Toon Studio placemaking

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

They had a "meet 'n greet" street at Disney-MGM Studios.  They had a few trailers on each side of the road ligned up next to each other.  When the characters were out (mostly Disney Channel characters), they played loud Disney Channel music.  Nothing impressive.  :lol:

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"They had a "meet 'n greet" street at Disney-MGM Studios.  They had a few trailers on each side of the road ligned up next to each other.  When the characters were out (mostly Disney Channel characters), they played loud Disney Channel music.  Nothing impressive.  :lol:
Haha, you've really made me fall in love with the idea now!  :lol:

Kristof

Yeah, but I heard they plan real meet 'n greet locations, instead of blend trailers as compared to MGM.

Anthony

That's good.  I'd love our Animation Courtyard to be turned into something like Fantasyland at Hong Kong Disneyland, with lots of meet n greets spread through gardens and streams and so on.  Just because it's a movie studio doesn't mean it can't be whimsical, imo.

I guess the meet n greets at Camp Minnie-Mickey (AK) are a bit of an inspiration too.  Since ours will be supported by 2 (or 3 incl. the carpets) proper attractions, they should be a great addition to the park.

The original Toon Studios layout plans showed two trailers the same as Mickey's current one along with what looked like one extra meet 'n' greet, though...

Kristof

Oh I also forgot to mention that the plans showed the existing Studio Cathering Co. chart with the ice cream cone on, would be moved to that "greenery department" and would be expanded with a small seating area between the greenery.

Anthony

Any kind of greenery gets a thumbs up from me!  It's not good that that Studio Catering Co. van will probably be the only "restaurant" in the whole of the area though.  I've been wondering for a long time if the facade of the Cars garage will feature some kind of small stall or catering facility...

Something else just popped into my head too - I wonder what they'll do with the Nemo photo location next to Art of Disney?  I presume that area will be redeveloped slightly when Tower of Terror opens, but hopefully it'll be given something more than just a bit of extra grass.

Anthony

The latest photos of Crush's Turtle Twister from yesterday can be found here: http://www.jourifromparis.nl/index.php? ... ticleid=34

The lift hill has almost reached its full height and I'd say well over half of the track is now installed, two thirds perhaps.  You can also see very clearly the foundations for the station and first lift hill of the ride.  :D

Kristof

Photos by Grandmath on Disney Central Plaza:

Anthony

It's great how clearly you can see the ride layout in that front section already.  Has anyone got any idea why the bottom of the conrete wall in the first photo seems to have been painted black?  The future soil level?

I'm really looking forward to seeing track go in for the dark ride section.  You can see what the coaster section is like from other parks with the same model, so it'll be nice to see something totally new.

When will they test the ride system?  I'd take a guess it'll be once it's 99% complete (ie. roof, themeing, everything in place), but maybe someone with more coaster knowledge could semi-confirm this?  I don't remember them running RNRC before it was enclosed, so I guess it'll be the same here. :( I just REHEEALY want to see how they've managed to make a Maurer Söhne spinner car look like Crush!  :lol:

Btw, here's an interesting link: http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/sh ... p?t=518098  Looks like someone is already having a go at a RCT3 version of the ride!

Dlrpfan

seeing the pics a month ago and the ones now is soooo amazing!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

The Butlin Boy

Does anyone know when construction on cars is going to begin?

Anthony

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Does anyone know when construction on cars is going to begin?
It's a very simple ride, the only thing adding time will be the themeing.  I'd take a rough guess at maybe August/September for construction to begin.  Toon Studios is rumoured to open in May (or April) next year, so that'd still give just under 8 months.  And if Cars was a major major flop, then they could still have time to put in something else... but I'd say the chances of that happening or them being able to do that would be 0%. :)

At Crush's Turtle Twister, apparently they installed the Immelman Turn (or the "Fer à Cheval" - horseshoe - as it seems to be known in France).  That's this bit:

http://www.wimmerl.com/Coaster/Bilder/A ... 05609.html

It doesn't go that vertical in the Toon Studios version though (about 50 degrees I think), and the "edges" of the turn are more banked.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Baloo"At Crush's Turtle Twister, apparently they installed the Immelman Turn

Yes, they have:

They have also started to make the dark ride section:

http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=581

Dlrpfan

reminds me a bit of primevil wherl
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Kristof

Oh no, it's completely different, doesn't even look like it!  Thank god, 'cause Primeavel Whirl was horrible!!!