Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)

Started by lil-shawn, October 07, 2007, 12:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aveen2008

Quote from: "peep"The title of the 4th film has been announced at D23 Expo!

It will be called Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

Sounds intriguing, I want to know more! Depp says he is also unconfirmed to making a return to the franchise but he would be up for it if he is asked to!

They have also stated the film is to be released in 2011 (better get the topic title changed :P)

Source: Hitflix.com

A sequel without Depp would be a flop, he is a major pull to the film, well Captain Jack Sparrow is really! I had heard rumours ages ago of Zac Efron being considered but I really hope that was just a very, very bad rumour! It will be werid not having Will Turner and Elizabeth swann in the next film, lets hope they cast well!

roll on 2011 :D/
Luv Aveen xoxo

Pete's Dragon

luke85

Cool! I can't wait to hear more info about this movie soon!  :D

Luigi

good news, great to hear Johnny Depp is back and we have now a release date with 2011

-breeno-

The only direction i can see this movie going is down hill...

Dead Man's Chest and At World's End were poor, AWE being the poorest, yet Black Pearl was a masterpiece.  Don't know about you but to me it seems the series is on a downward spiral, and On Stranger Tides (which i believe is an awful name) will bring POTC down even more.

So there won't be Will or Elizabeth, that's good, i got sick of them by the end of Pirates 3 anyway.  That leaves Jack Sparrow and Barbosa, which are my two favourite POTC characters, which is good but if there's not a good story to go with them then it'll be like a train wreck.  Also if Zac Efron appears in this movie i'd be tempted to chain myself to the Walt Disney Pictures Headquarters.  Nothing and i mean nothing would make me want him to be in POTC4 (not even if they killed him off in the first 5 seconds).

So right now i'm not looking forward to this movie, and unless they can bring back the magic of Black Pearl it won't change.  Also, i'm i the only one whose getting a little tiny bit fed up of Johnny Depp?...
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Gareth

ooo sounds good to me gunna have to watch 2 and 3 now iv only seen the first one :D

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

luke85

Quote from: "-breeno-"Also, i'm i the only one whose getting a little tiny bit fed up of Johnny Depp?...

Yes... Just kidding ;)

He does seem to be in an awful lot of films recently, so I can see why some people might feel he's a bit overexposed. However, I think he's great, so I'm not complaining!

Cendrillon

I'm actually excited about this, because I think there's a high possibility that with less of the main characters and a new director, they could go back to a straight-forward pirate story, just like Black Pearl. I think the charm of the first movie was that it was a simple plot - well, certainly in comparison to the other two  :wink:  - and if they can go back to this, perhaps simply focusing on a Jack Sparrow adventure, they could certainly have another great hit at hand.

Also, there's no way I could ever get bored of Johnny Depp :]

peep

Did no one actually read what I posted? Johnny Depp is NOT confirmed to be in the fourth film. Depp would like to return but so far hasn't been approached regarding the film.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "peep"Did no one actually read what I posted? Johnny Depp is NOT confirmed to be in the fourth film. Depp would like to return but so far hasn't been approached regarding the film.

But then again it'd be pretty stupid to have him show up in full costume and character to announce the film, and then for him not to actually be in it :roll:

There's quite an interesting article on ComingSoon.net, which looks at what the film could be about, if speculation over it being based on a novel (called 'On Stranger Tides' oddly enough :wink: ) are true.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=59039

Will Jack and Barbossa be up against Blackbeard?!? :wink:

peep

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"But then again it'd be pretty stupid to have him show up in full costume and character to announce the film, and then for him not to actually be in it :roll:

I suppose you're right. :D

Cinematical had a similar article to the Comingsoon one. The story sounds interesting, especially the part about Blackbeard. Also notice the story involves someone called Jack and a search for the Fountain of youth :wink: That story has been rumoured for so long I'm surprised no one discovered this book sooner.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Gareth

if deep was not in the film would that mean it would be an all new cast?

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

Nicholas-c

High-res link:
http://img4.raidpic.com/28zz3bdf00aa.jpg

QuoteAt the D23 Disney Fan Expo, Walt Disney Studios unveiled the logo/title for the fourth film in the Pirates of the Caribbean series: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. No plot details have been revealed. What might "On Stranger Tides" mean?

The fourth installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise is gearing up to begin shooting around April or May 2010 for a tenative 2011 release. Disney has previously said that the plan is for Pirates 4 to "hopefully be the first of another trilogy," which would be shot by itself, and not back-to-back like the previous Pirates sequels. No word on who will direct the new film. Series helmer Gore Verbinski was originally attached to another Pirates film, but left to direct a big screen adaptation of the video game Bioshock. But as you probably know by now, Bioshock got passed to another filmmaker.

No source available
Still no news on cast/storyline.
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Aveen2008

Breeno: I do agree that the films went on a downward slip after the first one! I thought the 3rd was so complicated and at times didn't seem to even make sense! I remember leaving the film thinking...what on earth just happened in that movie! :? ?

I am hoping they can pull it back with the 4th Movie! I just don't think POTC would be anything without Jack Sparrow and if he wasn't in it I don't think I would be interested in watching it.  It would be like watching a toy story movie without woody, the muppets with kermit and miss piggy and lilo and stitch without stitch! :P
Luv Aveen xoxo

Luigi

really hope Johnny Depp is in this movie again. Without him, i'm more sceptic, but will watch it anyway.