Does DLRP abandon germany?

Started by Riebi, November 12, 2007, 10:18:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicStar

Quote from: "lil-shawn"the germans dosen´t feel welcome. the language there is the next problem, many germans have problems with french and english so the point is, we go to a german park like Europapark and see what dey stole or copied from disney...  

Sorry to say this - but thats rubbish. If you have a closer look to the statistics, you will see, that many Germans are re-visiters. So the language is not the problem. Do the greek speak german? Or the italians? NO. And germans go there on holidays anyway.
If I travel abroad, I know: These people will probably not speak my language. Even germans know that ;-)

Quote from: "lil-shawn"the next thing is, why the german have to go there, when WDW is cheeper and bigger, and u feel welcome there.

Did you ever read how many germans travel to WDW? Far more less than to DLRP.
And why do you feel more welcome there? They don´t speak german at WDW.
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

lil-shawn

QuoteDid you ever read how many germans travel to WDW? Far more less than to DLRP.
And why do you feel more welcome there? They don´t speak german at WDW.

first i don´t wanna attac you, but i think u don´t understand it...
i never talked about me, i talked about germans they don´t feel welcome in paris,
i heard it very often on my trips, a lot of germans say WDW is better, friendlier and
u feel welcome... these are not my words, i just writ these what i heard and read!!!

QuoteSorry to say this - but thats rubbish. If you have a closer look to the statistics, you will see, that many Germans are re-visiters. So the language is not the problem.

at this point i never talked about the statistic and revisitors!! 500 000 german guest from 14 million is not much, from this 500 000 are maybe how much revisitors? not all of them!!!

QuoteDo the greek speak german? Or the italians? NO. And germans go there on holidays anyway.
If I travel abroad, I know: These people will probably not speak my language. Even germans know that

wow great ur one of how many germans? 82 million resident´s who think so.... here we talk about DLRP not italy, egypt, turkey and other countrys. The thing is these are places germans like to visit and know about the language. but about disney i hear a lot, the language is a problem thats why we dont wanna go!!! hobe u will understand it know when not write me an PM in germand and i explain it better  :twisted:

QuoteI know, I also read the comments  
Are Germans really THAT complicated??

hmmm just say yes , the most of them... i´m a german by my self but everyday i have to think about how stubid most germans are....

Nala_84

Hey there,

we're trying to start a petition in another DLRP forum.

Everyone of you who is disappointed of DLRP according to how the German office treats us German fans - you're invited to write an Email, a personal message etc., just what you want to say to the German office (f.e. ask them why we don't have offers here anymore etc.).

We'd be glad if you take part, the more we are, the more they might here us :)! Just PM me if you need the adress to send the email to, or if you have any questions :)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Riebi

cool thing! maybe it helps a bit!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

MagicStar

Quotehobe u will understand it know when not write me an PM in germand and i explain it better

Hey lil-shawn,
I think, I perfectly understand what you mean. I just have another opinion.
Let me tell you my point of view in a few words.
I bet almost the same number of french guests, or spanish guests or english guests would tell you WDW is better and makes them feel more welcome. Not only the german guests. Think about, that it is just a very small number of germans who visited WDW, too. To see the dimensions, you have to look at the majority. And this majority just can compare DLRP with Heide-Park or Movie Park, ......

Quote500 000 german guest from 14 million is not much
Indeed, but europe has a population of 680 million. See what I mean?

But there one question left: You say:
Germans like places like spain, greek, egypt... and know about the language. but about disney they hear a lot, the language is a problem thats why they dont wanna go!!!
Do you really think, that people drive to spain, norwich or egypt although they don´t speak their language. But don´t drive to DLRP, cause CM don´t speak german! This argument doesn´t work.  

The problem is not caused by the language!

I hope I could clarify it a bit. And please don´t see my post as an attack ;-)
Its just a different opinion :-)
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

lil-shawn

Okay magicstar ure right in this point, not munch germans go to WDW when i see the statistic, maybe i got something wrong  :oops:

no i think too the language is not the problem, hmm i think mallorca is nomore spain   :lol:  and thats the place german´s like to go or not??
i know that in many tourist places they speak english so i never understand, when some people say they don´t go to paris because of the language!! u know what i mean right?

no i don´t see it as an attac don´t worry about it  :D

Riebi

Maybe to clear this situation a bit, here an article from Süddeutsche Zeitung:

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/reise/artikel/85/103981/

It seems that the germans like to travel. But France isn´t really a destination for them. And that because some issues. Maybe the germans have just a problem with french and most of them don´t know that you can speak also english (or now spanish :wink: ) at DLRP without any problems.  :mrgreen:
France has its name for the land which prefer that you speak french.
But they love spain, portugal and turkey for their summer time travel.

