Does DLRP abandon germany?

Started by Riebi, November 12, 2007, 10:18:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reiana

Attention DisneyFans from Munich!!!

27. and 28 september

There is a special WALL-E event at the Forum-Munich (Deutsches Museum) this weekend.
http://www.forumkinos.de/
called
Das FUNtastische Disneywochenende.
Disneyland Paris will be there too with da drawing workshop and information about Disneyland Paris.

I'll try to check it out.

Riebi

Sounds interesting. Seems that they try to get the little ones more into disney.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Reiana

First short report from this morning. Pictures will follow tomorrow.

First thing you see is a gigantic inflatable WALL-E (about 5m high) outside the building.
Cute.

First thing inside after some pink DisneyPrincess flags (Ariel, Aurora, Snow White), you are greeted by a DisneyChannel booth, where you can have your picture taken with 4 different DC backgrounds (Mickey/Minnie, Manny, little Einsteins oder Winnie Pooh/Tigger). Nice.

Then there is a princess area, where girls can dress up in DisneyPrincessCostumes and get a face Make-up.

A comic booth where you can buy disneyrelated magazines (Lustiges Taschenbuch, Pooh magazine)

A small Disneystore, where you can buy Disneyplush (keychains, Minnie an Mickey in Halloween costumes, blinking cell phone charms)

Then there is a small area where a Disneyartists shows how Mickey and Co are drawn, just like in Art of Animation.

A very cosy stoytelling corner (a woman is reading fairytales)

A very small DLRP booth (very boring) in cooperation with a travel agency.

A very small water cooler both, where you can order a Disney water cooler.

A small wheel of fortune with Disneycharacters, where you can win different small prices.

And best thing a last  :D/

A Meet and Greet stage with real Disneycharacters.

We missed Mickey, only saw him wave goodby, but had a lot of fun with Goofy and took so real cute pictures.
There is a professional photographer too. But all pictures are for free. They even print your selfmade pictures. Very nice.

We'll be there tomorrow afternoon again.

dagobert

I'm really curious about the pictures.
I think the Austrian premiere of Wall-e was in the "Technische Museum" in Vienna. This event was organized by Walt Disney Motion Pictures Austria and "Licht ins Dunkel" (Charity organization) and you could win a trip to DLRP and other Disney-Pixar goodies.
http://lichtinsdunkel.orf.at/?Story=2206 (in German)

I have posted a question in the "World of Disney" thread about the Walt Disney exhibition in Munich. It would be great if someone could answer it for me. Thank you!!!

Nala_84

Wow Reiana, that sounds amazing!! Especially meet'n'greet the characters - why don't we have something similar here, too?! :mrgreen:

I still have to write a letter for your meeting in DLRP Flounder, hope I get to write this tomorrow, then I'll send it to you as soon as possible!! When do you leave to DLRP?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Reiana

Here are some pictures from yesterday

WALL-E

Drawing class

Little Disneyshop

Fun with Goofy

Pictures from today will follow tomorrow.

dagobert

I've just found out, that there is a special offer on the Austrian disneylandparis.at website. It says that if you stay at DLRP between February 20th and April 2nd, you will get one day and one night for free.

http://www.disneylandparis.at/angebote/ ... free.xhtml

So I checked it on the German DLRP website, but in Germany they don't have this offer. Usually it is the other way round, because Austria is such a small market. I also didn't know that Austria has it's own website. Until now we have always been redirected to the German site. That's the reason why I have always booked a trip by telephone.

Do other countries have the same offer?

Unfortunately we don't have any time to go to DLRP at the moment. Hopefully they will still have this offer in the future.

So it looks like that DLRP doesn't at least abandon Austria anymore.

lil-shawn

QuoteI've just found out, that there is a special offer on the Austrian disneylandparis.at website. It says that if you stay at DLRP between February 20th and April 2nd, you will get one day and one night for free.

http://www.disneylandparis.at/angebote/ ... free.xhtml

So I checked it on the German DLRP website, but in Germany they don't have this offer. Usually it is the other way round, because Austria is such a small market. I also didn't know that Austria has it's own website. Until now we have always been redirected to the German site. That's the reason why I have always booked a trip by telephone.

Do other countries have the same offer?

Unfortunately we don't have any time to go to DLRP at the moment. Hopefully they will still have this offer in the future.

