World of Disney in Disney Village (Now Open)

Started by Owain, January 06, 2008, 12:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

LOL. Yeah, that would definitely work. :P
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Columbiad

It's looking' gooooooddd.....

esmeralda

OMG!!!! So beautiful!! I'm already absolutely in love with that shop!!Can't wait to go!!! :-)
Julia

Epcot_Boy

Some great pics can be found here.....http://www.disneymagicinteractive.com/p ... ml#p172205

just scroll down :thumbs:

Thanks to Disney Magic interactive

David

esmeralda

LOVE every single pic!!! I'm really getting excited now!! I hope this is a new beginning for Dlp merchandise! :-)
Julia

Riebi

Wow looks great. Love it. It s wonderful to see that they keep this around the world.theme.inside the.store. great details for the village.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

pussinboots

Wow. So many interesting facts about this store. To begin with, my first thought: It doesn't look any bigger than the Mauritania. Turns out it only comprises 1500 m2 of retail space, compared to 3700 m2 in Anaheim and 4700 m2 in Florida! So our eyes have not deceived us; it is much smaller than the American stores. Far better looking, though.

Anybody know the numbers for the current Disney Store?

Then, the bas-reliefs were created by American artist Mike Klung, sculpted as scale models, scanned and cast in agglomerated stone. The entire facade is made out of this material apparently, save for the stone near the ground, which is solid granite. They chose this material rather than solid limestone because they wanted a warmer color. The signature stone of M. Haussmann is not good enough for Disney, apparently! :) Although I suspect cost may have played a part. Agglomerated stone is made by mixing dust particles of stone with epoxy and resin. Thanks Google! In other words, agglomerated stone is to stone what Pringles are to potatoes.

The balloon centerpiece and the basket below have been painstakingly created out of molded plaster of Paris, apparently, because of fire regulations. The basket was weaved out of electrical wires, the balloon with the help of medical tape — for that fabric look. (Then cast into plaster, of course.) Now, I know this is often a problem for Disney, as France has some pretty impossible fire regulations that actually differ from EU standards. But I don't understand why they couldn't use resin? Hmm.

Then there's the whole thing about how the TGV station underneath creates heat and cold and has different parts of the concrete slab expand and contract, so they built the whole store on a floating foundation... But I haven't been able to wrap my mind around that so far, haha. Feel free to jump in.

Fun facts!

Josh

Quote from: "pussinboots"Then there's the whole thing about how the TGV station underneath creates heat and cold and has different parts of the concrete slab expand and contract, so they built the whole store on a floating foundation... But I haven't been able to wrap my mind around that so far, haha. Feel free to jump in.
That reminded me of how they had to stick a massive column in to create a vent for the station. I didn't notice the column in any of the interior photos, though. It's well-hidden! :D

Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

ford prefect

Designing Disney tweeted an interior picture

pic.twitter.com/W8C2eqU4
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Festival Disney

There's a very good article about the store here:
http://disneyshowcasekey.blogspot.be/2012/06/evenemnt-special-merchandising.html.

It shows some of the exclusive merch that'll be sold. (Not sure about the princess dolls, they creep me out.)
Happy to see that the ear hats will finally make an appearance though!
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

esmeralda

I absolutely love that store already!!!! I hope there will be some merchandise with the logo on it! Unfortunately the pin is LE and will be sold on July 6th. I was looking forward to get one till i read the text. Nevertheless i'm super excited to experience that fantastic shop and i hope to spend a lot of money there ;-)
Julia

disneymad1000

Right forgive me if this is a stupid question, but is world of disney store got two floors or just the one????
Disney Trips
2002- DLRP- Hotel Cheyenne
April 2005- DLRP- (Day trip)
October 2006- WDW- Off Site
Augest 2007- DLRP- Off site
Decemeber 2007- DLRP- Off site (Hotel Chanteloup)
May 2008- DLRP- Off site (Hotel Chantelop)
Augest 2009 - DLRP- Davy Crockette Ranch
Augest 2010- DLRP- Off site
July 2011- DLRP- Off site

July 2012- DLRP- Hotel Cheyenne

peter

I believe the bottom floor is for retail, and top floor is for storage.

Anthony

Unfortunately no-one from magicforum was invited to the presentation and preview tour last week, but we've been sent a full PDF of the presentation images, so here they are!

Full album: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 7804756259

It looks s-t-u-n-n-i-n-g. I'm so impressed with everything - the exterior, interior, merchandise selection. Even special limited edition products just for the opening! The logo signage turned out particularly gorgeous. It just oozes class.

I love the proper Cast Member costumes, the nods to the True Life Adventures logo, the fact that the centrepiece underneath the balloon isn't another retail display but a comfy seat, so someone can sit down while others browse...

Riebi

Looks really great! It´s interesting, that they will have own "WoD"-merchandising and special costumes. And I love the suitcases look of the furniture. Much details for the store.

Thank you for sharing! Will be great to see the interior of the store in real in 1,5 month.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...