If they replaced Animagique...

Started by Rocketeer, November 16, 2015, 08:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: V0gelz on December 10, 2015, 03:04:38 PM
I don't think Animagique will be replaced, they added new neon lights and repainting it.
https://twitter.com/insidedlparis/status/667314877027905536

They might change the act but not the remove the whole building.

Thank you captain obvious.
You know that Animagique is a show right, not the building?
Animagique, the show, stops on February 2nd.
In July the theatre reopens with a brand-new show.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Rocketeer

Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on December 13, 2015, 01:18:13 PM
Quote from: Rocketeer on December 09, 2015, 02:47:29 PM
^OK fair enough. Not everyone's cup of tea I guess.

Although I'm against more from the Lamp in WDS for now, what about just replacing Animagique with the 'Pixar Film Festival' that's being added to the Magic Eye Theatre in EPCOT?

QuoteEpcot guests can experience beloved Disney and Pixar animated shorts in a new 4D experience located in Magic Eye Theater in the Imagination Pavilion. "Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival" will include a look into the visionary minds behind some of the world's most iconic animated films today."
-Disney Parks Blog
Whilst I love 4D Cinemas, I can't see them introducing another when there's already a 4D Ratatouille ride.

If anything, I can see Disneyland Paris getting rid of the only other 3D/4D attraction Discoveryland Theater (wish it was 'Theatre') and turning it into a stage show.
Well I'd doubt they'd actually convert Studio 3 into a 4D theatre. It'd cost way too much - they'd probably have to dig down a bit to add the mechanisms for the movable seating platform. However there's nothing to say they couldn't just use the same show from EPCOT in its 3D form.

As for the original Cinemagique theatre, there's a good chance that will go if they add Star Wars Land to Discoveryland - if only to somehow expand StarTours. That is unless they have some convoluted way to incorporate a 4D show into the land.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

V0gelz

Quote from: DLRPWonders on December 13, 2015, 01:21:38 PM
I don't think Animagique will be replaced, they added new neon lights and repainting it.

No need to be rude about something i didn't know..

Rolo

Quote from: DLRPWonders on December 13, 2015, 01:21:38 PM

@DLRPWonders
If we (Disney newbies) irritate you so much... Why do you keep giving these rude reactions.
Just shrug your shoulders and count to 10.

Anthony

Yes - this kind of post may be meant as sarcasm, but just to reiterate - being so curt can also come across as unfriendly and unnecessary. Don't forget, "we were all newbies once..."

I am beginning to wonder, would they introduce the new show but keep Animagique as the attraction name? It's a good name that would be a shame to lose, especially for something as wordy as "Mickey and the Something Something"... They could still give the new show its own title or subtitle within the attraction.

DLPWonders (Banned)

The new show will get a new name.
I'm not allowed to share the new name yet but it will be something "Mickey and the magical map".
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Rocketeer

Quote from: Anthony on December 14, 2015, 01:49:34 PM
Don't forget, "we were all newbies once..."
Too true. :)
Quote from: Anthony on December 14, 2015, 01:49:34 PM
I am beginning to wonder, would they introduce the new show but keep Animagique as the attraction name? It's a good name that would be a shame to lose, especially for something as wordy as "Mickey and the Something Something"... They could still give the new show its own title or subtitle within the attraction.
I agree, a great attraction name and works in both English and French.

What about "Animagique II: The Adventures Continue"? Although it could be worse.... "Animagique: Under New Management".  :P

Quote from: DLRPWonders on December 14, 2015, 02:09:32 PM
The new show will get a new name.
I'm not allowed to share the new name yet but it will be something "Mickey and the magical map".
«Mickey et le carte magique»?

;D

I'm sorry..... couldn't resist.  ;)

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

tigger1974

I would certainly miss Animagique as I think it's a wonderful show, but.... I would rather enjoy a muppet show - 4D would be very interesting!
I thought, and admit I maybe totally wrong here, that Animagique was only going to be revamped and a couple of new scenes added?  As I say I am happy to accept if I have got this wrong.

TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe
I also visited in '98, '00, '02 & '03 and stayed offsite

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: Rocketeer on December 13, 2015, 06:45:08 PM
Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on December 13, 2015, 01:18:13 PM
Quote from: Rocketeer on December 09, 2015, 02:47:29 PM
^OK fair enough. Not everyone's cup of tea I guess.

Although I'm against more from the Lamp in WDS for now, what about just replacing Animagique with the 'Pixar Film Festival' that's being added to the Magic Eye Theatre in EPCOT?

QuoteEpcot guests can experience beloved Disney and Pixar animated shorts in a new 4D experience located in Magic Eye Theater in the Imagination Pavilion. "Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival" will include a look into the visionary minds behind some of the world's most iconic animated films today."
-Disney Parks Blog
Whilst I love 4D Cinemas, I can't see them introducing another when there's already a 4D Ratatouille ride.

If anything, I can see Disneyland Paris getting rid of the only other 3D/4D attraction Discoveryland Theater (wish it was 'Theatre') and turning it into a stage show.
Well I'd doubt they'd actually convert Studio 3 into a 4D theatre. It'd cost way too much - they'd probably have to dig down a bit to add the mechanisms for the movable seating platform. However there's nothing to say they couldn't just use the same show from EPCOT in its 3D form.

As for the original Cinemagique theatre, there's a good chance that will go if they add Star Wars Land to Discoveryland - if only to somehow expand StarTours. That is unless they have some convoluted way to incorporate a 4D show into the land.
Getting rid of Cinemagique would be a mistake. One of the park's many highlights; no replacement would ever be as good.

Update it maybe but they certainly shouldn't replace it.

Rocketeer

^Sorry for any confusion there, I was referring to the original Cinemagique theatre in Discoveryland - the one that showed 'Honey I Shrunk the Audience' and 'Captain Eo'.  :)

I agree with you though, the attraction 'CineMagique' (in Studio 2) is a WDS classic and needs to stay around for quite some time. Maybe it needs an update, a new scene perhaps but not in the latter part of this decade at least.

stifle

Earlier this month, "Ant-Man – a Preview" was running in the venue formerly host to Honey I Shrunk the Audience.

dazzle_v2003

Further update from an interview Daniel Delcourt which he did with fan websites he confirmed Animagiique's name will change,  it will no longer be in black light and it won't be set in the pixar universe.

So a few clues from Daniel. I would say considering they have just refurbished the sign then perhaps the signage will stay but the actual show name will be different. 2 new shows in DLP in one year we are being spoilt.

Ohana

Hold on... have I been living under a rock? They're replacing Animagique? So I won't get to see it in May?
CONFLABBIT. I'm so upset haha I was excited to see that, I missed it out in November in favour of seeing it this year.  ::)
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

sophstar007

Sad to have completely missed Animagique but I am super happy we get to see the new show!!! Plus Frozen Summer Fun!!  ;D