. I cant wait.

Poor Mickey tho, he doesnt get his birthday celebrated  :?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Japper

Check out the updated website!

http://www.disneyland15.com

It's so beautifull! Especially the effect of going forward and backward! :)

Be sure to check it out!

Anthony

Oooh it's here! I saw the new banners on the official site yesterday but disneyland15 was still the same. The new design IS beautiful! Great colours! Nice way of sorting the menu with the new and returning things.

Some of the english translations are a bit off though, or don't explain/sell the stuff very well.  :?

Still, another wonderful website from DLRP!! Just WHO designs them these days? They really 'get' the resort.

I guess that whole "oh happy day" thing died a quiet death then? Yes?! :D

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for posting the link Japper. It looks fantastic! I'm so glad they've redone it instead of just update it because this one looks so much better and is presented better as well :D/

Japper

Quote from: "Baloo"Still, another wonderful website from DLRP!! Just WHO designs them these days? They really 'get' the resort.

Yeah I know! It's so good designed! Just check out the main street window shops.. or the high school musical on the hollywood boulevard! Really great!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Baloo"I guess that whole "oh happy day" thing died a quiet death then? Yes?! :D

You obviously haven't seen the 'Sneak Peek' section on disk 2 of the Ratatouille DVD :wink:

Anthony

Baloo's love for DLRP slowly dies.......

It is a minutely better version of it (meaning the guy in pink appears less), but good lord. :shock:

The most insulting thing about it is that they couldn't even time the flashing of the '15' to the hand claps.

Riebi

Quote from: "Baloo"Baloo's love for DLRP slowly dies.......

Don´t be toooo hard :lol:  Just because they made all things in such high quality the last two years they could get a short déjà-vu-thing like this :lol:

We are now just pampert by high standards! :lol:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anthony

Quote from: "Riebi"We are now just pampert by high standards! :lol:
I know! It just makes it so much worse when they go back to something like this that's as clunky and ugly as the 'needmagic' disaster.

The red carpet 15th adverts were probably the best adverts for a Disney resort I've ever seen. Aside from the very clever idea, it was the good use of characters that made them work. Who gets excited by some stupid family dancing around on the stage? They should do a commercial showing a few of the VIP characters taking the decorations down in Main Street (maybe Donald moaning "arr phooey, the party's over already!"), before Mickey emerges from the Castle and announces "hold on folks! we've still got some presents left to unwrap!!". Then the Tower, Stitch, HSM2 are "unwrapped" on screen.

Oh, and the ToT should definitely be a nighttime shot. It looks so dull in this promo.

Hmmm yes, we've been spoilt alright. :lol:

penfold12

QuoteI know! It just makes it so much worse when they go back to something like this that's as clunky and ugly as the 'needmagic' disaster.

Need Magic! I forget that promotion. It never seemed like it was actually Disney. The first time I saw it, I thought it was a thrid party with a tie in with DLRP. How it ever got developed and actually used is beyond me. Need Magic? Yes the whole promotion did need magic!

Riebi

Quote from: "Baloo"The red carpet 15th adverts were probably the best adverts for a Disney resort I've ever seen. Aside from the very clever idea, it was the good use of characters that made them work. Who gets excited by some stupid family dancing around on the stage? They should do a commercial showing a few of the VIP characters taking the decorations down in Main Street (maybe Donald moaning "arr phooey, the party's over already!"), before Mickey emerges from the Castle and announces "hold on folks! we've still got some presents left to unwrap!!". Then the Tower, Stitch, HSM2 are "unwrapped" on screen.

Oh, and the ToT should definitely be a nighttime shot. It looks so dull in this promo.

Hmmm yes, we've been spoilt alright. :lol:

Yes that´s true, but from a country where you haven´t dlrp marketing it´s wonderful that they do "something"  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: just joking  :wink: For me it´s now over the years normal that they take 2 steps forward and an half back. I´m waiting now for the next steps forward  :D/

But I must say, that even me is now a bit pampered by the magic of the carped campain.
Nice idea for the new spot! They should take you for campain director!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...