Rendez-vous des Stars à volonté!

Started by Kristof, July 28, 2007, 01:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Good news from WDSfans.com:

Quote from: "WDSfans.com"More changes are coming to Walt Disney Studios Park. Not just more theming, attractions or shows, but also a change in food offering. From 27th August will Rendez-Vous des Stars transformed into an all-you-can-eat restaurant, the first in its kind at the Walt Disney Studios Park.

According to several sources at French message boards will the restaurant offer for the price of 23 euros an all-you-can-eat and -drink formula and a menu that will be very similar to the one at Plaza Gardens in Disneyland Park.

Patrick

I'm sad now, the whole buffet idea never seemed to fit into the studios.  Though buffet does sound good suppose if its showing the park can cater for a whole semi sit down restaurant.  Things looking up for the park then :wink:, still only ate there once last visit, was so nice, the restaurant though always seemed out of place in the studios.  Since it seems a bit more classy   :lol: .

Kristof

Quotethe restaurant though always seemed out of place in the studios

In fact, it's a near replica of the actual eateries for cast & crews on the Disney Studios lot.

Anthony

I can see what they were trying to do having a cafeteria (sorry, "buffeteria" as they called it) restaurant, making it seem like a real working studio, but an actual buffet is waay better. Much simpler, probably more profitable and like you actually say Patrick - maybe the first step to a full table service at the studios? :)

They should turn Rendez-Vous into a Brown Derby as part of the next phase of Hollywood placemaking, that circular section is perfect for a giant hat. :) I still have to post my ideas for WDS restaurants in Imagineering... (incl. Sci-Fi Dine In for Backlot and a real Pizza Planet for Toon Studio, hehe)

Kristof

Rendez-Vous des Stars was not just turned into an all-you-can-eat restaurant, it got a touch of Ratatouille as well!  Signs mentioning the movie, as well as stuffed and cut out characters adorn the restaurant.

And of course, a ratatouille dish is served as well!  

The price for an adult is 23 euro's, which includes one drink!

Photos here:
http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/v ... 31_aug_07/

Cinder

The whole Ratatouille invasion is looking great!  What an excellent idea!  And as far as I know, DLRP is the first resort to have a Ratatouillish restaurant.   :D

The Butlin Boy

Well I definitely wasn't expecting this, what a good idea, it looks great :)

Kristof

I agree, this came so totally out of the blue!  I can appreciate these tie-ins a lot more than that hideous Cars poster on Disney Studio 1.

Nala_84

The pics look sweet, as the Ratatouille Characters do :)

What kind of food do they sell at the All You Can Eat? I guess 23 €could be too much for Vegetarians because we don't have a big choice?!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

WDI1992

I like the concept... like it very much indeed. It's bound to be great food and for Disney standards it is cheap! The theming looks good aswell, and it's nice to see they're doing something around this theme, Ratatouille is lovely and the story is situated in Paris, so it's just right DLRP did something with it, the main story being about food, no wonder they chose a restaurant concept :)
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

Kristof

Quote from: "Nala_84"The pics look sweet, as the Ratatouille Characters do :)

What kind of food do they sell at the All You Can Eat? I guess 23 €could be too much for Vegetarians because we don't have a big choice?!

I always do buffet service to avoid the "pasta only" at the other sit down restaurants.  The menu is similar to Plaza Gardens.

Nala_84

Are you Vegetarian, too?! :)

But good to hear that it's worth the money, thank you :)! So I guess there are salads, pastas & vegetables?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

l
Yes, I find it easier to find more vegetarian stuff at the buffet restaurants than at sit down restaurant where the choice is limited to just one offering.

At Plaza Gardens (thus also at Rendez-Vous des Stars) they have delicious vegetarian starters with lots of vegetables without meat or fish and a great tortellini with cheese (I know it's pasta too, but at least it's without a tomato sauce).  There's also always a chef or sous-chef present so you can ask what's vegi-stuff and they've always been happy to help me out!

Nicholas-c

so its the same food as plaza gardens ?

sweet  8) it was a nice change from burgers and chips
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Kristof

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"so its the same food as plaza gardens ?

sweet  8)

Nicholas-c, from the first message on top of this page:

Quotea menu that will be very similar to the one at Plaza Gardens in Disneyland Park.

:wink: