Wishes fireworks 2007

Started by always_magic, July 05, 2007, 11:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coruscantpt

So raptor do you know if there's going to be any change this year?
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

dlrp-mad

I don't think they're gonna make many changes to wishes, although a few would be nice - especially with it being their 15th Anniversary Celebrations.

Unfortunatley, I won't see wishes this year  :cry:  but I'm hoping it will return next year, as I'm planning on a nice relaxing summer disney/france break.

dlrp-mad :mickey2:

dlrp trips:Debut] August 2006 - Sequoia Lodge December 2007 - Disneyland Hotel July 2008 - Newport Bay Club

Kristof

Quote from: "coruscantpt"So raptor do you know if there's going to be any change this year?

I don't think there will be any major changes, but then again, a couple of years ago there was a special Legend of the Lion King tie-in during Tink's Fantasy in the Sky... So who knows!  (I'll let you guys know when I'm back on Sunday... )

seanmartina

was wondering has anyone seen wishes this year yet, has it changed any or any extras added...

Kristof

No changes this year!

speedpacket

Quote from: "seanmartina"was wondering has anyone seen wishes this year yet, has it changed any or any extras added...
It was all the same :)  Nothing changed, but I must say that the combo of Fantillusion, Candleabration AND wishes really adds an incredible finale to your day...  If all days were to end with such a magical feeling, we would no longer live, but be in heaven :)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Crush_Love

oh, i cannot wait until, aug. 21, to see wishes
DLRP, là où les rêves deviennent réalité

-b-e-n-9-5-

whats halloween - soiree?
Where Magic Lives

pink

Quote from: "speedpacket"
Quote from: "seanmartina"was wondering has anyone seen wishes this year yet, has it changed any or any extras added...
It was all the same :)  Nothing changed, but I must say that the combo of Fantillusion, Candleabration AND wishes really adds an incredible finale to your day...  If all days were to end with such a magical feeling, we would no longer live, but be in heaven :)

i have to say i agree with you there this year wa smy first visit so i ahve no idea if it has changed ect but this night time entertainment really made my holiday and was just th ediusney magic i had been looking for it was amazing :D  all i can say about fantillusion is wow then you get the bonus candlebration followed by wishes it really does leave you with a magical feeling to end your day and i dont think anything could top it my husband was adiment he wouldnt be staying up to watch it every night but that all changed as soon as he saw it once its a crime to go to disney and not stay up to watch it its got to be the best by far, we have to watch it on youtube everynight now  :oops: and my kids sing the song all day and night its truely amaxing i cant wait till i go back just to see wishes and soak up the atmosphere  :D  :D

-b-e-n-9-5-

why did disney decide to cut fireworks from everyday to just the summer and special celebrations
Where Magic Lives

speedpacket

Quote from: "djdisney1"why did disney decide to cut fireworks from everyday to just the summer and special celebrations
I don't think they ever did it whole year in Paris, or am I mistaking?  Now you mad me doubt :o)

Either way - the reason is very simple really - fireworks cost a LOT of money and with Eurodisney not in a too good situation (might this year finally change that balance?), it was just a finance-based decision :)

Plus you have to remember that the surrounding areas and people living there don't really like to hear the big fireworks every night...  That's why Disney is only allowed to fire off the really big ones on a limited number of days through the year (and that is why Wishes doesn't really have the big ones either ;) )
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Kristof

In fact, there has been a lawsuit, not long after the park opened.  Since then all "big" fireworks at Disneyland Park are strictly forbidden, unless they get a special permit for it for selected days, like Speedpacket said.  That includes Bastille Day, New Years Eve, etc.

But did you know that the lawsuit does not cover other parts of the Resort?  For example, Bonfire on Lake Disney can use bigger fireworks, because it's not as close to the residential areas, unlike Fantasyland is.

coruscantpt

Yes, that's right. When i went in 1994 the summer fireworks were not in fantasyland but in Lake Disney using the big fireworks.
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

Filip

That is quite pitty, this means that even Disneyland Paris could have more money in the future, they will never can do such a great fireworks and never compete to those in disney world,... and to the resort. But why did they build the fantasyland near the village?? They had to knew it.
On the other hand, there live people very near disneyland in california, and there they dont have problems with the big firewprks at all.

Patrick

Quote from: "Filip"That is quite pitty, this means that even Disneyland Paris could have more money in the future, they will never can do such a great fireworks and never compete to those in disney world,... and to the resort. But why did they build the fantasyland near the village?? They had to knew it.
On the other hand, there live people very near disneyland in california, and there they dont have problems with the big firewprks at all.

I see wdw just try to rely on big fireworks to wow crowds, whereas dlp does not do fireworks so big anyway.  Wishes in dlp actually seems like a perfect ending to a day, and if dlp had a lot of money in the future I would assume they would use it to build more attractions and shows than fireworks so much.  The villages also around the resort were mostly built after the resort opened, meaning they may have not built fantasyland anywhere near a village, but was made a village after dlp opened.  As for DLR well the people around there are not too happy themselves with the local high flying fireworks.  Personally to me I don't care for fireworks so much every visit, there is so much more to do in dlrp than see fireworks.