Star Tours enhancement/upgrade (EEP)

Started by Anthony, April 23, 2005, 08:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Festival Disney

A new shelter has been added outside Star Tours, much like the one added outside Space Mountain!

In other news, Vadar has made a return!

Source: http://www.disneygazette.fr/darth-vader ... s-448.html
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

dagobert

The shelter looks good and fits perfectly to the entrance sign. Now the CMs are covered when it's raining or snowing.

A few weeks ago Chewbacca returned and now Darth Vader. I have never met any Star Wars characters in the parks. It's so great that they have returned. I wonder if C3PO or R2D2 will also make appearances.

smurfy74

i just got very excited about this - it reminds me of a time gone by ( before SM ) when there were star wars characters wondering around. With this 'investment' in star tours could we expect an announcement about ST2 soon???

Anthony

Very nice shelter! Seems to be based on the "Information" booth with ROX-N in the old Astroport.

Always great when DLP returns to a classic like this and adds something very in-keeping. Kinda shows they've "still got it". Hate the amount of temporary ropes around the entrance in those photos though, are they really necessary?

Speaking of ROX-N, is she meant to be malfunctioning? I know the animatronic returned after a long absence recently (I thought it might be gone for good) but the audio and movements still seem to be all over the place as they were before. Maybe that's the joke, but I'm not sure..?

sebassah

Quote from: "smurfy74"i just got very excited about this - it reminds me of a time gone by ( before SM ) when there were star wars characters wondering around. With this 'investment' in star tours could we expect an announcement about ST2 soon???

I think the ST booth in a general DL investment and has nothing to do with the STII rumour. Eberything I have seen for the US looks amazing though!

davewasbaloo

Oh this is all very good news indeed :)

I am glad to see they can still work some magic.
since 2001 (many before that)

lauramumof3

can anyone tell me what star tours is all about and what age is it appropriate for i have a 7 year old and a 4 year old also and a 1 year old!
my son would love to meet darth vader!
Been to DLP many times when I was little and now with my own children. First time 1992 and th last time was 2012! Going in  November 2017, so exited cant wait :-)

DopeyDad

HI lauramumof3 have a look here http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guidebook/disn ... startours/

It's a fun simulator set in the Star Wars stories, my 7yo boy absolutely loves it. I think we took him on when he was 4 and that was fine although it can be a bit dark with loud noises and lurching about a bit which may frighten some youngsters. I think it depends on them really, the queuing area is great too.

davewasbaloo

My kids have been going on it since they were 2 (the height restriction only came in recently in Paris) and they love it. Before they were old enough to ride, we used to ask if we could at least take them through the queue to see R2D2 and C3PO.
since 2001 (many before that)

lauramumof3

cant belive ive been 12 times and never been on it! bet hes gonna love it.
Been to DLP many times when I was little and now with my own children. First time 1992 and th last time was 2012! Going in  November 2017, so exited cant wait :-)

Handy Andy

Hi Laura

Don't be in a rush to get onto the ride. There's loads to see in one of the best queueing areas in DLRP, and don't forget your camera.
Magical Wishes
Andy

Festival Disney

Check out the park schedule!
The Star Tours charecter will be out from 10:15-12:30 and 14:40-16:15!
http://news.disneylandparis.co.uk/UK/EN ... arades.pdf
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

dagobert

Great news. I think Disney realized that people want to see other characters as well, and not only Micky, Donald, Pluto, Goofy and Princesses.

Anthony

Does anyone know what suddenly spurred this return? Trying to give the attraction a boost, get more people through the turnstile? Just finally making the most of having the franchise? Seeing if there's interest around for a certain possible upcoming sequel to hit this continent?

Maybe they've just been sitting in a Star Tours terminal somewhere for years waiting for a flight to actually reach its destination, like a kind of Darth Vader version of the Tom Hanks film.

Adam

They were probably clearing out the loft in the Castle and found them, thinking that they might as well use them!

Perhaps they were inherited from another park, who got some new ones?