World of Disney in Disney Village (Now Open)

Started by Owain, January 06, 2008, 12:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ed-uk

I'm pleased to report the globe on top of the building was turning by the time we left at the end of our visit.  I really liked WoD store and I was very impressed with the merchandise for the 20th.
Ed & David

Maarten

Quote from: "ed-uk"I'm pleased to report the globe on top of the building was turning by the time we left at the end of our visit.

I'm glad to hear that, thanks! :)

EthanR

I was there this morning! Although the shop is great, I suggest you shop around the old disney stores in the Disney Village or shop in the park because there's a great sale on. E.g - 13 euro bag is down to 2 euros, 10 euro vinylmation magnet down to 1 euro.
Disneyland is a work of love. We didn\'t go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money.
-Walt Disney

D23 Geek

disneymagique

I was in the store this weekend. To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed. Considering the size of the building, I expected the store to be much larger and to have a second floor. I'm also missing much of the original merchandising.

Also I found that the original Disney Store in the Village, is now closed until 16h00. This weekend there was a big line outside the Disney Store to get into the store. it looks like that i'm not the only one that is missing things in the World of Disney store.

And what is wrong with the security guards in the World of Disney store. They are everywhere in the store, looking, looking and looking like your going to rob the store empty. It's not possible to shop peacefully.
...I think it's better to hang more cameras and let the customer shop in peace.

But on the store looks wonderful...  there are many great Disney memory's hidden in the store.

On a side note; does anybody know what is wrong with the prices in the Disney Store's ?
Many prices have increased by 10% / 15% in the last months.
Watch my Disney videos at: www.youtube.com/disneymagique

Martyn

I dont think you can complain at an increase like that really. In all the years I've been visiting DLP, the merchandise prices hardly ever went up.

Anyway, this store looks lovely, shame about the security guards tough - whats that all about? Never had security in the original Disney Store....

mdw

Hi, are there any different princess dresses here? Or are they the same ones available in the parks? My daughter wants the bluey/green ariel dress that she wears in stars and cars and in the princess meal.

Was disappointed with the variety of dresses available last year.

Martyn

Well I must say I was slightly disappointed with the World of Disney store at WDW, it sold the same stuff that can be found all over the resort....

Kristof

Bumping this topic back up...

I took this 360° photo of World of Disney a few months ago: http://360.io/68dFdG

never2old

Quote from: "Kristof"Bumping this topic back up...

I took this 360° photo of World of Disney a few months ago: http://360.io/68dFdG

I love that!!  :thumbs:

Festival Disney

New fences look really great and they're definitely doing their job! On Saturday they'd removed the heads off of all the lights around the bases of the statues but come Monday morning they were all back and fixed!

Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

swooddow

do you think that disney will ever put a nightclub back into disney village as they took away huricane's it was the only accrual night club / entertainment in the village apart from shopping and eating and going to see bbwws ( which you would only do once in a holiday) that was a social form of entertainment.

haribosmum

Does this store sell anything unique or is it a bigger version of what can be purchased elsewhere?
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

DisneyDonna

Quote from: "haribosmum"Does this store sell anything unique or is it a bigger version of what can be purchased elsewhere?

It does sell some unique merchandise, but nothing special in my opinion...

swooddow

will there ever be an extension of the village ? as at the moment all there is to do is shop and eat and no social entertainment. apart from billy bobs and wild west ( which you would only do once in a trip). I want there to be another night club installed not only for guests but also for cast members and as I am going to work out there this summer as a character performer , this is a slight issue. any thoughts anyone ??  :)

Samninetysix

Quote from: "haribosmum"Does this store sell anything unique or is it a bigger version of what can be purchased elsewhere?

And to be fair, it isn't THAT big...