But I think that´s just ONE and not the biggest problem DLRP has in germany. The main problems are NO advertising and not a very well PR strategie (always negative reports at the german press). If they make a better PR strategie and a better advert and marketing strategie for germany they will have german visitors. So simple can it be :mrgreen:

By the way: The feeling of "welcomeness" is for me not a language issue. I don´t speak spainish but I feel very welcome at gran canaria, costa de la luz etc. I think it´s more subliminal. And that depends again also on the marketing and PR strategie and the service you get from DLRP at germany.

EDDY

Hey I`am from Germany too.
I don´t think that the language is a big problem for the most of us ;) ...
I think the real problem ( like said a few weeks ago by other members) is the really really bad advertising and the bad Promotion of DLRP in Germany. Some months ago we had a little TV campaign with Barbara Meier ( which is a German Model ). The first after 2 or 3 years ???. But the TV Spot was only shown in one TV Channel ( PRO7 ) , and only 1 -2 times a day for 2 weeks or so... Also there weren´t much Attractions showed in the Spot, just TOT and CARS and also Characters Express. And thats the main Problem of DLRP ! They should focus on more advertising in Germany. Another big problem from my point of view is :
Everytime I visit the "NEW" official DLRP Website in German, I can´t find Last Minute Offers like in the past ! Look ! There aren´t any special offers like 40 % less ( Website in French ) Everytime I watch the French Site of DLRP there are special Offers and there´s the Annual Pass Option ! If a German looks just the German Website of DLRP he can´t see the Annual Pass Option and he can´t see Special Offers ( which makes a SHORT VISIT much more interesting ). Since I found out how cheap a visit can be with an Annual Pass I do visit the Parks much much more ! ( 3-4 Times a Year ).

So I should come to a final:

Please make more Advertising in German. Show how "MAGICAL" a visit can be ( SHOW ATTRACTIONS AND HOTELS AND DON`T FORGET TO SAY THAT YOU CAN RELAX ALSO AS THAT THEY HAVE VERY GOOD RESTAURANTS AND SHOPPING etc...!  Work on the German official DLRP Site, so that people know about the Resort and it´s very unique and Special Events ( most of the Special Event-Sites : for Example the Halloween-Site last Year, weren´t available in German Language!!!)
Show the German People the different possibilities to make a visit much cheaper and more affordable ! All this together could get more German visitors, from my point of view ! What´s yours ?

CU eddy :D
[size=80]1997 - July (my first visit ever!!! =) DLP\'s 5th Anniversary
2005 - September
2007 - March
2007 - September
2008 - February
2008 - March - Day Trip to Stitch Live Preview
2008 - May
2008 - September
2009 - February/March
2009 - March - Day trip - St. Davids Day
2009 - August - 18th Anniversary =)
2009 - 2010 - December/January
2010 - May [/size]

//http://www.filmparade-kanal.tk

MizzRabbit

First of all, I haven't read this thread all the way through. I just want to comment that Denmark has no advertisments at all for dlrp. No mention of ToT. Nothing. And second of all, on the dlrp website you can't preorder park tickets for Denmark. I think we're the only european country not on the list. And I wrote a message to the offical website mail adress and asked them about it but never recieved a reply. I don't really get this. :(

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

Futurecastmember

Mizzrabbit: oh so you're from Denmark too:D! I think there's alot advertising and so here. Lots of brochures, advertisements in magasines and those kind of things.
It\'s just like we dreamed it
As far as I can see
It\'s just like we dreamed it
As good as good can be
And I know it\'s so much better
\'Cause we dreamed it up together
Just like we dreamed it, to life! Magically...

Annual passport holder! FANTASY!

swity

About the special offers: Like Nala already said some fans wrote letters to DLRP to complain about the situation. We also got an answer telling us that the Germans didn't understand the special offers and thats why they don't offer them any longer.
I'm really upset about it...The Germans are to stupid to understand special offers???

smurfy74

Denamrks not the only one Portugal isnt on the list either!!!

Riebi

Quote from: "swity"About the special offers: Like Nala already said some fans wrote letters to DLRP to complain about the situation. We also got an answer telling us that the Germans didn't understand the special offers and thats why they don't offer them any longer.
I'm really upset about it...The Germans are to stupid to understand special offers???

Yes that´s really hard! Maybe they better should change their marketing team if the couldn´t explain an offer to their customers. And maybe they should have some more chanels to explain their offer then just a link at their website.

The problem wasn´t that the germans doesn´t understand an offer. The problem is that they doesn´t know something about any offer, nothing about ToT, nothing about the 15. birthday and finally nothing about a second park that exist since over 5 years.

It shows clearly the paralysis of the german disney marketing.

Riebi

I´ve wrote them now over a week ago. No answer. :(

MinnieMouse

A friend of me got a telephone call from DLRP (Marketing) last week, they told him that Disney USA only give this special offers to other countries, while the people from there comes often and more to the Resort than the germans do. That´s the reason why. Disney Germany can´t do anything with this special problem, they told too :-(

And he told him, that the answer we get (germans didn´t understand the special offers) is absolutely nonsens .....

My english is not so good, so I can´t tell you all what they say :-(

Alexandra