Toon Studio placemaking

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

The Studios is shaping up nicely, but does anyone think it's going too blue?
since 2001 (many before that)

Masamune

:D Nah, blue is a nice colour!

:lol: Of course, I'd rather it all be pink, but that's just me...

penfold12

I did think that when the art of animation was painted blue, it was a step to far, but seeing that new art work, im going to hold judgement untill its all finished! :o

Whoknew?

will animagique also be repainted in blue? methinks yes and in the toon studio area it fits perfectly but seen from the entrance of the wds it'll look strange, 2 yellow studios an one blue. but maybe the cinémagique building will be also repainted  :lol:

Anthony

Quote from: "Whoknew?"will animagique also be repainted in blue? methinks yes and in the toon studio area it fits perfectly but seen from the entrance of the wds it'll look strange, 2 yellow studios an one blue.
The way the building is designed, they could paint the Toon-side wall blue and leave the Front Lot-side wall yellow without it looking odd.  I think/hope that's what they'll do.

Some extra decoration for the entrance wouldn't hurt either... just something simple like those fabled paint brushes. They seem so unwilling to give it some love, I wonder if they know something we don't?

Edit:

I see La Rouquine on Disney Central Plaza is reporting they've abandoned the idea of painting the current tarmac floor of the land in favour of just fully replacing it with flagstones! Great news!

davewasbaloo

My concern with the blue is it will look great on a sunny day, but imagine it on a cold, grey winter's day.  I find the tan colour of the studios much warmer and friendlier.

Anthony

Here's a cold, grey winter's day:

It holds up rather well really.  With the extra gold decorations and the front of Crush finished it should be fine... It's very vibrant at least.  One bad thing about the yellow is that it's quite wishy washy and dull for what should be/have been a very lively area.

thebatman_1

Well the scaffholding is now up above Studio 3 and its getting ready to be repainted. Sorry I don't have any photos but I get some tomorrow.

Riebi

The beginning of the scaffolding you can see on disneytheque.com:

http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/ ... g-WDS.html

can´t await to see more construction site pics from you :D
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Dlrpfan

whas the blue  and red thing next to the tree?
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

davewasbaloo

The blue and red thing has always been there (although I think a different colour).  It's near the stage that used to have Siser Act on it, near Cinemagique and the Disney Channel.  It was originally built to display show times for the stage, however, I think it has film posters in it now.

Nala_84

Well, I like the blue and I think it fits very well :) It's also good to differ between the theme lands...

When will this amazing Mickey sorcerer's statue appear in the park?? I didn't know something about this and now I'm totally excited about it!!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

The Butlin Boy

It looks like Studio 3 will be going blue:

Source: Scrooge at DMI

Owain

Whats with all the blue ?  :?

Riebi

Get the other front elements differents colors too? :?:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...