[WDW] Disney's Hollywood Studios

Started by Kristof, August 10, 2007, 12:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alpop

I'm not 100% convinced that I like this logo. There is something just not quite capturing about it. and usually I'm totally positive about Disney stuff.
The o in studios would make a great pin badge though.

If they had made the hollywood a little bit bigger the 2nd and 3rd line would line up on the right.
With the other logos in WDW I would have liked to see something more like the animal kingdom "icon" logo or the Magic Kingdom "icon" logo. You get the drift.

Dlrpfan

It looksa little like DCA, WDS and MGM all rolled into 1.
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

PetiteSirene

I quite like the new name. I didnt know about the change until I was actaully there, we dined in the drive in diner and shared a car with an off duty cast member who told us to get something with MGM quick because the MGM contract had run out.

So off I ran and bought some ToT MGM magnets which take pride of place on my fridge :D

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

dagobert

I like the new logo for the Disney's Hollywood Studios. I'm also glad that they are not using the same name of the WDS in Paris and I have to say that the logo of WDS in Paris looks better.

Owain

Quote from: "Baloo"
QuoteLIGHTS, CAMERA... LOGO!: Disney-MGM Studios transitions to a new name -- Disney's Hollywood Studios -- effective Jan. 7, 2008. On Oct. 25, 2007, Walt Disney World Resort unveiled the new official logo the renamed theme park will take. The bright, new logo features a clapboard-holding Mickey Mouse. "Mickey still plays a prominent role for us," said Studios vice-president Michael O'Grattan, "and Hollywood now truly is our middle name."
What do you think? The "Studios" is a little familiar, isn't it? :wink:

Lets hope they dont think its unique for them !  :P

WaltDisneyFanBoy

Why the new name?

Owain

Quote from: "WaltDisneyFanBoy"Why the new name?
Dont you read ?  :?

Track back to page 1

WaltDisneyFanBoy

Is the paris resort also gonna use the new brand name for the parc?

mehdi5

Quote from: "WaltDisneyFanBoy"Is the paris resort also gonna use the new brand name for the parc?
No the paris studios will keep the Walt Disney Studios name.

WaltDisneyFanBoy

Quote from: "mehdi5"
Quote from: "WaltDisneyFanBoy"Is the paris resort also gonna use the new brand name for the parc?
No the paris studios will keep the Walt Disney Studios name.
Good, becouse I don't think it would be good for The Walt Disney Studio's paris, to use the new name. They so much problems at the beginning, Pealpe are finally finding the way to the parc now.

Haz

Disney have taken down the Disney MGM sign, nothing in place yet, will let you know.
All the Best,

Haz

Anthony

Some photos from The Disney Blog on Flickr:

New signs

No sign

Old signs

Source

Anthony

The Earffel Tower is getting a new logo:

TheDisneyBlog / WDWMAGIC.COM

Mickey is facing the opposite direction now. It still looks squashed if you're used to the WDS version though. :wink:

Anthony

The arch finally has a new logo:

http://thedisneyblog.com/wp-content/upl ... tudios.jpg

I'm surprised they put a DHS logo there to be honest, it just seems strange to have it again after the main entrance, especially when that area is no longer a studio and will soon (if I'm correct) be renamed to something Pixar-ish.

RobinHood

Yeah they changed the name while i was still working at epcot and we had to get used to it quick but i still kept saying disney-mgm studios.I dont mind the new name but i prefer the old one and loads of people will still and maybe always refer to it as disney-mgm studios.You wouldnt believe how quickly they changed the signs even down to the tiniest ones yet the most important signs like the ones on the roads were yet to be changed when i left in february.
kristys prince