The Jungle Book 40th Anniversary Platinum Edition

Started by Owain, November 01, 2007, 06:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

From Disney;

QuoteThe Jungle Book 40th Anniversary Platinum Edition

English/French/Spanish DVD

The lush and lively jungle comes alive in this exciting 40th Anniversary Platinum Edition of THE JUNGLE BOOK, brilliantly restored with enhanced picture and sound. Experience the song-filled celebration of friendship, fun and adventure that was the last film to receive Walt Disney's personal touch. Embark on a thrilling, adventure-filled journey with the boy Mowgli as he makes his way to the man-village with Bagheera, the wise panther. Along the way he meets jazzy King Louie, the hypnotic snake Kaa and the lovable, happy-go-lucky bear Baloo, who teaches Mowgli "The Bare Necessities" of life and the true meaning of friendship. Swing into a jungle of fun in this 2-disc Platinum Edition DVD with all-new bonus features. Meet the long-lost character, Rocky the Rhino, and experience never-before-heard deleted songs, all-new games and much more!  

//http://disneydvd.disney.go.com/moviefinder/products/5261503.html

Its £14.99 on Play.com  :)

//http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3275151/The-Jungle-Book-Platinum-Edition-40th-Anniversary/Product.html#

Anthony

They're advertising it on TV a lot, aren't they?

Same price on HMV.com with a beautiful little film cell and sketch: HMV - Very long URL!

I'd already ordered it from somewhere else as soon as it was announced, but I'm tempted to cancel and reorder...

There's a good review of it here: http://www.ultimatedisney.com/jungleboo ... ition.html

QuoteDisc 2 divides its supplements into two classes. Man Village houses the making-of materials. The centerpiece is "The Bare Necessities: The Making of The Jungle Book", a terrific new bonus which can be viewed as either five featurettes or a fluid documentary (46:24). This thorough retrospective systematically covers the story, animation, voices, and music, plus Walt Disney's personal involvement. New interviews are complemented by early '80s sit-downs with crew members (most of whom have since passed away) and we hear from animation historians, present-day animators, and those directly involved with the film. While it's expectedly filled with praise, there's a lot of information about the production that flows forth and one's got to appreciate that an effort was made to interview even those with limited participation on the film (like Clint Howard and Chad of Chad & Jeremy). While the structure is a bit rigid and the dizzying pace leaves a little to be desired, this is really an excellent companion to the feature and the one supplement that will most satisfy and enlighten viewers.

Sounds nothing like the awful botched job they did for Peter Pan. :D

Soap

Same here in Holland, making BIG adds for it! Billboards, tv, newspapers, shops, etc etc...  :P
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

peep

Quote from: "Baloo"Same price on HMV.com with a beautiful little film cell and sketch: HMV - Very long URL!

I'd already ordered it from somewhere else as soon as it was announced, but I'm tempted to cancel and reorder...

Noooooooo, that is such an amazing deal but I have already ordered with Play.com with their awesome packaging and I believe its already on its way to me, how annoying. I could always get two copies  :wink:   :P
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Anthony

There's a lovely boxed version with the book too:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jungle-Book-Del ... 000VG8WKS/

Maybe three copies then? :P

It's interesting how Disney are paying so much attention to this release, at least in the UK. I've seen TV adverts every day, bus stop ads, double-page magazine ads... Can't say I blame them though.

Is there any kind of bigger Jungle Book presence in DLRP at the moment?

peep

Quote from: "Baloo"There's a lovely boxed version with the book too:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jungle-Book-Del ... 000VG8WKS/

Maybe three copies then? :P

It's interesting how Disney are paying so much attention to this release, at least in the UK. I've seen TV adverts every day, bus stop ads, double-page magazine ads... Can't say I blame them though.

Is there any kind of bigger Jungle Book presence in DLRP at the moment?

I didn't notice a bigger presence within the resort tbh, but I have to agree that they have defiantly stepped up with the amount of marketing for this DVD, I really can't see how this DVD can fail to sell with the amount of backing behind it.

Lol, I think three copies could be pushing it, but it is yet another nice box :P

ukool

got myne today - its got a pop up cover  - very nice - i got it from play.com

Anthony

Got my copy today, lovely shiny cover! :D Insert inside advertising DLRP's 15th anniversary Christmas, I'm impressed!

Will give the DVD a testrun later, post a quick review. :)

peep

Woop, mine was waiting at home once I got home :D One is well pleased! I'll probably watch it come the weekend.

treble

i got 1 & 2 box set from morrisons for £14.99  :D
just like alice you\'re in wonderland

Patrick

Bought the Collectors box set last night from amazon, no doubt will receive it later this week.  Though I think Jungle Book is going a bit mad with advertising, even in Sainsburys supermarket they have stickers advertising Jungle Book DVD on all Pineapples, mango's etc :lol: .  You think people get the hint from Buena Vista :wink: .

Kristof

What DLRP advert does the UK version have?  We got the pre-15 one, while the Happy Days commercial was rushed to finish it on time to put on the dvds...  :?

QuoteBuena Vista

It's called "Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment" now.  :wink: