Woody's Roundup Village

Started by Imagineer, July 23, 2007, 06:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

I am interested in seeing how this will turn out, I don't actually mind about this, I'm just hoping that they will add loads of other interactive bits to the area like the scream machines by the Monsters inc photo location in the studios :wink:

Kristof

QuoteI was hoping this was a start to a hopefuly later project of Splash Mountain. Laughing

That happens when you don't take my word for it.  :wink:

The Butlin Boy

How reliable is your source Raptor because dlp.info seem to think differently:

QuoteSo what could the work be supposed for?
Let's say it like this: at this point everything points to preparation work for the upcoming seasons. Originally everything indicated preparation for the upcoming Halloween Season which will have to center even more on Frontierland than in the apst years, since there is no room for the giant pumpkin structure on Central Plaza due to the anniversary stage set up there. But lately new information is showing up, that the preparation might also be used for a "Father Christmas Ranch" for the Christmas Season.
A "Father Christmas Ranch"? Yes, according to these rumors the Christmas season for the first time ever will expand majorly into this area of Frontierland. After all "Mickey's Winter Wonderland" is presented just across the walkway already anyway. The concept of a "Father Christmas Ranch" could be similar to the "Reindeer Round-up" at the Big Thunder Ranch at Disneyland Anaheim. There guests can meet Father Christmas in a rustic setting as well as take a look at his reindeer in an enclosure close by - similar to what the rumors indicate for the former Critter Coral. A public enclosure for Santa's reindeer would make sense, since they need to be kept somewhere on-site during the Christmas season anyway for their performances in the daily parade and can't be transported back and forth from their regular enclosures at Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch continuously.
The rumors are mum, tough, whether we can expect anything of the additional features of the "Reindeer Round-up" - say the photo ops with Miss Santa Claus, other Disney characters such as Pluto in their Christmas outfits, live entertainment etc. ... but in the end we will learn soon enough whether these rumors are correct and what exact guests will be able to enjoy.

And seeing as it has been confermed that there will be a santa's village this year at christmas, how reliable do you think it is?

Link

Anthony

It sounds like the same rumour to me, a rustic Father Christmas ranch village thing. They just don't mention what it'll be the rest of the year, Woody's Roundup.

Kristof

QuoteHow reliable is your source Raptor because dlp.info seem to think differently:

Yes, didn't I posted that on the magicblog too?  That it will be used also during christmas and halloween?

Quote.can't be transported back and forth from their regular enclosures at Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch continuously.

Besides, the reindeers weren't kept at Davy Crocket Ranch, nor are the other animals.  There's a huge area for them right behind Frontierland.  :roll:

The Butlin Boy

Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me :wink:

Owain

Picture Updates From Joel;

:o  ROOFS !  :D

Source; //http://joel.at.dlp.online.fr/dlp/20070911/

RnRCj

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out :lol:

We're probably the only pople who get excited over a few new rooftops :P

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "RnRCj"We're probably the only people who get excited over a few new rooftops :P

Yep and we're proud of it :wink:

Xinda

When do you guys think will they be done?
Dead man tell no tales

Soap

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"
Quote from: "RnRCj"We're probably the only people who get excited over a few new rooftops :P

Yep and we're proud of it :wink:

Amen brothers  :P
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Kristof

Fresh photos from yesterday:

Source

Imagineer

nice

RnRCj

Thanks for the photo update :wink: Is there any idea when this will be ready? :?:

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for the update Raptor :)