The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMCD

WOW! What a great show! I got goose bumps watching those videos. They really should make a regular nighttime spectacular with the projections, pyro-effects and fireworks on ToT!

Well done, DLRP!

Remco K.

I'm truly amazed by the scale of this grand opening. Especially the effect where the package is ripped of the Tower of Terror is executed greatly!

To answer an older question I hadn't noticed before:

Quote from: "RnRCj"Does anyone know why in the far right elevator shaft the corridor scene is above the mirror scene?
It's the same with the DCA version of The Tower of Terror. I once heard it's an infrastructural thing. The scenes fit better in the building in that order.

The Butlin Boy

I agree, it looked like a truly fantastic event, I've not seen a ride opening for anything as good as this. And another plus now is that the people behind the WDS now have no excuse for not having a big Halloween event now :wink:

coruscantpt

Yes, they could do a more creapy halloween party in the studios, with the ToT as the center of the celebration, includiong this great projections and fireworks
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "coruscantpt"Yes, they could do a more creapy halloween party in the studios

You've just given me an idea, they could have a children's/fun Halloween party in the DLP and a more grown up/spooky one in the WDS :D

zanderstarz

I saw the final rehearsal for the grand opening with Poppy on Friday 4th at 11:30pm. It was professionally filmed too, so look out for us standing at the side  :P   We stood there awestruck, it was truly amazing! If only they could put that show on everynight before the park closed, sadly though its probably too light to get the full effect of the projections, even so, very impressive, one of the best special events I've seen. Well done Disney Paris!
~ just like we dreamed it ~

RnRCj

There's a great quality video of the opening ceremony at Disneytheque, along with some high-res photos. It also includes part of the opening ceremony for Stitch Live! :D

//http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/archives/48-Tower-of-Terror.html

The Butlin Boy

I heard the winning radio entry in the car yesterday, it was played on our local radio station, and it sounded great. I also saw an advert for it on the TV today on channel Dave :)

-breeno-

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"I heard the winning radio entry in the car yesterday, it was played on our local radio station, and it sounded great. I also saw an advert for it on the TV today on channel Dave :)

Really?  Which one won it?  I think i seen the last second of the TV ad on a music channel yesterday (cant remember what channel, i was channel hoping :P ), all i seen was a ToT style bellhop so i thought that must of been the competition winner.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "-breeno-"Really?  Which one won it?

You can read about the winning entries here!
Strangely, the TV advert I saw wasn't the winning one from the site :-k

Riebi

Amazing show DLRP!!!! must be even better in real!!! Never seen something like this since Space Mountain in 1995. OMG such a long time!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

Just finished uploading our picture from the Tower of Terror launch.

You can check them out here:
//http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/special_events/tower_of_terror_launch.php

A video will follow probably tomorrow.  :)

Soap

Quote from: "raptor1982"Just finished uploading our picture from the Tower of Terror launch.

You can check them out here:
http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/s ... launch.php

A video will follow probably tomorrow.  :)

Whahahhaha i was there (opening stitch live with K.Holz) to Raptor and i surely spotted you  :P (You and 2 other guys?)
I will upload proof asap....I tried to speak to you, but you where in the VIP zone...pfff.... :roll:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Remco K.

I was reading a news item (not Disney-related) about Georgina Verbaan (a Dutch TV-presenter/actress) on the Dutch site FOK.nl. There was also a video attached to the item where you can see Georgina run through some hallway and finally through a emergency exit outside the building. It took a little moment to make me realize she was running through a closed WDS... :shock: And the building she was running through was actually Tower of Terror. According to the news item the video was rumored to be found on the computer of Georgina's house-mate.

[youtube:3qb20wqo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3qa7mmnb1k&e[/youtube:3qb20wqo]

You would think it was all a promotional thing for Tower of Terror, but I wonder if this one is actually official...

Anthony

Adverts for ToT are now appearing on UK TV networks. They're... ok I suppose. Mention "Paris' new Tower" with some boy badly dubbed standing next to a bellhop.

Have a very strange resort logo at the end though, with Disneyland Resort the same as the 15th anniversary logo but then 'Paris' off at the side in ugly Walt Disney Script typeface. Looks like some kind of cheap fan project.

The idea that won the MTV contest was far better.