The Legend Of The Lion King - Ends Jan 4th

Started by Anthony, April 15, 2005, 11:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Quote from: "Anthony"To be honest I'd place my bets on it never returning. The stage is still all in place (after all, they completely custom rebuilt it in 2004 specifically for the show, there's no base stage beneath there), but they took down the billboards outside and the lettering on the marquee. "Cinéma Mickey" even has posters outside and its own notice on the Discoveryland information board.

Strangely, I was just coming here to moan about something that annoyed me last visit - since the stage isn't in use any more, couldn't they also remove the extra black blackout covers they put on all of Videopolis' windows when Lion King opened? It's so dark in there. You should be seeing a great view out across Discoveryland, but you can barely see your food. Maybe that's the point.

From what I've heard, the show is never coming back and neither is Tarzan...

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Kristof"From what I've heard, the show is never coming back and neither is Tarzan...

It's a shame to hear that. I can understand with Tarzan, because it'd been around for about ten years, but this hasn't been around for that long. But all good things must come to an end :wink:

Anyone want to be that we'll see Toy Story the Musical in Videopolis next year, tying in with Toy Story Playland and some kind of Toy Story/Pixar celebration theme year? :roll:  :P

ulak

On the occasion of "The Lion King" in 3D here is my own trailer from a visit the show "The Legend of the Lion King" back in 2008...

[youtube:p20oy560]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3wU_5PrSuI[/youtube:p20oy560]
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]