Toon Studio placemaking

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Read between the lines...  :wink:  It's not because yesterday the Incredibles were out, they won't be out next week or tomorrow or when ever DLRP decides its time to send them out officially.
And they can't have Mrs. Incredible pose in front of a Paris town backdrop, can they?

Bowie

No but I mean The Incredibles gone forever that the ratatouille Photolocation is there forever. But the Ratatouille Photolocation was only there for the pers event and it comes back but not soon . I think with the release of the film then ?

Bowie

P.S sorry ik begrijp niet helemaal wat je bedoelt.

Kristof

Quote from: "Bowie"No but I mean The Incredibles gone forever that the ratatouille Photolocation is there forever. But the Ratatouille Photolocation was only there for the pers event and it comes back but not soon . I think with the release of the film then ?

Bowie

P.S sorry ik begrijp niet helemaal wat je bedoelt.

No problem (Bowie says he doesn't understand me well).  I'll send you a message in Dutch.  :)

tubbsy

This may be a stupid comment.

The places for the photographs are great, but it must be hard work to keep swapping them around for the films. It's a shame they couldnt do some sort of rolling system so that the backdrops are easily swapped over, so more characters are out and about. Problem would be that it didnt look too naff and the characters werent too tired.....

This may be another stupid comment-
but why have specific places for photos in WDS? In Disneyland Park, you just have a photo with a character, no backdrop.

By the way-I've discovered Babelfish-
Great for translating
Mein Deutsch ist nicht gut-only ever used it to do my weekly shopping when I lived in Germany and the only Dutch I know is the word for bunk bed (Thanks to Angela! :D ) I wish I had studied harder at languages at school :(

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Kristof

QuoteThe places for the photographs are great, but it must be hard work to keep swapping them around for the films. It's a shame they couldnt do some sort of rolling system so that the backdrops are easily swapped over, so more characters are out and about. Problem would be that it didnt look too naff and the characters werent too tired.....

Lift out the frame and replace it with another frame, how hard work can this be?   :wink:

tubbsy

Hard enough - for me anyway! :lol: Told you it was probably a stupid comment! :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

TowMater

Quote from: "Riebi"Is the placemaking now completly finished or are there some things to do?

It is completly done, They might change a few character locations around by the sounds since the Ratoullie characters had arrived.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Kristof

There's one thing that still needs to be done: the area loop!  The old Animation Courtyard one was still being played, while nothing was played at the new attractions plaza.  Does anyone know when this will be fixed (Grandmath or Kinou?)

Maarten

Quote from: "raptor1982"There's one thing that still needs to be done: the area loop!

The area loop is always the icing on the cake for me. It gives an area a certain vibe without many people noticing it. Hopefully they will bring back the new jazzy Toon Studio loop that they were using a couple of months ago.

Edit: I was just watching a few pics at PhotosMagiques of the press event for Toon Studio. I realised after seeing a cameracrane and some studiolamps that those aspects are missing right now at Toon Studio. Are they planning on adding some more studio equipment in the future?

Kristof

I've uploaded a video to WDSfans with some nightshots of the Toon Studio plaza!

http://www.photosmagiques.com/wdsfans/n ... studio.php

Riebi

Wow! Wonderful video! The light effects on crushs coaster are cool! Looks very stylish at night!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Maarten

At night the place looks even better then during the day. Beside the lighting effects on the Crush building, I also like the twinkling lights in the trees near Toon Studio Plaza. Did they also put these small lights in the new trees at Disney Bros. Plaza at the entrance to Toon Studio?  :)

TowMater

Wow! The neons at the cars ride & the Toon Studio backdrop are cool.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

tubbsy

Oh wow! The effects around Crush are amazing! Even my DH who isnt Disney crazy admits that is billiant.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

RnRCj

It looks truly magic at night :)