Possibility of Anniversary Extension?

Started by SpectroAnt, August 11, 2007, 11:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpectroAnt

Hey everyone - this is my first post!

I've searched to see if this has already been discussed, but couldn't find anything - so apologies if it has... but I was wondering how likely it is for the 15th Anniversary celebrations to see an extension further than 31st March next year?

I've heard of year-long celebrations being extended before for Disneyland/WDW over in the States - I believe the 'Happiest Celebration/Homecoming on Earth' was extended for both resorts?

It would certainly make sense if DLRP decided to do this, seeing the success it's received already, and as it wouldn't really come at too much of an extra cost as everything is already in place. It would be great if this could happen, so even more people could enjoy the stunning decorations and experience that unique Disney anniversary celebration atmosphere - fingers crossed!

Any thoughts?

Ant :)
Disneyland Resort Paris:
1997, 2002, 2005, 2008

Walt Disney World Resort:
1989, 1991, 1996, 1999, 2002, 2004, 2006

Nicholas-c

not very likely atall im afraid... they may want to celebrate 16th Anniversary but i doubt that too
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

anthony2k6

hmmm Happiest Celebration isnt really year specific though...

Will be interesting to see how they intend to follow it though.

SpectroAnt

Quote from: "anthony2k6"hmmm Happiest Celebration isnt really year specific though...

Will be interesting to see how they intend to follow it though.

Well its title isn't at all restrictive, but it was intended as a celebration of Disneyland's 50th Anniversary (Happiest Homecoming) / 50 years of Disney Parks (Happiest Celebration)... so it is kind of similar - but I suppose the "15th Anniversary" name is much more specific.

Also, I think the Happiest Celebration might have only been extended just to stretch until Year of a Million Dreams kicked off in October 06... Whereas DLRP may not have that kind of incentive, unless they have something else planned for mid-late 2008!

I doubt they'd follow it with another celebration straight away, but I hope they'd keep up the promotion at least. They can certainly push TOT and Stitch next Summer/Halloween!
Disneyland Resort Paris:
1997, 2002, 2005, 2008

Walt Disney World Resort:
1989, 1991, 1996, 1999, 2002, 2004, 2006

Kristof

Please use this topic to discuss next year's possible theme.

viewtopic.php?t=2791