Muppets?

Started by anthony2k6, August 25, 2007, 11:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthony2k6

Is there a reason why DLRP seems to totally ignore the muppets? By choice? or is there some license/legal issue?

I dont understand why the american parks seem only too happy to promote muppets as part of their own disney brand these days yet DLRP totally ignores them?

I read in the Disney Stars and Motor Cars parade thread that we almost certainly wont be getting the muppets part of that parade either? why?! :(

Anonymous

Yet they do have Muppet pins on sale in the shops. Strange.

peep

Yeah, it is a bit unusual, I love the Muppets and it would be great to see an attraction based around these awesome characters appear at DLRP in the near future.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

lukesmom

I love the muppets too! I remember watching it on sunday evenings when I was little. Kermit also makes appearances in 'Play with me sesame' with Grover from time to time so my little man knows and loves him now too. I have posted on this forum previously about the lack of Playhouse Disney characters (like Bear in the Big Blue House, Play with me sesame etc) at DLRP. I think it would be nice for the little ones who watch them. The muppets would be a great start  :D
Emma xx

Mathizsias

I think it has to do with the popularity of the Muppets in Europe. Being from Holland, I know for a fact that I wasn't really familiar with the Muppets until the movies started releasing.
"It\'s been said that Disneyland will never be complete, in fact, I said it, there will always be something new and unusual." Walter Elias Disney, 1961

Kristof

You can look at the Muppets pins as a field test for its popularity, among other merchandise and the Buena Vista (forgot their new name, way too long) dvd boxsets.