So it looks like that DLRP doesn't at least abandon Austria anymore.

i saw that too, the funny thing is in the uk u get -40% in austria i get one day and night free and like every time germany get nothing just kids under 7 stay and play free but this option has every country...
and now they wonder why no germans wanna go to the parks, its really to expansive, when i book over france, england and swiss i get it cheaper.. i think thats so stupid, its okay that the french peeps get it cheaper cause they live there...

wish all of you a magical day...

dagobert

I can't really understand it, why Germany doesn't have this offer. I think every country should be treated equally!!

Riebi

Quote from: "lil-shawn"and now they wonder why no germans wanna go to the parks, its really to expansive, when i book over france, england and swiss i get it cheaper.. i think thats so stupid, its okay that the french peeps get it cheaper cause they live there...

wish all of you a magical day...

Indeeeeeed! That´s another example of bad advertising. Again nobody in germany gets any infos about MMP and noooo real benefits as the other countries around germany. Maybe they really should change their marketing team. Are they really thinking that nooo one will have a look at the other country-websites??? Why not booking in france or uk?  :roll:

smurfy74

the uk offer is unique in my opinion as our currerncy has devalued so much recently and we account for approximately 25% of DLRP visitors. There must be some reason though that Germany is sidelined, maybe the cost of advertising to such a large country doesnt get the reurns that it does in say a smaller country such as Austria. As far as I understand Germany has a huge population im guessing market research suggests that the amount of resource that would be needed to get people to visit just isnt cost effective, which must feel like a terrible snub to the Disney fans in Germany. It must be soooo frustrating.

dagobert

Is this 40% discount advertised in the UK, for example on TV, radio or magazines? Here in Austria there is no DLRP adverising at all. Sometimes you can find an advertising poster of DLRP in travel agencies.

Until recently I didn't even know that there is an Austrian disneylandparis.at website.

It's really very frustrating that Germany/Austria are left behind by Disney.

Riebi

I think the frustrating thing is that they don´t see the facts:

-germany has a huge population, but that´s not a bad thing.
huge population = huge market. They could make a simple segmentation and choooose just their target group (by age, money, lifestyle....) to advert Disney. I mean...I work at a marketing department and a huge market is always wonderful cause you can choose the people you want. That without waste coverage by using modern advertise options.

-the germans are a population of theme park lovers. They love to go to any theme park, zoo, shopping centre etc. There are theme parks in every corner of germany and normaly you could drive to a theme park or a "themed world", zoo, anything under 2 hours. Why not using this big group of theme park lovers.

-in the times of the credit crunch germany and the population of germany is much interested in spending money. Yes indeed! The consumer sentiment rised again. The germans aren´t very impressed by the credit crunch till today and would spent money for leisure time things.

-in the same way the visits of people from spain and uk decline, more people for a one-day-trip find the way to the resort. Maybe they should start to search a bigger main target group and not just spain, uk and france cause that could be a real bad fault in the next 2 years.  (sorry but uk, spain and france isn´t europe and yes there are culturel diffrences in every country...bad show for an "american group" :| )

-by doing nothing over years they quench the sparks of a disney park next door. Disneyland Resort Paris won´t ever be a proper holiday destination for germany if they don´t advert anything. Disneyland Resort Paris has lost /missed the connection in germany. There was a real punch in the first years of the nineties. Germans love Disney and germans are normaly crazy for every american thing (yes now even more with mr. obama :lol: ) But now DLRP is just knows as the very very expensive little children Euro Disneyland Park (we don´t know here that they have 2 parks) that is nearly bankrupt. Change it or Disney will loose the last chances to get any new german visitor to disney for the next 30 years.

-for the first years of advertising it won´t be cost effective to advert Disney in germany. But that´s a normal marketing rule. You will see the effect later. But a advertising or marketing campain will get even more costly every day and year they do nothing. For the moment it seems they take all their money to hold the visitors they have. But sorry...that won´t bring DLRP back to a "stable profitability". It´s just a base for DLRP, nothing more.

lil-shawn

i have to argee with riebi,
they should promote the park more in other countrys in europe,
it´s imprtant for them to get new visitors...
a good friend asked me today why i always visit this expansive euro disney park.
first i didn´t know what to say, but i told him that its called DLRP and
for this money i have two parks and great attractions..
he didn´t known about the studios and tower of terror, he was thinking this attraction
is just ín florida. now he wanna go again too  :P

even my mom and dad didn´t know the park grows, the last visit they did was 2000,
now my parents wanna see what happen in the last 9 years. i showed them my pics and
my videos...

smurfy74

@ dagobert -  yeah the 40% off is advertised on the TV and in the press, i know people that have never been before and they have booked because of the offer. They are all first time visitors too, im guessing Disney will be hoping they spend loads on merchandise  :lol:  :lol: