DVC at DLRP

Started by mickeysimzac, March 11, 2007, 03:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickeysimzac

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "mickeysimzac"Just wanted to revisit this topic as with all the expansion currently being announced by DVC, I feel DLP will be in line for a DVC resort in the very near future. JMO

Not going to happen in the near future.  We bought at the Marriott Vacation Club earlier this year, and the partnership contract will not allow DVC to build within a 20 mile radius of the resort for 20 years (now 14 since MVCI started the programme).

That is why we bought at MVCI instead of Disney, and we do prefer the Marriott offerings to DVC.  Although with 50 units going into DL and now Hawaii, I may be tempted to expand our vacation ownership portfolio.
Believe me, if Disney wants to build a DVC resort, they will work out a deal with Marriott. JMO

britincgn

I think its a great idea .Ive been a DVC member for neally 10 years now and using your "points"for DLP is too expensive at the moment.Since I bought my share in DVC I have visited WDW every second year staying at hotels I could never have afforded before (Wilderness Lodge,Boardwalk etc each at ca300 Euro per night)